Because early detection is just plain stupid!!!

From the article
The probability of dying of breast cancer after age 40 is 3 percent, they calculate. Getting a mammogram every other year from ages 50 to 69 lowers that risk by about 16 percent.

"It's an average of five lives saved per thousand women screened," said Georgetown University researcher Dr. Jeanne Mandelblatt.

Starting at age 40 would prevent one additional death but also lead to 470 false alarms for every 1,000 women screened. Continuing mammograms through age 79 prevents three additional deaths but raises the number of women treated for breast cancers that would not threaten their lives.

Its all a part of our insurance companies only have soo much money to spend on tests and they're trying to save lives most efficiently or not lose money.

Hmmmm, searching for an analogy.....
1st day my knee hurt they gave me ibuprofen
a week later an x-ray
after that didn't work the more expensive MRI.
Certainly the MRI would have shown a problem on the 1st day, but was it cost efficient?

Not that I agree or disagree with the new guidelines yet. Still forming an opinion.

Well you don't expect the medical or insurance industry to reduce costs do ya?
Prescription drug costs went up 9% in the past year.

How are we ever going to have a recovery if we don't pay more for less?

Well you don't expect the medical or insurance industry to reduce costs do ya?
Prescription drug costs went up 9% in the past year.

How are we ever going to have a recovery if we don't pay more for less?

I expect the promises made to be kept... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

They DID promise to bring costs down...and even before it's actually passed into law, they are already finding ways to cut costs. But it just seems VERY irresponsible to advise women to just blow off any ideas of taking care of themselves.

Are they seriously encouraging women to even abandon self exams? Honestly??? I have 3 relatives who all got their diagnosis because they did a self exam and went to the doctor. By the way, only ONE of them was in her 50's. The others were in their 40's. This is just BAD advice.

But get ready....if this BS passes the senate, there will be TONS more bad advice to come.

Our govt is owned by various big businesses. We are only here to make them profit.
It is the American way.

How else can a 70+% consumer spending based economy work?

New Topics

Forum List

Back