Beating The Liberal Education Industry

Religion the enemy of information. Why has it not stood trial to the crimes it has produced through influence and encouraging the harming of other humans to uphold some ideology? It's time to shed these superstitions so we can progress and grow up as a species.

Gads, you're an imbecile....
It is the ideology that you support that has murdered over 100 million.

"…professor Rudolph J. Rummel of the University of Hawaii documented this tragedy in his book "Death by Government: Genocide and Mass Murder Since 1900." Some of the statistics found in the book have been updated here. [revised upward. I have changed that for Mao's famine, 1958-1962, from zero to 38,000,000. And thus I have had to change the overall democide for the PRC (1928-1987) from 38,702,000 to 76,702,000. Details here.

I have changed my estimate for colonial democide from 870,000 to an additional 50,000,000. Details here.

Thus, the new world total: old total 1900-1999 = 174,000,000. New World total = 174,000,000 + 38,000,000 (new for China) + 50,000,000 (new for Colonies) = 262,000,000.

Just to give perspective on this incredible murder by government, if all these bodies were laid head to toe, with the average height being 5', then they would circle the earth ten times. Also, this democide murdered 6 times more people than died in combat in all the foreign and internal wars of the century. Finally, given popular estimates of the dead in a major nuclear war, this total democide is as though such a war did occur, but with its dead spread over a century.] Freedom, Democide, War: Home Page

I figure that when you go, it will raise the earth's average IQ......

Are you possible the dumbest SOB allowed to have access to a computer? Read the link! Those are Florida's standards. They are not Common Core which was intended to prove to your dumb ass that Common Core does not cover social studies!

My God, I hope your children took back after the other parent!
It is against the message board rules to flame, troll, or insult my children. That show what a lowlife slob you are.

I am discussing the facts of califirnia with california textbooks, I have facts in hand. You search google, link to a dotcom (.com) site which addresses florida's adoption of common core. You do not recognize this and you think what florida has done dissproves what california is doing.

Your random grasping at google straws shows you are ignorant of what you are involved in discussing.

Florida's State Standard is the implemtation of Common Core. You have proven my statement true and you to be the dumbest sob slob posting in this forum.
florida common core law - Google Search

I didn't insult your children. You did!

Where is your proof that those nice photos of textbook covers has anything to do with Common Core? I keep asking and you keep failing to provide it because you know it is a lie!

I showed you Florida's standards to prove one more time that social studies in NOT a part of Common Core but the Founding Fathers are taught. You failed to recognize either of those facts.

How about if I compliment your children? Would that be OK?

Let's put them on this message board because I am sure they could do a much better job of discussing the topic than someone who closes their eyes, putts their hands over their ears, and screams, "La la la la la, I can't hear you!" at the top of their lungs when they post bullshit!

Here it is in black and white, from YOUR link!

"Common Core is math, language arts and literacy standards fully adopted by 44 states and the District of Columbia."

Do you see the words "social studies" or "science" anywhere in that statement?

I want this question answered or I want you to apologize for your ignorance and stop posting bullshit!
Republican calls algebra "fuzzy math" for using letters with numbers.

Even thought it's hilarious when Republicans mock "liberal education", it's also quite pitiful.

There's a reason that 90% of the population uses public schools as the parents have to fucking work. They both have to work today and everyday as the rich take nearly everything and spit out a few scraps! I'd bet even joining a union and demanding better is part of that book banning list and is a no go to you conservatives...So hell, I guess homeschool is just a bad idea.

Home schooling is also retarded because most parents don't have the education to truly push their kids to the same level an private or public school could. Do you realize there's dozens of teachers with degrees in different areas, while most parents simply don't have this experience. Think people.
You know how republicans claim the liberals control the media and education system? I have to say they are doing a horrible job. If it were true the education system is run by the liberals I am very disappointed in them. They got one job and that would be to teach kids how important it is to vote. But do our teachers teach this? If they do why do so few 18-29 year olds vote?

I’m almost glad college costs have gone up for these young dummies. If they don’t vote they don’t matter

And if parents vote gop they deserve the public education they are going to get. Rich neighborhoods will do better poor communities will take cuts. Who votes?

"65% of Public School 8th Graders Not Proficient in Reading; 67% Not Proficient in Math"
65% of Public School 8th Graders Not Proficient in Reading; 67% Not Proficient in Math

How long must Liberals be permitted to destroy what was once a superior education system?????
Same percent of kids in charter schools are dumbasses too. And my nephew goes to the most expensive private school in the state. Guess what? If the kid doesn't want to challenge himself, they'll take your money and pass him just like a public school will. Sucker.

