Beck & Cordoba

What is the significance of Aug. 28?

It's the anniversary of the 'I have a dream' speech.

So the black racists are getting all ansty about Beck hijacking 'their' guy's speech.... despite the fact that MLK would despise the way they have hijacked his 'dream' and made it into a nightmare.

And, I am struggling to work out why this is in the politics forum. Ohhh, wait, it's cuz the OP is too stupid to know the difference between a politician and a political commentator.

Libs can't see their own hypocrisy.

If MLK's dream truly happened, then it wouldn't be "their" day. There wouldn't be a "we" or "them" or "their", just "our", as all Americans without regard to race.

Sadly, its the left that is perverting MLK's message. MLK's dream included white people having the same rights also. I think King would be proud to see someone like Beck honoring him and honoring imporant African Americans in our past. Beck has taught me more about the massive contributions African Americans have made to the US than any public school I ever attended. Yet, somehow he's racist?

Flip the spin of the OP and you have a right wing against the rights of a group based on their religion who wish to build on their own property while the rightwing is supportive of beck's rights to freedom of speech and his choice to use a day he knew would cause controversy and upset people.
Do you see the hypocrisy in that or does the right have the same problem that you assign only to the left??

This "hypocrisy" goes both ways. You can't HONESTLY whine that the cordoba group needs to be sensitive of the feelings of the families of the victims of 9/11 as you refuse to be sensitive to the feelings of those who are against beck using that specific day.

Both beck and cordoba have a right to do what they are doing but to be supportive of one and against the other makes you a hypocrite no matter which side you are on.

Last edited:

Apparently, it's the anniversary of the "I have a dream speech"

It's rather funny, because the Family members of MLK I've seen speak out about it are in favor of it.

Yep.

Family members of MLK spoke in favor of it.......ON TV ON BECKS SHOW!!!!

Guess libs missed that one.

How many memberS of mlk's family spoke on becks show??

I remember MLK's niece being on beck's show but other than that what do you have and can you please quote all of the family members that are supportive of beck's choice to use that day??

So the black racists are getting all ansty about Beck hijacking 'their' guy's speech.... despite the fact that MLK would despise the way they have hijacked his 'dream' and made it into a nightmare.

And, I am struggling to work out why this is in the politics forum. Ohhh, wait, it's cuz the OP is too stupid to know the difference between a politician and a political commentator.

If MLK's dream truly happened, then it wouldn't be "their" day. There wouldn't be a "we" or "them" or "their", just "our", as all Americans without regard to race.

Sadly, its the left that is perverting MLK's message. MLK's dream included white people having the same rights also. I think King would be proud to see someone like Beck honoring him and honoring imporant African Americans in our past. Beck has taught me more about the massive contributions African Americans have made to the US than any public school I ever attended. Yet, somehow he's racist?

Flip the spin of the OP and you have a right wing against the rights of a group based on their religion who wish to build on their own property while the rightwing is supportive of beck's rights to freedom of speech and his choice to use a day he knew would cause controversy and upset people.
Do you see the hypocrisy in that or does the right have the same problem that you assign only to the left??

This "hypocrisy" goes both ways. You can't HONESTLY whine that the cordoba group needs to be sensitive of the feelings of the families of the victims of 9/11 as you refuse to be sensitive to the feelings of those who are against beck using that specific day.

Both beck and cordoba have a right to do what they are doing but to be supportive of one and against the other makes you a hypocrite no matter which side you are on.

Absurd Reasoning. The Theme of the Day is content of Character.

Amen!

It's rather funny, because the Family members of MLK I've seen speak out about it are in favor of it.

I believe his niece will be speaking at the event.

I just wish I could go....

I remember MLK's niece being on beck's show but other than that what do you have and can you please quote all of the family members that are supportive of beck's choice to use that day??

What freeking difference does it make.... the day is going to be about restoring honor to America.

Whats the problem with that?

Amen!

