Be careful what you wish for

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
For those who questioned the veracity of the Boston Herald, this is another paper entirely. For the rest of us, enjoy.

Here are some of those people whom Obama hit up for cash on that visit, many of whom will cut huge checks to Obama's reelect and the DNC this week:
  • Drug company CEO Reinier Beeuwkes, who gave $20,000 to the DCCC. Beeuwkes's company, Ischemix, is a member of the Biotechnology Industry Organization, which endorsed Obamacare. Biotech companies like Ischemix profit from the bill's subsidies and lengthy exclusivity for biotech drugs.
  • Marketing and PR giant John Connors gave the maximum $30,800. The corporate clients, whose image Connors is paid to burnish, include Bank of America and Merrill Lynch.
  • Real estate developer Joseph E. Corcoran also kicked in $30,000.
  • Joanne Egerman, a Planned Parenthood board member and wife of health-care CEO Paul Egerman gave $20,000
  • McKinsey & Co. consultant David Fubini gave $30,800.
  • Revolving-door energy lobbyist Mary Beth Gentleman gave $5,000.
  • Chairman of the Board of the Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Massachusetts Foundation, Philip W. Johnston, gave $5,000.
  • Broadcasting mogul Albert Caneb gave the max $30,800.
  • Bain Capital banker Jonathan Levine gave $19,200
  • Bain Capital banker Stephen Pagiluca and his wife gave a combined $50,000.
  • Schooner Capital bankers Nicholas and Vincent Ryan forked over a combined $50,000
I hope this coverage of what a sitting president did in Boston pleases the White House. I urge everyone to get the message out.

In which I give in to Obama's Nixonian demands on what the media should cover | Timothy P. Carney | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

For those who questioned the veracity of the Boston Herald, this is another paper entirely. For the rest of us, enjoy.

Here are some of those people whom Obama hit up for cash on that visit, many of whom will cut huge checks to Obama's reelect and the DNC this week:
  • Drug company CEO Reinier Beeuwkes, who gave $20,000 to the DCCC. Beeuwkes's company, Ischemix, is a member of the Biotechnology Industry Organization, which endorsed Obamacare. Biotech companies like Ischemix profit from the bill's subsidies and lengthy exclusivity for biotech drugs.
  • Marketing and PR giant John Connors gave the maximum $30,800. The corporate clients, whose image Connors is paid to burnish, include Bank of America and Merrill Lynch.
  • Real estate developer Joseph E. Corcoran also kicked in $30,000.
  • Joanne Egerman, a Planned Parenthood board member and wife of health-care CEO Paul Egerman gave $20,000
  • McKinsey & Co. consultant David Fubini gave $30,800.
  • Revolving-door energy lobbyist Mary Beth Gentleman gave $5,000.
  • Chairman of the Board of the Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Massachusetts Foundation, Philip W. Johnston, gave $5,000.
  • Broadcasting mogul Albert Caneb gave the max $30,800.
  • Bain Capital banker Jonathan Levine gave $19,200
  • Bain Capital banker Stephen Pagiluca and his wife gave a combined $50,000.
  • Schooner Capital bankers Nicholas and Vincent Ryan forked over a combined $50,000
I hope this coverage of what a sitting president did in Boston pleases the White House. I urge everyone to get the message out.

In which I give in to Obama's Nixonian demands on what the media should cover | Timothy P. Carney | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

Unless this is a call for public financing of elections, I don't really care. That's the way the game is played by both sides.

Forum List

Back