BECAUSE of this latest "ban guns bandwagon"....

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I'm going to buy a GUN!
I live in a concealed carry state and what with all these nut jobs killing kids, I want to be ready!
I mean does ANYONE here or for that matter here in America NOT carry a cell phone now?

Between a "cell phone" and a "gun" which one would stop a killer like Lanza? Or for that matter the some
516 HOMICIDES IN CHICAGO AS OF Dec. 16, 2012 most from guns!
For three decades, Chicago banned all handguns. The crime rate skyrocketed. Murders soared. Gangs proliferated. Desperate city officials even considered calling the National Guard to combat out-of-control violence. The Supreme Court struck down Chicago’s individual firearms ownership prohibition in 2010, but the city’s liberal elite rewrote the law and the city still has among the strictest gun control laws in the country. How’s it working out?

So tell me which would make me safer,, Cell phone or gun???

Yep, saw a story on the news of a local gun store, they broke all records for sales yesterday and were on track to do even better today. The more the left talks about banning guns the more will be sold, what the hell, it's good for the economy. I already have all the guns I need and a CHL, so I'm set.

Isn't that something???

And frankly it isn't just because of this recent incident... but some people want to be prepared.. again I'm not a "prepper" but just simply come to the conclusion I will feel a whole lot safer! I've been held up twice at gun point and fortunately for me the guys were "pros"! Were calm and didn't get excited and happened before I knew it and carrying a gun wouldn't have helped at that point! But there are instances where if one of those teachers had been allowed.. some kids would be alive today!

In his book, Frontier Violence: Another Look, author W. Eugene Hollon, provides us with these astonishing facts:

In Abilene, Ellsworth, Wichita, Dodge City, and Caldwell, for the years from 1870 to 1885, there were only 45 total homicides.
This equates to a rate of approximately 1 murder per 100,000 residents per year.

In Abilene, supposedly one of the wildest of the cow towns, not a single person was killed in 1869 or 1870.

Zooming forward over a century to 2007, a quick look at Uniform Crime Report statistics as shown in Table 6,
shows the following regarding the aforementioned gun control “paradise” cities of the east and our home town:

DC – 183 Murders (31 per 100,000 residents)
New York – 496 Murders (6 per 100,000 residents)
Baltimore – 282 Murders (45 per 100,000 residents)
Newark – 104 Murders (37 per 100,000 residents)
San Antonio - 122 Murders (9.3 per 100,000 residents)

It doesn’t take an advanced degree in statistics to see that a return to “wild west” levels of violent crime would be a huge improvement for the residents of these cities.
Death Toll in the Old West from firearms vs the unarmed East

I'm going to buy a GUN!
I live in a concealed carry state and what with all these nut jobs killing kids, I want to be ready!
I mean does ANYONE here or for that matter here in America NOT carry a cell phone now?

Between a "cell phone" and a "gun" which one would stop a killer like Lanza? Or for that matter the some
For three decades, Chicago banned all handguns. The crime rate skyrocketed. Murders soared. Gangs proliferated. Desperate city officials even considered calling the National Guard to combat out-of-control violence. The Supreme Court struck down Chicago’s individual firearms ownership prohibition in 2010, but the city’s liberal elite rewrote the law and the city still has among the strictest gun control laws in the country. How’s it working out?

The real solution would be to to move to Windsor Ontario - across the river from Detroit.

Its 1/4 the size of Detoit and went 26 months without one reported homicide - while Detroit averages one daily.

Windsor has it share of "nut jobs" - but what it doesn't have are the Sig Sauers, Glocks and Bushmaster .223 M4 carbines.

Last edited:
I'm going to buy a GUN!

You don't live in Illinois?

Congrats. :thup:

Forum List

Back