I'll try to get as many pictures as I can and post them here. ;)

Flip the spin of the OP and you have a right wing against the rights of a group based on their religion who wish to build on their own property while the rightwing is supportive of beck's rights to freedom of speech and his choice to use a day he knew would cause controversy and upset people. Do you see the hypocrisy in that or does the right have the same problem that you assign only to the left??

I have'nt heard anyone but The Black Panthers bitch about the date... and to them I say Fuk off!

What freeking difference does it make.... the day is going to be about restoring honor to America.

Whats the problem with that?

The Totalitarians have a long list of offenses.

Life,
Liberty,
The Pursuit of Happiness,
Be Fruitful'
Multiply.
Replenish the Earth,
Bear Witness and Tell the Truth about What You See,
Private Property,
Thou Shall not Covet,
Jealousy,
Wisdom,
Prudence,
Worship,
Free Will,
Fast Food,
"The Expendables" (Great Movie)
Mac Donald's
Veal anything,
fair compensation,
Free Market.
Name it, if it makes someone smile, and it is not taxed and regulated, they feel cheated. :lol:

but i think there is a difference. thousands of people died on 9/11. they died at the hands of muslim extremists. now muslims want to build a mosque near that site.
MLK gave a speech about unity. nobody died. glenn beck had nothing to do with that day. if anything, he's going to echo mlk's message.

glenn beck's speech is part of a 1 day event. and then it's over.
the mosque will be there for (probably) hundreds of years.

I'll try to get as many pictures as I can and post them here. ;)

Oh please do.... its going to be historic.

The Totalitarians have a long list of offenses.

Life,
Liberty,
The Pursuit of Happiness,
Be Fruitful'
Multiply.
Replenish the Earth,
Bear Witness and Tell the Truth about What You See,
Private Property,
Thou Shall not Covet,
Jealousy,
Wisdom,
Prudence,
Worship,
Free Will,
Fast Food,
"The Expendables" (Great Movie)
Mac Donald's
Veal anything,
fair compensation,
Free Market.
Name it, if it makes someone smile, and it is not taxed and regulated, they feel cheated. :lol:

:clap2:

:lol:

The old McVeigh analogy. It does not work for 2 reasons.
1. McVeigh was not a Christian as his actions were not following the teachings of Christ.
2. The radical Islamist were following the teachings of the Mohammad.

Ok, how many of the 1.5 BILLION Muslims are "radical Islamist"s? Seriously...what does those nuts who flew into the towers have to do with Muslims who want build that cultural center in New York? Seriously.

Are you going to stop Jews or Catholics from building where they want? They have just as much to do with the towers as the moderate Muslim.

Agree?

Every religion have extremists. I hate Phelps, but he has the right to do what he does. If he gets his ass kicked, so be it, but he has the right to have that dumb church....you know, god hates fags nonsense.

Unfortunately Islam teaches hate and martyrdom at a very early age, in state funded mosques.

Then if thats true, why wont these radical muslims...ALL 1.5 BILLION OF THEM...take over the world? There are enough of them to do it. Doncha think?

Here is a thought, there are a few extremists....just like with Christians (remember the nut who shot the abortion doc at a CHURCH...).

Extremists are wrong. It doesn't matter what religion they are from. The KKK bastardised Christianity to suit there needs to justify there means. Are all white Christians KKK members?

but i think there is a difference. thousands of people died on 9/11. they died at the hands of muslim extremists. now muslims want to build a mosque near that site.
MLK gave a speech about unity. nobody died. glenn beck had nothing to do with that day. if anything, he's going to echo mlk's message.

This country was founded on the freedom of religion. Remember the first amendment thingy?

The same rights that gives beck permission to spew his garbage is just as important as the freedom of religion.

THIS IS AMERICA! Here is how you can measure your patriotism, supporting a persons rights even if you disagree with them.

I hate Phelps and his god hates fags crap, but if he doesnt break any laws, so be it. If he gets his ass kicked in the process, GOOD.

