Because of Obamacare's Small Business Requirements I Can NOT KEEP MY DOCTOR!

You lied to me Obama, you just flat out lied.

Because of Obamacare my employer has to put us into a different insurance situation in order to be in compliance with the law and cover everyone, even those WHO DON'T WANT TO BUY IT (yeah 2 of my co workers are pissed off, they don't want health insurance because they are young and dumb enough to think they can't get sick).

So the new insurance is not accepted by my doctor and I can no longer keep my plan, I have to switch.....Obama what did you promise me?

Obama You can keep your doctor - YouTube

LIE

President Obama says If you like your Doctor You can Keep Your Doctor - YouTube

MORE LIES

When did Obama promise your doctor would accept all insurance plans?
When did Obama promise that employers would not be allowed to switch insurance carriers?

Before Obama, if an employer chose to switch insurance carriers, did people get to always go to the same doctors?

You're free to pay the doctor of your choosing for the services you want from him. Why don't you stop your whining, take some personal responsibility in your life, and either pay the doctor out of your pocket or find a new job that has the insurance you want.

You're kidding, right? Obama promises that if you like your doctor you'll be able to keep your doctor and then puts in place a program that makes that impossible...and you blame this person for "whining"?

The truth is...Obama knew all along that this was going to happen and he got up on stage and LIED to the American people repeatedly in order to get ObamaCare passed.

And every time someone pointed out that what he was saying was a fairy tale...they were accused of being a racist.

Stop whining? Stop fucking lying!!!

Because of Obamacare my employer has to put us into a different insurance situation in order to be in compliance with the law and cover everyone, even those WHO DON'T WANT TO BUY IT (yeah 2 of my co workers are pissed off, they don't want health insurance because they are young and dumb enough to think they can't get sick).

So the new insurance is not accepted by my doctor and I can no longer keep my plan, I have to switch.....Obama what did you promise me?

LIE

MORE LIES

When did Obama promise your doctor would accept all insurance plans?
When did Obama promise that employers would not be allowed to switch insurance carriers?

Before Obama, if an employer chose to switch insurance carriers, did people get to always go to the same doctors?

You're free to pay the doctor of your choosing for the services you want from him. Why don't you stop your whining, take some personal responsibility in your life, and either pay the doctor out of your pocket or find a new job that has the insurance you want.

You're kidding, right? Obama promises that if you like your doctor you'll be able to keep your doctor and then puts in place a program that makes that impossible...and you blame this person for "whining"?

The truth is...Obama knew all along that this was going to happen and he got up on stage and LIED to the American people repeatedly in order to get ObamaCare passed.

And every time someone pointed out that what he was saying was a fairy tale...they were accused of being a racist.

Stop whining? Stop fucking lying!!!

This is surreal.

Obama's supporters' best defense of him is that Obama doesn't lie -- he just doesn't mean what it sounds like he is saying.

Oh, I'm quite sure that we'll all be told any day now that the reason we can't keep our present insurance plan or doctor is because of something either George W. Bush did or the GOP controlled House of Representatives did.

Oh, I'm quite sure that we'll all be told any day now that the reason we can't keep our present insurance plan or doctor is because of something either George W. Bush did or the GOP controlled House of Representatives did.

That's already been said.

It's the Republican's fault we don't have single payer now. If we had single payer then PP could have kept his doctor.

Bad bad Republicans.

LIE

MORE LIES

1. I don't believe you.

a. If true, you can still see your doctor, simply pay for it yourself.

2. My HMO hasn't changed anything.

3. "Obamacare has not been fully implemented (which is why I don't believe you.

1. I don't care if you do or don't.

a. sorry i can't do that as the group insurance my employer was using is the only type this doctor was taking.

2. I'm glad that you haven't been negatively affected, you are lucky

3. I know it hasn't but it has been slowly rolling out and this part is kicking in for everyone now.

So private doctors should be made to accept all insurance?
Or should employers be made to provide ins that all doctors accept?

I have been put in the same position as the Opening post when an employer changed ins policies to reduce costs. Long before the ACA was enacted.

I say no to both questions, at least on a federal law level.

Obamacare makes the Group rates available to individuals seeking their own insurance.

That means that instead of taking the insurance plan that your company switches to, you can keep the insurance plan you're on, that your doctor DOES accept, and pay for it as an individual.

So far I have not read in this thread one thing. The reason why the switch occurred was because there were two young individuals who did not have health insurance. From the sounds of it they did not want health insurance. This situation won't happen under ObamaCare as they will eventually get sick and we all end up paying for it. So in this example, ObamaCare has done exactly what one main focus of the act is meant to do. That is make sure that everyone (or near everyone) is covered so we don't get forked with the bill.

