Be Prepared For The Debates

Interesting chart. Notice how the income of the rich shot up during the Clinton Administration and then took a nosedive when George W. Bush took office. It only started to increase again when Bush started "reaching across the aisle" and implemented more liberal policies. Thanks for the update!

LMAO!! You're in the bubble. Look closely and you'll see that as soon as Bush's second tax cuts kicked in in 2003 the upward movement gained momentum. All the downward motion was due to the Clinton policies which actually bought back nearly $400 billion of debt for the first time since we paid off the debts remaining after the 2nd world war.

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

So why did the income of the rich shoot up during the Clinton Administration?

The dot com bubble.

Obama: Your idea of a way to curtail the massive divide between the elite 1% and middle America is to cut taxes even further for those earning more than $1 million

Romney: I'll bet you $10,000

And? :cool:

And....he is now armed with zingers!

Mitt Romney doesn’t need new zingers. He needs new policies.

This idiot wants to run our country and he can't even run his own campaign???

Romney's going to try to get under Obama's skin..he has too. He's going to try to get a memorable one liner or something.

But Obama's a cool customer. So long as he doesn't look like he's pandering, like Gore did, and keeps his cool..I think he will do well.

LMAO!! You're in the bubble. Look closely and you'll see that as soon as Bush's second tax cuts kicked in in 2003 the upward movement gained momentum. All the downward motion was due to the Clinton policies which actually bought back nearly $400 billion of debt for the first time since we paid off the debts remaining after the 2nd world war.

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

So why did the income of the rich shoot up during the Clinton Administration?

The dot com bubble.

So the dot com bubble caused a disproportionate increase in the income for the top 1%. Gotcha. And that led to a crash which sent the country into a recession. Thanks for the info.

Of which, you're likely one. :cool:

Based on Romney's nice broad brush definition....I am, but only because I plan to vote for Obama.

"I am, but only because I plan to vote for Obama."

I don't recall anyone here acussing you of being very bright. :tongue:

I consider it an honor to be able to vote for the president again. See....I was around in west TN in the 40's and 50's when the situation was that if a black man showed up in town on election day he was beaten and locked up. I saw my own uncles make up lies about the family of black sharecroppers who lived on my granddaddy's farm just to see if they could cause them to argue with each other. My maternal grandmother used to say she'd rather be dead than to be a ******. I've never mistreated a black person in my life and I'm 78 years old.

I hope the president remains in office by a landslide.....he deserves it.

Based on Romney's nice broad brush definition....I am, but only because I plan to vote for Obama.

I consider it an honor to be able to vote for the president again. See....I was around in west TN in the 40's and 50's when the situation was that if a black man showed up in town on election day he was beaten and locked up. I saw my own uncles make up lies about the family of black sharecroppers who lived on my granddaddy's farm just to see if they could cause them to argue with each other. My maternal grandmother used to say she'd rather be dead than to be a ******. I've never mistreated a black person in my life and I'm 78 years old.

So you are voting for him because he's black? Sheesh! I suppose you got your free phone, too.

So you are voting for him because he's black? Sheesh! I suppose you got your free phone, too.

It can't be over his accomplishments. BTW, he's half white, lest you forget, Cammmpbell. :cool:

Sorry, numbnuts, but your chart shows that the "downward movement" was solely the result of the 2000 Clinton recession. It also shows that all during the Clinton administration, which all you liberal drones think is the heyday of your moronic policies, the movement was in the upward direction.

BTW, that "downward movement" you are so proud of is where the American people were becoming poorer - all the American people. The deficit also increased massively in the period.

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

I wish it was a real debate..

A little too formal.. Heated exhanges should be required with so much at stake, not pre-rehearsed talking points in response to questions prepared months in advance.

Obama deserves to be President because he's black? :cuckoo:

Be Prepared For The Debates

Why? I sure as heck will not be watching any of them.

Of course you won't Why learn anything? It shows in your posts. :lol:

whats there to learn?.....I agree with us......why should i watch two liars and spiners do what they do best....plus are the questions going to be asked by the audience?.....or are they going to be ones that they have had a week to prepare for?......

It can't be over his accomplishments. BTW, he's half white, lest you forget, Cammmpbell. :cool:

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly and easily a bunch of right wing racists slough off the plight of the black man. The idea that Lincoln freed the slaves is about as accurate as my story of 1969 when I accompanied some of the other astronauts to the moon.

John Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson freed the slaves beginnng in the mid sixties after Dr. Martin Luther King was slaughtered by a piece of trash hardly worth the rifle he was carrying when he did it.

After the civil war a black man in this country pulled zero weight anywhere. They were the victims of every red neck scheme and idea imaginable and never had any decent jobs or political influence until after the civil rights and voting laws were made binding. Like I said....this is a racist election coming up and anyone who denies it has their right wing head so far up their ass they'll never see daylight again.

did you have a point with this?.....because if you dont.....it just makes you look like another fool sucked in by a party....