"65% of Public School 8th Graders Not Proficient in Reading; 67% Not Proficient in Math"
65% of Public School 8th Graders Not Proficient in Reading; 67% Not Proficient in Math

How long must Liberals be permitted to destroy what was once a superior education system?????
Same percent of kids in charter schools are dumbasses too. And my nephew goes to the most expensive private school in the state. Guess what? If the kid doesn't want to challenge himself, they'll take your money and pass him just like a public school will. Sucker.

So the answer is that you'll continue making excuses for these folks:

"The California Federation of Teachers (CFT) passed a resolution at its most recent convention claiming that “the continued unjust incarceration of Mumia Abu-Jamal represents a threat to the civil rights of all people.” Thirty years ago, Abu-Jamal took away Philadelphia policeman Daniel Faulkner’s foremost civil right: his life. How obtuse of the CFT to disregard “the threat to the civil rights of all people” represented by someone capable of gunning down a man tasked with protecting the public.

The pantheon of leftist saints includes the Haymarket Square bombers, responsible for the deaths of eight Chicago cops, Joe Hill, murderer of former police officer John Morrison in Salt Lake City, Huey Newton, murderer of Oakland policeman John Frey, and Leonard Peltier, murderer of FBI agents Jack Coler and Ronald Williams. Notice a pattern?"
Teachers' Mumia Abu-Jamal Resolution Out of Sync Morally and Historically | Human Events

Let's call it what it is.....the Indoctrination System.

I wonder if my grandkids having to say the pledge every darn day is indoctrination? Why every day?
Never fear Hollywood, NBC, CBS ABC will take over the job of Brainwashing them into good Progressive Kids, and Geo Soros will aid in the drug dept with open boarders. Never worry the Pimps will help your females of the family.

I wonder if my grandkids having to say the pledge every darn day is indoctrination? Why every day?
Never fear Hollywood, NBC, CBS ABC will take over the job of Brainwashing them into good Progressive Kids, and Geo Soros will aid in the drug dept with open boarders. Never worry the Pimps will help your females of the family.

The Left certainly works day and night to destroy the culture....and the people.

The Left certainly works day and night to destroy the culture....and the people.[/QUOTE

Palestinians are SOL, shit out of luck. Palestinians could have lead poisoning from drinking Flint River water.
l
Pa

Palestinians could have lead poisoning from drinking Flint River water. Wolverines are bat shit crazy.

Calling it an 'education' industry is like calling ObamaCare 'affordable.'

It's the 'Indoctrination Industry' and entirely owned and operated by Liberalism, Inc.

1.Case in point:
"The California Federation of Teachers (CFT) passed a resolution at its most recent convention claiming that “the continued unjust incarceration of Mumia Abu-Jamal represents a threat to the civil rights of all people.” Thirty years ago, Abu-Jamal took away Philadelphia policeman Daniel Faulkner’s foremost civil right: his life. How obtuse of the CFT to disregard “the threat to the civil rights of all people” represented by someone capable of gunning down a man tasked with protecting the public.

The pantheon of leftist saints includes the Haymarket Square bombers, responsible for the deaths of eight Chicago cops, Joe Hill, murderer of former police officer John Morrison in Salt Lake City, Huey Newton, murderer of Oakland policeman John Frey, and Leonard Peltier, murderer of FBI agents Jack Coler and Ronald Williams. Notice a pattern?"
Teachers' Mumia Abu-Jamal Resolution Out of Sync Morally and Historically | Human Events

2. It's why millions of folks, myself included, have opted for homeschooling.

"Homeschooling Is Growing Ridiculously Fast. ... Last year, USA Today reported that in 1999, homeschoolers made up a tiny sect of the American population. “An estimated 850,000 students nationwide were being homeschooled.
By 2011-12, that number had more than doubled to 1.77 million.”
According to a recently released Florida Department of Education report, “The number of homeschooled children in Florida saw its biggest increase in five years during 2014-15. Last year, the state counted 84,096 children in home schooling, up 9.6 percent from a year earlier.”
Why Homeschooling Is Growing - The Federalist
thefederalist.com/2015/09/01/why-homeschooling-is-growing/

3. Now....perhaps we are about to see an end to the greatest bar to homeschooling.

"On Friday night, the United States Senate passed their version of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, better known as tax reform. Only one additive floor amendment made it into the bill.

Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas) offered an amendment to make 529 education savings accounts even more useful than today. 529 accounts up until now have been used exclusively for college tuition and expenses. The Cruz amendment expands the use of 529 dollars for two additional purposes--tuition for students in K-12 private and parochial schools, and costs related to homeschooling a child. Up to $10,000 per year per child can be distributed for these purposes."
Ted Cruz's 529 Education Savings Amendment to Tax Reform Is A Big Win for Families

One more step toward making America....and American education....great again.

"Feelings Now Acceptable As Answers To Math Problems

WASHINGTON, D.C.—An update issued Tuesday to the 2017–2018 Common Core educational standards now allows students to answer mathematics problems by responding with whatever their feelings are telling them at the time.

One example problem given to illustrate the updated standards asked students to figure out when a 6:00 a.m. train leaving Boston at thirty miles per hour and a 7:00 a.m. Milwaukee train headed the opposite direction at forty miles per hour will intersect. A list of possible solutions to the sample problem published in the Common Core standards obtained by reporters indicated that “Ugh,” “I’m offended,” “Triggered,” “Trains scare me,” “Boston scares me,” “Milwaukee scares me,” and “Kill yourself,” would all be scored as correct.

“Any emotion, feeling, statement, or catchphrase is an acceptable answer to most of the problems in the new mathematics standards,” a Common Core representative told reporters. “As long as students are being sincere, genuine, authentic, and true to themselves at the time they are answering the question, that’s all we can ask as educators.”

“Who are we to tell anyone that their own mathematical truth is wrong?” the rep added.

According to the rep, the Common Core standards will be updated next year to include feelings as acceptable responses to any and all questions pertaining to biology, chemistry, grammar, and history, while sources claim that English literature teachers have already been accepting emotions as responses for years."

Feelings Now Acceptable As Answers To Math Problems

My late husband was an ardent believer in improving the mathematical abilities of 8th graders when his local Professional Engineering Society's members decided to join in the NPE's (National Professional Engineers) MathCounts program which included contacting mathematical in various Middle Schools in our area. Before he passed away, he had received the beautiful crystal etched plaque to honor his 25 years supporting the MathCounts program. I was so happy for him to receive the recognition his dogged devotion earned him as he spent time on a constant basis recruiting students to participate in math contests, which included advanced mathematics only qualified teachers and sometimes, even parents, to coach the youngsters so that they could do well on the tests. The top 3 district winners of the competitions advanced to state MathCounts contests, and the 3 highest winners would advance to National Competitions, the latest in his career, which most often were held in Washington, DC because their dedication to the mathematical advancement of America was respondent to a 1970's international survey showing that America no longer had the lead in producing the best scholarship in mathematics in the world. Trust me, they were dedicated to turning this situation around and putting American mathematics back into competition with other countries, since so much of science is influenced by mathematics, and not in a small way.

Unfortunately, in our own city, it came to my attention that one of my customers who was a math teacher, was actually enraged by this program. Her teacher's union at the time determined that efforts out of the domain of professional teachers was to be discouraged, so this teacher actually confronted me at my business that her students would not be participating because the school district would not pay her for any time she spent over and beyond classroom time to teach them advanced mathematic problem-solving methods. She was touting union reasoning for her decision not to allow the Professional Engineers society help them. He was disappointed to hear about this, but had to deal only with teachers willing to give their best math students a helping hand to get them ready for what was ahead for these gifted kids--imagine 8th graders able to successfully solve problems theretofore only college students were taught to solve, oh yes, and math students in the same grade, learning such advanced mathematics in foreign countries, so their countries could compete in problem-solving, science projects, experiments, and just about everything else.

Can you imagine Unions interfering with progress by refusing to help 8th grade students due to the discouragement of charitable gifts of time by union member teachers?

When the Constitution of the USA was written, the education system was carried out mainly on the church properties in Christian communities, and pay for teachers was often a mere stipend to cover room and board. If my recollection is accurate, Jefferson's education was all done on Church property.

Did unions improve education? I have to say, the jury's out on that one. I support fair wages paid to those who work for a living and deserve time off to be human in the summer. Even so, school districts in the nation do not all receive the same benefits. Some districts are wealthy, others impoverished due to the lack of business success. Poor states cannot foot the bill demanded by the best teachers

Good thread, PoliticalChic.

