Beck figures out how to draw blacks to tea party

Will Beck attempt to use the historical significance of the date to promote his own event? Will Beck be comparing "the plan" to MLK's "dream"?

You must not watch the show. Beck often makes reference to his deep admiration of King. Also, King's niece, Dr. Alveda King, has been a guest on his show, and they are very fond towards each other.

'Glenn Beck': History of Nonviolence - Glenn Beck - FOXNews.com

BECK: You bet.

Let me start with Dr. King.

Do you see parallels between the 1960s and today?

KING: There are parallels between the 1960s and now, because during the 1960s, people were being slaughtered, their lives were being taken, there was violence, greed, drugs were rising — just all of this. And my uncle was saying, you've got to come back to faith, hope and love. Now, you get the translation and say faith, hope and charity — faith, hope and love.

And he got that from his father, Daddy King. And he got that from his ancestors, you know? And so, coming forth, you've got to love each other and you have to have faith. And you never lose hope. Even when things are really, really, really bad — there's always hope.

So today, we have the same conditions. People being slaughtered, war and rumors of war, abortion, drugs, sicknesses, disease — all of this is going on. Greed — America has gone crazy with greed. I really have to say that.

And so, in the midst of all of this, people caring more about themselves than the least of these, than others. And so, the answer is going to always be the same: You've got to have faith. You've got to begin to continue to hope and not give up on others.

And then the other thing: You hate evil, but you don't hate the people that do evil. So, hate has to go out the window.

Also, while there may be Tea Party members there, it is not a Tea Party rally. There will be other people as well, including those from the 9-12 Project.

Come join Glenn and members of the Special Operations Warrior Foundation at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. on August 28, 2010 for the Restoring Honor Rally. This non-political, non-partisan event will recognize our First Amendment rights and honor the service members who fight to protect those freedoms.

Yeah, so now you can hate her and her worthless opinions as well.:lol:

Rant - Was Martin Luther King A Republican?

Dr. King’s political leanings were probably influenced a great deal by his father, Martin Luther King, Sr. – who was a noted Republican. He would have likely endorsed Richard Nixon for the 1960 election. But when the younger King was arrested during a sit-in, it was then-presidential candidate John F. Kennedy who ensured his release, as a favor to Martin Luther King, Sr. After his son was freed, King backed him in the election – and some 10 million votes were delivered for the Democrat. (As a side note, Kennedy was not known for being an overly enthusiastic supporter of civil rights.)

When remembering Dr. King, don’t worry if he was a Democrat or a Republican. Instead, try to rise above labels and identify the good and bad that exists in both political parties. Try to emulate Martin Luther King, Jr. His example should prompt us to be better men and women.

• Banned
where did I say any of what you claimed?

I merely pointed out she agrees with Beck.

Being related to MLK does not mean she gives him the right to hold an event on MLK day and claim MLKs mantle now does it?

I dont think King would be very fond of him

You got the first three words right. In fact, you know jack shit about who MLK would or would not have been fond of. But.... his niece might. I figure I'll trust her judgement of him over yours, you racist partisan little hack.

• Banned
MLK would not have liked Glen Beck and any sane person knows that

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/28/fox-host-glenn-beck-obama_n_246310.html

The group was discussing the recent Gates controversy, and Beck exclaimed that Obama has "over and over again" exposed himself as "a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture. I don't know what it is..."

When Fox's Brian Kilmeadeon pointed out that many people in Obama's administration are white, so "you can't say he doesn't like white people," Beck pressed on. "I'm not saying he doesn't like white people, I'm saying he has a problem," Beck said. "This guy is, I believe, a racist."

Last edited:

Being related to MLK does not mean she gives him the right to hold an event on MLK day and claim MLKs mantle now does it?

One sarcastic response does not equate to "claims". Follow the bouncing ball.:lol: He actually doesn't need permission, but you shouldn't fret so much. If you don't want to support such principles, then THAT is your right.

One sarcastic response does not equate to "claims". Follow the bouncing ball.:lol: He actually doesn't need permission, but you shouldn't fret so much. If you don't want to support such principles, then THAT is your right.

He does need permission to take the MLK mantle and right wing nutters do not have the right to bestow it on him. You are the people he fought to win rights from.

The right are the ones who say ANY talk of racism is pulling the race card.

This man said the first black president was a racist.

Do you really think MLK would agree with that stupidity?

He does need permission to take the MLK mantle and right wing nutters do not have the right to bestow it on him. You are the people he fought to win rights from.

The right are the ones who say ANY talk of racism is pulling the race card.

This man said the first black president was a racist.

Do you really think MLK would agree with that stupidity?

Hey, I have an idea.....why don't you and your merry band of idiots, who exist in your head, file a fucking lawsuit??:lol:

Do you really claim that Beck can just claim the mantle of MLK ?

That is what he is doing here.

I guess post #3 really sent your silly ass for a loop since it threw your premise off. Can I get you cup of tea to calm your frazzled nerves??:D

Truthmatters.. Do you feel that Democrats should be in control the MLK mantle..?

He was a Republican after all...

Truthmatters.. Do you feel that Democrats should be in control the MLK mantle..?

Nope I did not say that now did I (what the fuck is it with you cons and making up shit ?)

I know he was a republican but the party is no longer the same party is it?

Many blacks voted R back then but now .......well .....not so much huh?

Nope I did not say that now did I (what the fuck is it with you cons and making up shit ?)

I know he was a republican but the party is no longer the same party is it?

Many blacks voted R back then but now .......well .....not so much huh?

I know you didn't.. just asking...

Dare I ask.. why do you think Blacks vote for Democrats now.?. just asking your opinion..(no hidden agenda..)

Because they are voting their own self interests?

Why do you think they vote democratic?

Forum List

Back