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly and easily a bunch of right wing racists slough off the plight of the black man. The idea that Lincoln freed the slaves is about as accurate as my story of 1969 when I accompanied some of the other astronauts to the moon.

John Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson freed the slaves beginnng in the mid sixties after Dr. Martin Luther King was slaughtered by a piece of trash hardly worth the rifle he was carrying when he did it.

After the civil war a black man in this country pulled zero weight anywhere. They were the victims of every red neck scheme and idea imaginable and never had any decent jobs or political influence until after the civil rights and voting laws were made binding. Like I said....this is a racist election coming up and anyone who denies it has their right wing head so far up their ass they'll never see daylight again.

So, you are not looking at each candidate as what they offer to the country interms of leadership qualities. Or what they bring to the job in terms of skills. Or what successes they personally have attributed to them. All you can say that the

"black man in this country pulled zero weight anywhere. They were the victims of every red neck scheme and idea imaginable and never had any decent jobs or political influence until after the civil rights and voting laws were made binding. Like I said....this is a racist election coming up"

You sir, are a bigot and an incredible fool. Your biases outweigh any passion you have for this country.

did you have a point with this?.....because if you dont.....it just makes you look like another fool sucked in by a party....

My life time voting record:

1956 Eisenhower
1960 Nixon
1964 Goldwater
1968 Nixon
1972 Nixon
1976 Did Not Vote
1980 Anderson(I)
1984 Reagan(wish I had this one back)
1988 Did Not Vote
1992 Did Not Vote
1996 Did Not Vote
2000 Did Not Vote
2004 Kerry *****
2008 Obama *****

***** Voted Against Spend and Borrow Republicans

I was a Republican when the party stood for balanced budgets, small government and individual rights. Now they are in the pockets of corporations and the wealthy. I'll never vote for another one of them in a national election if I live to 100

1956 Eisenhower
1960 Nixon
1964 Goldwater
1968 Nixon
1972 Nixon
1976 Did Not Vote
1980 Anderson(I)
1988 Did Not Vote
1992 Did Not Vote
1996 Did Not Vote
2000 Did Not Vote
2004 Kerry *****
2008 Obama *****

I was a Republican when the party stood for balanced budgets, small government and individual rights. Now they are in the pockets of corporations and the wealthy. I'll never vote for another one of them in a national election if I live to 100

so you opened one eye anyway and seen how fucked the Republicans are......now you had better open the other one......

1956 Eisenhower
1960 Nixon
1964 Goldwater
1968 Nixon
1972 Nixon
1976 Did Not Vote
1980 Anderson(I)
1988 Did Not Vote
1992 Did Not Vote
1996 Did Not Vote
2000 Did Not Vote
2004 Kerry *****
2008 Obama *****

so you opened one eye anyway and seen how fucked the Republicans are......now you had better open the other one......

I thought I said it plain enough. I have picked the lesser of the two evils.

Following the second world war for years anyone who earned more than $300,000 a year paid 91% of the excess to the government. 'Course that was back when everybody did their share and deserved to be called patriots. Now the upper few percent of people in this country have been overcome with greed and they see themselves as entitled. With tax rates at the lowest they've been in decades all you can hear from the right is more tax cuts. All the pricks should be pulled out and made examples of. Excuse me for ending that sentence with a preposition.

1956 Eisenhower
1960 Nixon
1964 Goldwater
1968 Nixon
1972 Nixon
1976 Did Not Vote
1980 Anderson(I)
1988 Did Not Vote
1992 Did Not Vote
1996 Did Not Vote
2000 Did Not Vote
2004 Kerry *****
2008 Obama *****

I thought I said it plain enough. I have picked the lesser of the two evils.

Following the second world war for years anyone who earned more than $300,000 a year paid 91% of the excess to the government. 'Course that was back when everybody did their share and deserved to be called patriots. Now the upper few percent of people in this country have been overcome with greed and they see themselves as entitled. With tax rates at the lowest they've been in decades all you can hear from the right is more tax cuts. All the pricks should be pulled out and made examples of. Excuse me for ending that sentence with a preposition.

when you pick the lesser of two evils your still picking something evil.....because of the ones who cant bare to be away from their parties,and ones with your..."the lesser of two evils" mindset.....we get the kinda shit we have in office now.....it will never change until you folks cut the cord.....

Yeah and the Republican house bribed their way into the extension of Bush's tax cuts which were scheduled to expire in 2010. In other words the whole deal sucked. Bush assumed a surplus and a schedule to completely pay off the national debt by 2012 then blocked Democratic opposition and cut taxes twice, 2001 and 2003, started two wars and ran them with emergency spending bills...off budget and doubled the national debt from $5.7 trillion to almost $12 trillion. Even dumbasses should begin to see through this horse shit at some point.

Never under estimate the abiity to blame someone else for their shortcomings? Must be the liberal media, skewed polls, or something else to justify willfull ignorance.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back