Beck & Cordoba

Apparently, it's the anniversary of the "I have a dream speech"

It's rather funny, because the Family members of MLK I've seen speak out about it are in favor of it.

Yep.

Family members of MLK spoke in favor of it.......ON TV ON BECKS SHOW!!!!

Guess libs missed that one.

cuz they're a bunch of Uncle Toms.
And, obviously, you're a fucking idiot.
Point?
:cuckoo:

Okay, so it's the anniversary of Dr. King's speech.
I thought he was about equal rights for ALL races, so why would it be considered 'his' day?

I'm still not getting the correlation to Cordoba, though... :eusa_eh:

August 28 in History - Historical Events

August 28

Sunday 28, 2005:

A mandatory evacuation is ordered by New Orleans, Louisiana mayor Ray Nagin and Louisiana governor Kathleen Blanco as Hurricane Katrina moved nearer to Louisiana.
(guess this could be considered "their day" too?)

How about this one?
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Sunday 28, 1994:

First Japanese gay pride march.

Ooooh!!!
I know!!
It's THIS one:
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Wednesday 28, 1968:

Riots in Chicago, Illinois, during the Democratic National Convention

IOW, a buncha shit happened on August 28th.....
*shrug*

Yep.

Family members of MLK spoke in favor of it.......ON TV ON BECKS SHOW!!!!

Guess libs missed that one.

Point?

I thought he was about equal rights for ALL races, so why would it be considered 'his' day?

You don't see a comparison to what he's doing and what the opponents of the mosque at ground zero are supposedly doing? He's telling Beck not to do something (something he has the constitutional right to do) because it would be offensive to certain groups.

no correlation?

Point?

You don't see a comparison to what he's doing and what the opponents of the mosque at ground zero are supposedly doing? He's telling Beck not to do something (something he has the constitutional right to do) because it would be offensive to certain groups.

no correlation?
Okay!
*thumbs up*
Gotchya
Sorry. It's my day off and my brain wasn't prepared for such a stretch.
:cool:

Point?

no correlation?
Okay!
*thumbs up*
Gotchya

both are instances of someone saying " you shouldn't exercise your first amendment right at a particular location because some might find it offensive. do it somewhere(sometime) else"

i didn't think that was such a stretch, but if you say so, i bow to your superior intellect.

no correlation?
Okay!
*thumbs up*
Gotchya

both are instances of someone saying " you shouldn't exercise your first amendment right at a particular location because some might find it offensive. do it somewhere(sometime) else"

i didn't think that was such a stretch, but if you say so, i bow to your superior intellect.
That's okay. I'm used to it! :D
I don't totally understand the fervor about the mosque, either.
What/Where are we without our rights and freedoms?

A local bar, here, has on his marquee, "Build the mosque. We'll fly Saudi jets into it"

Okay!
*thumbs up*
Gotchya

A local bar, here, has on his marquee, "Build the mosque. We'll fly Saudi jets into it"

i don't think it's always about rights and freedoms. most aren't arguing they don't have the right to build it. just because you have the right to do something, doesn't mean you should do it.

What is the significance of Aug. 28?

It's rather funny, because the Family members of MLK I've seen speak out about it are in favor of it.

Not 'MEMBERS'...one pro life woman.

I didnt write it...

"Alveda King and Stephen Broden do a great disservice to the memory and legacy of her revered uncle, Dr. King’s great memory and legacy, by allowing themselves to be used by the (racist) demonic forces at Fox Propaganda. Dr. King would NEVER have linked arms and marched with the mad klan murderer/bomber, Bobby Cherry, right after his bombing of the 16th Street Baptist Church, without Cherry’s having made a very public, serious, penitent, show of contrition. Nor would Dr. King have embraced Bull Conner right after he had ordered the dogs and beatings of peaceful Civil Rights marchers, without Conner’s having somehow conveyed his serious transformation. Beck (and his ilk) are not repentant; they hate president Obama (and minority people in general) just as much today as they did when they first embarked on their campaign of divisiveness and white power promulgation. Shame on Alveda and Stephen for selling out to Satan!"

Point?

no correlation?

It makes him as much a hypocrite as anyone who says the mosque shouldn't be built but who attend this beck thing.

He has the right to do this, he should. Just like this moques should be built. This country was founded on freedom of religion...and freedom of speech is just as important.

I know I am not helping the righty's point here, but if Beck should be allowed to do this while insulting people, that mosques should be built as well.

Agree?

i don't think it's always about rights and freedoms. most aren't arguing they don't have the right to build it. just because you have the right to do something, doesn't mean you should do it.

Are you going to try to shut down the one built 4 blocks away? Are you going to try to shut down the church at GZ? What about the churches near McVeigh's act of terrorism? He was christian you know, dont you?

What is the significance of Aug. 28?

Not 'MEMBERS'...one pro life woman.

I didnt write it...

"Alveda King and Stephen Broden do a great disservice to the memory and legacy of her revered uncle, Dr. King’s great memory and legacy, by allowing themselves to be used by the (racist) demonic forces at Fox Propaganda. Dr. King would NEVER have linked arms and marched with the mad klan murderer/bomber, Bobby Cherry, right after his bombing of the 16th Street Baptist Church, without Cherry’s having made a very public, serious, penitent, show of contrition. Nor would Dr. King have embraced Bull Conner right after he had ordered the dogs and beatings of peaceful Civil Rights marchers, without Conner’s having somehow conveyed his serious transformation. Beck (and his ilk) are not repentant; they hate president Obama (and minority people in general) just as much today as they did when they first embarked on their campaign of divisiveness and white power promulgation. Shame on Alveda and Stephen for selling out to Satan!"
if YOU didnt write it, where is the source link?

No one "owns" that day. Beck has every right to speak...silly for some people to think otherwise.

Of course it's silly for anyone to think that.

In fact, I think MLK would join Beck there if he was alive. We need to restore integrity to this nation.

That has to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen posted in here...ever...

Unless of course you are joking. If so, thats funny right there....

No one "owns" that day. Beck has every right to speak...silly for some people to think otherwise.

In fact, I think MLK would join Beck there if he was alive. We need to restore integrity to this nation.

liar
you have posted MUCH dumber stuff than that

hint: how many troops do we have in Vietnam right now?

Are you going to try to shut down the one built 4 blocks away? Are you going to try to shut down the church at GZ? What about the churches near McVeigh's act of terrorism? He was christian you know, dont you?

Plan to rebuild Greek Orthodox church at ground zero remains puzzle to R.I., N.Y. clergy | Rhode Island news | projo.com | The Providence Journal

They're not seeing as much progress as the mosque. That's for sure.....
:eusa_eh:

Greek Orthodox Christians here and in New York say they are puzzled as to why there has been so little progress in the rebuilding of yet another house of worship. St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, a tiny, four-story building that had been located directly in front of the second tower, at 155 Cedar St. was destroyed in the collapse of the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. It has yet to be rebuilt, even though there had been assurances as late as two years ago that the church would have the Port Authority’s permission to erect a new slightly larger structure at 130 Liberty St., about 100 yards from the original one.

You obviously don't read any of your posts.

No im not joking. Why on earth would MLK be upset about a rally to restore honor among Americans? Why would he be opposed to Americans focusing on character rather than race?

wow, another lie by zona

wow, another lie by zona

You know what, I was wrong...he wasnt christian, he was catholic. My bad.

liar
you have posted MUCH dumber stuff than that

hint: how many troops do we have in Vietnam right now?

YOu tell me, I asked the question.

Forum List

Back