beautress is back and she's older than dirt!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by beautress, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Carolinia Agresticia; the Forest Primeval
    Ratings:
    +47,422
    Yabbut remember --- Marie is only six years old. :D

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  2. Lucy Hamilton

Lucy Hamilton Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,916
    I last have contact with Marion September 14 and I have sent two messages to Marion one on Friday before the Monday we had before today Monday and one on Tuesday that we had before tomorrow and no response two times, on September 14 when we communicated he did not mention that he was going to be absent for several weeks, so I hope he is okay but I have been concerned about him since September 16.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. yiostheoy

yiostheoy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,151
    Nice avatar at least !!

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. beautress

beautress Northern Saw-whet Owl Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,638
    Wow. Some people have animal magnetism. My mother and daughter had it. Skipped my generation. *sigh* When my daughter was just 9 years old, we moved to Oregon, had a big place in the country. I saw her sitting a distance away from the house in the field, and a baby rabbit went hop, hop, hopping up to her and jumped in her lap. She was just sitting there. That animal knew it could approach her with zero fear of harm. You people with animal magnetism are just magic, that's all. If I get out of the way, that's when the birds are willing to go to the feeder. I watch them from behind the curtains and blinds. I have no magic, head to toe.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,856
    :lol::lol:

We do the same thing and we've got about 10 now that feed here off and on...

But we got ourselves in even deeper....

We now feed about 15 to 25 deer that stop by every day now, to get some deer corn and sunflower seed and apples.... the apples come from our wild apple trees in the yard so it brings a lot of deer this time of year because they are ripe, and falling, or Matt knocks them down with a long aluminum gutter that we had left over when we added new gutters.

Before the apples were ripe, we were feeding almost 10 deer, a couple of mothers with 1 fawn each and one doe that has 2 fawns and a couple of does or a couple of years old that always travel together and a couple of stragglers...loners that we can identify by the color their faces are....

the last time we were at our favorite beach, we harvested a whole bunch of apples from the wild apple tree we sit under for shade, when we go there....

someone just gave Matthew a whole bunch of pears from her pear tree..... not perfect shaped, that's for certain, but they taste delicious and I kept some for myself but fed the rest to the deer and they love pears! Who would have thunk it?

I have to be real careful with the food... judge the amount just right to make certain they eat everything before the night is over because if not, then the Black bear come....! :eek:

6. Care4all

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,856
    Welcome back FreedomBecki! Sorry to hear about your hubby passing! :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. beautress

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,638
    Hi, Care4all. Thanks for the welcome back and condolences. I am so lucky to have been married to him. In addition to being one of the best mathematicians to carry a PE behind his name, he was also a classy comedian each and every minute of the day for 44 years. So instead of crying, every time I think of something he said or did, it's still funny and my small conundrum is whether to cry or laugh... I choose to laugh. He would like to be remembered that way and not the other. :huddle:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. Care4all

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,856
    Thank you! I'll have to remember that, if I lose my hubby, before he loses me! Smile when he's thought of, don't cry!

hugs back at ya! :huddle:

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Lumpy 1

Lumpy 1 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,809
    I'm glad that you choose to laugh, I would hope that my wife and family would remember me that way, that and the fact that my chosen purpose in life was their happiness.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. beautress

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,638
    Something tells me your loved ones will remember you with loving hearts. :angel: (whatever happened to that cute little haloed angel in the USMB smilies?)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1