Ok, how many of the 1.5 BILLION Muslims are "radical Islamist"s? Seriously...what does those nuts who flew into the towers have to do with Muslims who want build that cultural center in New York? Seriously.

Are you going to stop Jews or Catholics from building where they want? They have just as much to do with the towers as the moderate Muslim.

Agree?

Every religion have extremists. I hate Phelps, but he has the right to do what he does. If he gets his ass kicked, so be it, but he has the right to have that dumb church....you know, god hates fags nonsense.

Unfortunately Islam teaches hate and martyrdom at a very early age, in state funded mosques.

Then if thats true, why wont these radical muslims...ALL 1.5 BILLION OF THEM...take over the world? There are enough of them to do it. Doncha think?

Here is a thought, there are a few extremists....just like with Christians (remember the nut who shot the abortion doc at a CHURCH...).

Extremists are wrong. It doesn't matter what religion they are from. The KKK bastardised Christianity to suit there needs to justify there means. Are all white Christians KKK members?
you sure have implied such in the past
glad to see you realize just how fucking stupid you looked in doing so

This country was founded on the freedom of religion. Remember the first amendment thingy?

The same rights that gives beck permission to spew his garbage is just as important as the freedom of religion.

THIS IS AMERICA! Here is how you can measure your patriotism, supporting a persons rights even if you disagree with them.

I hate Phelps and his god hates fags crap, but if he doesnt break any laws, so be it. If he gets his ass kicked in the process, GOOD.

so if you oppose the mosque you're not a patriot?

so by your logic, we shouldn't oppose the mosque by asking them to move it, we should kick their asses. that's the american way, right?

Agree?

Yeah Right. Iran has no interest in attaining Nuclear Weapons. It's all about electricity. There have been many cult's in our history, World Conquest is plainly written in their mission statement. What really cracks me up is that all you self proclaimed experts on the left, are blind to the reality of the threat. You are in denial. Ask Them. They will plainly tell you the end game for them is the world being 100 percent Islamic. They see themselves superior to the rest of us with right's and privilege's that are denied to the rest of us. That is the part of Islam that needs reform, because anything less will result in crimes against the rest of us. There is no Justice or Equality under Their form of Totalitarian Rule. You could be on trial for your life, under their current system, and be denied the right to speak in court, you can be sentenced for a crime you did not commit and executed in the same day. No separation of Church and State, no voice, free speech, no Habeas Corpus. Where they dominate, you have no rights. There is no Majority rule that has any meaning to a dictator. Go ahead and encourage that behavior Zona. Reform is silly, right????? Let's just keep on going in reverse, less we offend right?????

Link or come back in here with your tail between your legs again.

i'm not going to search through all you posts to find
if you had an honest bone in your body you would admit it

so if you oppose the mosque you're not a patriot?

so by your logic, we shouldn't oppose the mosque by asking them to move it, we should kick their asses. that's the American way, right?

IF you believe in what this country was founded on....freedom of religion...then yes, You can gage your patriotism on standing up for the unpopular (because you dont like it this time) first amendment.

Absolutely.

Now, if someone decides to open ANOTHER strip bar or liquor store at that "sacred" area right next door to them....so be it. That is the American way.

FREEDOM OF RELIGION IS WHAT MADE THIS COUNTRY GREAT. If you are against that, you are not an Patriotic American. You are going against everything we stand for.

Again, I wouldn't have wanted to stand guard at a KKK rally, but I would have if the Military told me to. Would I enjoy seeing them getting their asses kicked on tv, that would be great. The people who did the kicking would have to face the consequences, but it would have been great to see...(selfish, I know.)

Last edited:

I'm not going to search through all you posts to find
if you had an honest bone in your body you would admit it

This is precious sweety..

You accused me of something....I say you are a liar....and you want me to "admit" to it and you have no proof. none...

Oh dear god this is hilarious. Its like playing with kittens in a barrel. Its just too easy.

Forum List

Back