My late husband was an ardent believer in improving the mathematical abilities of 8th graders when his local Professional Engineering Society's members decided to join in the NPE's (National Professional Engineers) MathCounts program which included contacting mathematical in various Middle Schools in our area. Before he passed away, he had received the beautiful crystal etched plaque to honor his 25 years supporting the MathCounts program. I was so happy for him to receive the recognition his dogged devotion earned him as he spent time on a constant basis recruiting students to participate in math contests, which included advanced mathematics only qualified teachers and sometimes, even parents, to coach the youngsters so that they could do well on the tests. The top 3 district winners of the competitions advanced to state MathCounts contests, and the 3 highest winners would advance to National Competitions, the latest in his career, which most often were held in Washington, DC because their dedication to the mathematical advancement of America was respondent to a 1970's international survey showing that America no longer had the lead in producing the best scholarship in mathematics in the world. Trust me, they were dedicated to turning this situation around and putting American mathematics back into competition with other countries, since so much of science is influenced by mathematics, and not in a small way.

Unfortunately, in our own city, it came to my attention that one of my customers who was a math teacher, was actually enraged by this program. Her teacher's union at the time determined that efforts out of the domain of professional teachers was to be discouraged, so this teacher actually confronted me at my business that her students would not be participating because the school district would not pay her for any time she spent over and beyond classroom time to teach them advanced mathematic problem-solving methods. She was touting union reasoning for her decision not to allow the Professional Engineers society help them. He was disappointed to hear about this, but had to deal only with teachers willing to give their best math students a helping hand to get them ready for what was ahead for these gifted kids--imagine 8th graders able to successfully solve problems theretofore only college students were taught to solve, oh yes, and math students in the same grade, learning such advanced mathematics in foreign countries, so their countries could compete in problem-solving, science projects, experiments, and just about everything else.

Can you imagine Unions interfering with progress by refusing to help 8th grade students due to the discouragement of charitable gifts of time by union member teachers?

When the Constitution of the USA was written, the education system was carried out mainly on the church properties in Christian communities, and pay for teachers was often a mere stipend to cover room and board. If my recollection is accurate, Jefferson's education was all done on Church property.

Did unions improve education? I have to say, the jury's out on that one. I support fair wages paid to those who work for a living and deserve time off to be human in the summer. Even so, school districts in the nation do not all receive the same benefits. Some districts are wealthy, others impoverished due to the lack of business success. Poor states cannot foot the bill demanded by the best teachers

Good thread, PoliticalChic.

Thank you, 'B'.....so good to see you again.

The good news is that vast numbers of teachers don't support the unions.

WASHINGTON, D.C.—An update issued Tuesday to the 2017–2018 Common Core educational standards now allows students to answer mathematics problems by responding with whatever their feelings are telling them at the time.

One example problem given to illustrate the updated standards asked students to figure out when a 6:00 a.m. train leaving Boston at thirty miles per hour and a 7:00 a.m. Milwaukee train headed the opposite direction at forty miles per hour will intersect. A list of possible solutions to the sample problem published in the Common Core standards obtained by reporters indicated that “Ugh,” “I’m offended,” “Triggered,” “Trains scare me,” “Boston scares me,” “Milwaukee scares me,” and “Kill yourself,” would all be scored as correct.

“Any emotion, feeling, statement, or catchphrase is an acceptable answer to most of the problems in the new mathematics standards,” a Common Core representative told reporters. “As long as students are being sincere, genuine, authentic, and true to themselves at the time they are answering the question, that’s all we can ask as educators.”

“Who are we to tell anyone that their own mathematical truth is wrong?” the rep added.

According to the rep, the Common Core standards will be updated next year to include feelings as acceptable responses to any and all questions pertaining to biology, chemistry, grammar, and history, while sources claim that English literature teachers have already been accepting emotions as responses for years."

This is false. The site you are referencing is a satirical news site. See for example the footer: "The Babylon Bee is Your Trusted Source For Christian News Satire." You might also find your suspicions aroused by other headlines on this site like Hugh Jackman To Host All Future Senate Hearings In Character As P.T. Barnum. Wikipedia describes the site as "famous for over-the-top satirical stories focusing on well known pastors, celebrities, and politicians."

The actual common core standards for math can be downloaded here. The word "feelings" does not appear in the text.

This is false. The site you are referencing is a satirical news site. See for example the footer: "The Babylon Bee is Your Trusted Source For Christian News Satire." You might also find your suspicions aroused by other headlines on this site like Hugh Jackman To Host All Future Senate Hearings In Character As P.T. Barnum. Wikipedia describes the site as "famous for over-the-top satirical stories focusing on well known pastors, celebrities, and politicians."

The actual common core standards for math can be downloaded here. The word "feelings" does not appear in the text.

It's the Bee, you dope.

You must be the only one who didn't get it.....

Forum List

Back