Because Rick Perry Did, Texans Can

LAfrique

VIP Member
May 16, 2011
Republicans are known to be strongly against stem cell technology. But sometime in 2011, governor Rick Perry received stem cell therapy for his health problems. And because Rick Perry received stem cell therapy, the Texas Medical Board ruled stem cell therapy constitutes a medical emergency under Rick Perry law. Thus, Texans can now also receive stem cell therapy - Texas board approves controversial stem-cell therapy - Houston Chronicle

Republicans are known to be strongly against stem cell technology. But sometime in 2011, governor Rick Perry received stem cell therapy for his health problems. And because Rick Perry received stem cell therapy, the Texas Medical Board ruled stem cell therapy constitutes a medical emergency under Rick Perry law. Thus, Texans can now also receive stem cell therapy - Texas board approves controversial stem-cell therapy - Houston Chronicle
LAfrique, some of us Republicans fought tooth and nail in favor of not only stem-cell therapy but also for putting applications at the discretion of highly reputable scientists who would not anger the public.

We win what we can when the good of the people is at stake. Perhaps Gov. Perry was like me, he believed in it, took flak for it, and then allowed the majority to have its say. I believe his post therapy pharmacology care may have caused him communication issues that he didn't have before or after his back surgery for the egregious and dangerous situation he had in his body. Perhaps stem cell researchers found ways that would not ignite religious angst with augmentative technologies that would enable acceptable stem-cell surgeries.

For example, I believe rightful conception is natural and not unnatural, but I am not about to hammer someone who goes about getting a child with their own cells in an agar medium or whatever is needed to get human gametes to unite. And I'm going to accept that child as fully human and fully worthy of inclusion into the human family with all its privileges.

I also believe that cells united in the same medium may be used to benefit people, so long as tissue harvests do not include killing a child in its mother's womb.

The mommie's womb. That's where I get issues about taking life and destroying it.

Using protection correctly works to prevent cell uniting.

But that's where I have another issue: promiscuity outside of marriage is not a wonderful idea, especially if one of the partners has children with somebody else, and the affair could be discovered and destroy a young family that has the task of raising children to consider.

Fidelity is important in living to give children a good sense of security and inclusion into a family. Without it, society based on equality in marriage partnership disintegrates.

But who listens to older ladies who have spent their lives giving to others when possible? ;)

Last edited:

L'Afrique, some of us Republicans fought tooth and nail in favor of not only stem-cell therapy but also for putting applications at the discretion of highly reputable scientists who would not anger the public.

We win what we can when the good of the people is at stake. Perhaps Gov. Perry was like me, he believed in it, took flak for it, and then allowed the majority to have its say. I believe his post therapy pharmacology care may have caused him communication issues that he didn't have before or after his back surgery for the egregious and dangerous situation he had in his body. Perhaps stem cell researchers found ways that would not ignite religious angst with augmentative technologies that would enable acceptable stem-cell surgeries.

For example, I believe rightful conception is natural and not unnatural, but I am not about to hammer someone who goes about getting a child with their own cells in an agar medium or whatever is needed to get human gametes to unite. And I'm going to accept that child as fully human and fully worthy of inclusion into the human family with all its privileges.

I also believe that cells united in the same medium may be used to benefit people, so long as tissue harvests do not include killing a child in its mother's womb.

The mommie's womb. That's where I get issues about taking life and destroying it.

Using protection correctly works to prevent cell uniting.

But that's where I have another issue: promiscuity outside of marriage is not a wonderful idea, especially if one of the partners has children with somebody else, and the affair could be discovered and destroy a young family that has the task of raising children to consider.

Fidelity is important in living to give children a good sense of security and inclusion into a family. Without it, society based on equality in marriage partnership disintegrates.

But who listens to older ladies who have spent their lives giving to others when possible? ;)

I agree that destroying fetus for profit is wrong and inhumane. However, adult stem cell is an option, and embryonic stem cell (the most gainful), with advance technology, does not have to involve destruction of fetus.

Anyway, while Rick Perry, like Barack Obama, appears an opportunist, I think circumstances simply got Perry to a position where he eventually realized his partisan views are not always Gospel truth: I have always said that it is almost impossible to be human with any level of commonsense and belong to any political party with stern ideologies, seeing any true human knows circumstances can be so unique that one would be compelled to bend a certain held view to the right or to the left in order to properly address a situation.

Forum List

Back