Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
Duluth Minnesota

320488280_01250df9b1_o_d.jpg

Duluth Minnesota

th

Hilo, Hawaii and yes I have been there and wish to go back!!!

What part of the island do you like ? I stayed at the coolest hotel where we had to take a boat to our room, and swim with the dolphins for our honeymoon....

I liked Hilo even though it rained most of the time. One day when I woke one morning and took a walk I saw the mountain and it was beautiful. I actually have pics of the trip on my facebook page, and enjoyed it.

Took a day trip to Kona, and then went to the Volcano and had to leave because of my lung problems.

I didn't surf like I wanted to nor did I get to take a Helicopter ride around the Island, but I did walk a good amount of it and loved it.

The locals were great, and the food was wonderful.

First place where I tasted Kona beer but just stop drinking and will miss that...

If and when I retire Hilo is where I will live until I die...

Duluth Minnesota

th

What part of the island do you like ? I stayed at the coolest hotel where we had to take a boat to our room, and swim with the dolphins for our honeymoon....

I liked Hilo even though it rained most of the time. One day when I woke one morning and took a walk I saw the mountain and it was beautiful. I actually have pics of the trip on my facebook page, and enjoyed it.

Took a day trip to Kona, and then went to the Volcano and had to leave because of my lung problems.

I didn't surf like I wanted to nor did I get to take a Helicopter ride around the Island, but I did walk a good amount of it and loved it.

First place where I tasted Kona beer but just stop drinking and will miss that...

Have you been in Kauai? I was married on a cliff there .. Too hot for me now..

Another one of my favorite places to visit is Newport, RI, the cliff walk.

Here is part of it. It is a 3-1/2 mile walk one way. As you can see, there are mansions on one side and the ocean on the other. It is lovely! :) I would recommend it to anyone who visits New England.

cliff_walk_3.jpg

Duluth Minnesota

th

Just flew into Honolulu and then took a hopper over to Hilo. I did not even leave the airport when I landed in Honolulu, so I never went to Kauai or any other Islands except the Big one and Oahu ( Honolulu )...

Here is part of it. It is a 3-1/2 mile walk one way. As you can see, there are mansions on one side and the ocean on the other. It is lovely! :) I would recommend it to anyone who visits New England.

cliff_walk_3.jpg

I heard that there is a cruise that goes up the east coast in the fall. I want to do that.

Is New England humid?

cliff_walk_3.jpg

I heard that there is a cruise that goes up the east coast in the fall. I want to do that.

Is New England humid?

Yes, we have very high humidity index in the summertime. We get the freezing cold in the winter and super hot in the summer. Oy. :rolleyes-41: You do get all four seasons though, so there is a plus. Of course, we have cooler days and then hotter days with more humidity like anyplace else, but yes we get our fair share of humidity around here.

Duluth Minnesota

th

Just flew into Honolulu and then took a hopper over to Hilo. I did not even leave the airport when I landed in Honolulu, so I never went to Kauai or any other Islands except the Big one and Oahu ( Honolulu )...

Kauai is the oldest island so it is more lush and green .. I personally like green, hubs likes rocks.

The south of Kauai is hot, north more rain..

BTW the island hoppers scare the shit out of me..:tongue:

Are you looking online at the homes on the big Island>> I love this site.... Trulia

Last edited:
th

Kauai is the oldest island so it is more lush and green .. I personally like green, hubs likes rocks.

The south of Kauai is hot, north more ran..

BTW this island hoppers scare the shit out of me..:tongue:

Are you looking online at the homes on the big Island>> I love this site.... Trulia

I would love to visit Hawaii one day. My grandmother went, and she loved it!

cliff_walk_3.jpg

Is New England humid?

Yes, we have very high humidity index in the summertime. We get the freezing cold in the winter and super hot in the summer. Oy. :rolleyes-41: You do get all four seasons though, so there is a plus. Of course, we have cooler days and then hotter days with more humidity like anyplace else, but yes we get our fair share of humidity around here.

Yes your right, my sister hates cold too.... I miss the 4 seasons so much. In California it is Hot/ Cold ..
I sleep with my windows open in the winter...lol...

Do you have a accent? My boys make fun of some of my words, they are California city boys..lol

Forum List

Back