While having to switch doctors is not good, I am pleased to see that this is another example of ObamaCare working as planned.

Michael

That's already been said.

It's the Republican's fault we don't have single payer now. If we had single payer then PP could have kept his doctor.

Bad bad Republicans.

I agree. It's time to vote this useless, deadbeat GOP congress out of office this November!

Michael

Obamacare makes the Group rates available to individuals seeking their own insurance.

That means that instead of taking the insurance plan that your company switches to, you can keep the insurance plan you're on, that your doctor DOES accept, and pay for it as an individual.

Actually it doesn't mean that at all. I still have to switch plans and my doctor doesn't take the individual plan from the same insurance company he only takes the group plan people as he gets paid more that way. Sorry it just doesn't work the way you think.

We need simple single payor insurance.

If we all had the same ins doctors would have to accept the insurance.

What other things do you want to force Americans into a single solution?

Think liberals would be in favor of a single solution on "reproductive rights"? Instead of gubmint paying for your birth control or abortions, we can just sterilize them. One size fits all! Yeah, that's the ticket!

LIE

MORE LIES

BY the way this kicked in this week for everyone. So to all you naysayers out there saying I was full of it before kiss my ass. My boss was good enough to give me the time to look well before this went into effect this week!

You will see many news reports of employers taking their employees off their insurance and giving them the money instead to buy it on their own as a result of the President's health care bill, aka Obamacare, in the coming weeks.
Either you are still full of shit or your shitty boss is a liar. There is nothing in the law that requires your boss to change insurance providers. Either he is lying to you or you are lying to us. I challenge you or your boss to cite the law exactly.

Fact Sheet: Keeping the Health Plan You Have: The Affordable Care Act and ?Grandfathered? Health Plans

During the health reform debate, President Obama made clear to Americans that “if you like your health plan, you can keep it.” He emphasized that there is nothing in the new law that would force them to change plans or doctors. Today, the Departments of Health and Human Services, Labor, and Treasury issued a new regulation for health coverage in place on March 23, 2010 that makes good on that promise by:

Protecting the ability of individuals and businesses to keep their current plan;
Providing important consumer protections that give Americans – rather than insurance companies – control over their own health care.
Providing stability and flexibility to insurers and businesses that offer insurance coverage as the nation transitions to a more competitive marketplace in 2014 where businesses and consumers will have more affordable choices through Exchanges.
The rule announced today preserves the ability of the American people to keep their current plan if they like it, while providing new benefits, by minimizing market disruption and putting us on a glide path toward the competitive, patient-centered market of the future. While it requires all health plans to provide important new benefits to consumers, it allows plans that existed on March 23, 2010 to innovate and contain costs by allowing insurers and employers to make routine changes without losing grandfather status. Plans will lose their “grandfather” status if they choose to significantly cut benefits or increase out-of-pocket spending for consumers – and consumers in plans that make such changes will gain new consumer protections.

Most of the 133 million Americans with employer-sponsored health insurance through large employers will maintain the coverage they have today. Large employer-based plans already offer most of the comprehensive benefits and consumer protections that the Affordable Care Act will provide to all Americans this year – such as preventing lifetime limits on coverage – and in the future.

People who work in smaller firms – which change insurers more often due to annual fluctuations in premiums – and people who purchase their own insurance in the individual market– a group that frequently changes coverage – will enjoy all of the benefits of the Affordable Care Act when they choose a new plan. These Americans also will benefit from the new competitive Exchanges that will be established in 2014 to offer individuals and workers in small businesses with greater choice of plans at more affordable rates – the same choice of plans as members of Congress.

Protecting Patients’ Rights in All Plans

All health plans – whether or not they are grandfathered plans – must provide certain benefits to their customers for plan years starting on or after September 23, 2010 including:

No lifetime limits on coverage for all plans;
No rescissions of coverage when people get sick and have previously made an unintentional mistake on their application;
Extension of parents’ coverage to young adults under 26 years old; and the
For the vast majority of Americans who get their health insurance through employers, additional benefits will be offered, irrespective of whether their plan is grandfathered, including:

No coverage exclusions for children with pre-existing conditions; and
No “restricted” annual limits (e.g., annual dollar-amount limits on coverage below standards to be set in future regulations).

Actually it doesn't mean that at all. I still have to switch plans and my doctor doesn't take the individual plan from the same insurance company he only takes the group plan people as he gets paid more that way. Sorry it just doesn't work the way you think.
Still waiting for you to post the part of the law that shows that you or your boss are not lying.

Actually, your Doctor is then the one being a tool, not Obamacare.

Forum List

Back