Be Honest: There is only one real reason to need to carry a gun.

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
FEAR

Seriously. Think about it. If there was no FEAR of being robbed and/or assaulted there is no reason to carry a gun, right?

We buy auto insurance and wear seat belts because we FEAR that at some point in time we may be involved in an accident. (Ok, and in most cases the law requires it and we fear getting a ticket too.)

Hey!! I'm not knocking it. Illinois will soon finally join everyone else in passing a CC law. When we do that I will get one so I can carry it in any areas known for high crime rates. But since I don't FEAR being robbed and/or assaulted in my small hometown I don't feel the need to carry it around.

Now I also realize that there are those who simply want to carry one around like a playtoy. But I suspect that they are simply making up for other "shortcomings".

So if anyone disagrees that FEAR is the primary motivation to carry a gun please explain why it's not.

You forgot about hunting. In this day and age, people don't hunt out of fear of starvation.

As for personal security, yes; that's fear-based. Nevertheless, fear can still be healthy, up to a point. It's only excessive fear and paranoia that bring on problems.

You forgot about hunting. In this day and age, people don't hunt out of fear of starvation.

As for personal security, yes; that's fear-based. Nevertheless, fear can still be healthy, up to a point. It's only excessive fear and paranoia that bring on problems.

In no way did I intend to equate carrying guns in the woods (hunting) with concealed carry.

BTW....I've shot and eaten many rabbits, squirrels, quail and pheasant in my day!!

FEAR

Seriously. Think about it. If there was no FEAR of being robbed and/or assaulted there is no reason to carry a gun, right?

We buy auto insurance and wear seat belts because we FEAR that at some point in time we may be involved in an accident. (Ok, and in most cases the law requires it and we fear getting a ticket too.)

Hey!! I'm not knocking it. Illinois will soon finally join everyone else in passing a CC law. When we do that I will get one so I can carry it in any areas known for high crime rates. But since I don't FEAR being robbed and/or assaulted in my small hometown I don't feel the need to carry it around.

Now I also realize that there are those who simply want to carry one around like a playtoy. But I suspect that they are simply making up for other "shortcomings".

So if anyone disagrees that FEAR is the primary motivation to carry a gun please explain why it's not.

I guess you can say that, but I got my CHL to support the right to have one. I consider every day I have it as a vote, letting my state know that citizens consider the right important. Here in TX anyone eligible to own a firearm can have one in their vehicle, but you need a CHL to carry on your person. Rights are kind of like muscles, if you don't exercise them they tend to waste away.

FEAR

Say you're right....What the fuck is it to you?

FEAR

I am right. And it's nothing to me as long as you admit that the reason your carry is because you're scared shitless.

If every person that we encounter on a daily basis were, indeed, carrying....this would be a rational fear.

The beauty of it is neither you or the bad guys know for sure, who is, or who is not carrying and you get a proven benefit form that.

FEAR

I am right. And it's nothing to me as long as you admit that the reason your carry is because you're scared shitless.
I said say your right...As in "let's take your argument as face value"....This is not about me.

Now, answer the question and tell us how it's any of your goddamn business?

FEAR

You are such a wimpy puss. fear and adrenalin are what keeps you alive you moronic bathtub. without that you'd be dead er n a doornail.

I said say your right...As in "let's take your argument as face value"....This is not about me.

I never said nor implied that you agreed with my assessment, did I? I simply stated that I am right.

It's only my business for the sake discussion that the only reason people conceal carry is because they are afraid. But yet you see all of this false bravado and tough guy image just because they like playing with and carrying guns. They don't like to think about the real reason they carry. FEAR.

I never said nor implied that you agreed with my assessment, did I? I simply stated that I am right.

It's only my business for the sake discussion that the only reason people conceal carry is because they are afraid. But yet you see all of this false bravado and tough guy image just because they like playing with and carrying guns. They don't like to think about the real reason they carry. FEAR.
Oh, so it's all about you believing that you're right and declaring yourself so.

Good thing you're not a shallow egomaniac, or anything like that. :rolleyes:

FEAR

You are such a wimpy puss. fear and adrenalin are what keeps you alive you moronic bathtub. without that you'd be dead er n a doornail.

I don't carry a gun everywhere I go (since I have no fear) and you call me a wimpy puss?

Thanks for proving my point. :clap2:

Oh, so it's all about you believing that you're right and declaring yourself so.

Good thing you're not a shallow egomaniac, or anything like that. :rolleyes:

Obviously I must be right since you are unable to prove me wrong, right? Heck, you couldn't even formulate a weak argument against my point.

FEAR

I don't carry a gun everywhere I go (since I have no fear) and you call me a wimpy puss?

Spaghetti logic........ :rolleyes:

FEAR

I don't either but that doesn't make me brave, I'm betting a fucking dollar to a donut if someone stuck a 357 mag. in yer face you'd be shittin yer pants in fear asshole.

I don't either but that doesn't make me brave, I'm betting a fucking dollar to a donut if someone stuck a 357 mag. in yer face you'd be shittin yer pants in fear asshole.

And vice-versa sweetheart.

FEAR

mmkay

So since seat belts save lives, and carry a gun can save your life.

Shouldn't we be mandated to carry?

we have to get a license to drive and to own a gun. Throw in state run classes on earning that right and everyone should carry.

Forum List

Back