Be careful if you bring your children to the park!

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Gay Lovers Climb Tree, Then Have Sex

NEW YORK April 22 — Two gay lovers a man in a black dress and a boy in only a pair of shorts protested their families' lack of understanding for their relationship by climbing a Central Park tree on Thursday, stripping, performing lewd acts in front of onlookers and refusing to come down for hours.

The lovers, ages 32 and 17, scaled the 55-foot larch tree next to the Chess and Checkers House around 4 p.m., said Detective John Sweeney, a police department spokesman.

The couple had told the boy's parents about their relationship and been rebuked, police said.

The man played on branches near the top of the tree and waved at onlookers while the boy sat quietly a few feet below him. Police said the man later performed oral sex on the boy and stripped down to a thong to taunt them.

Police were alerted to the mischief when an onlooker flagged down a bicycle officer. When Emergency Services Unit officers responded, "the two individuals began to shout obscenities to the approaching officers, threatening to push the officers down and throw branches at them in an effort to ward the officers off," police Inspector William Callahan said.

The two were in danger of falling because the tree's largest branches were only 4 inches thick and couldn't support their weight for long, said police, who set up an inflatable safety mat on the ground.

Police negotiators who went up the tree to talk the couple down gave them soft drinks and water. A crowd of about 100 onlookers stood nearby.

After about five hours, police put harnesses on the lovers and began to lure them down. The names of the lovers were not immediately released.

The couple were taken to a hospital for evaluation, and Callahan said arrests and criminal charges depended on the outcomes of those evaluations.

No one was injured in the bizarre Earth Day stunt, Callahan said.

"When I heard they were in a tree," he said, "I figured it was very fitting."

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20040422_2587.html

Off the top of my head, I would say you could (should) charge them with public indecency, child rape (if the kid was only 17), and endangering a police officer.

"When I heard they were in a tree," he said, "I figured it was very fitting."

bwahhahhahha :laugh:

ok, ok, maybe not so funny, but can you imagine seeing this or anything like it just walking down the street?

Jeff- age of consent is 17 in ny, but statuatory rape might still apply, never really been clear on when that is applicable... but public indecency charges would stick I think.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Off the top of my head, I would say you could (should) charge them with public indecency, child rape (if the kid was only 17), and endangering a police officer.

I agree, but the gay community won't let them. I would bet big money on that.

firehoses would have worked wonders.

I'm all for protest and public dissent, but public sex acts, gay or straight, shouldn't be tolerated.

More proof, just more proof man.

Reminds me of something that happened in Oregon. Some Earth First freakos had been camped out in some canopies in these trees that were scheduled to be logged while all of it was moving through the courts in an effort to stop the proposed logging. Anyway the activists lost and a judge ordered these people out of the tress, there was the usual brouhaha with the cops and the freakos chaining theirselves together but when it was all said and done one of the freakos went downtown immediately climbed up and perched himself outside the window ledge of the forest service offices. Picture this first of all it was like 5 stories up, this guy hadn't showered or bathed in 6 months and he had a bucket up there with him doing his business in front of the window with all the office workers looking on. Lol and they wonder why we call the freakos, what do these people think stunts like this and the star crossed gay lovers is going to get them?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
but public sex acts, gay or straight, shouldn't be tolerated.

unless all individuals involved are attractive, then we sell tickets...

Originally posted by Aquarian
unless all individuals involved are attractive, then we sell tickets...
On the net, that qualifier is non-existant.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
firehoses would have worked wonders.

I'm all for protest and public dissent, but public sex acts, gay or straight, shouldn't be tolerated.

Yeah, I don't even like watching people make out in public, but that's me.

"Get a room, funboys!"

I wonder if that was Central Park?

The only thing worse than seagull pooh falling on my head, would be walking under that tree and...

I won't finish that sentence.

hey mods- can I post a link to the fark comments page for this? I'm laughin so hard i'm crying...

Should we have expected anything less in NY??? hahahah!

I agree with jeff - 17 is still a minor, and having sex with someone in their 30's usually is considered RAPE!!! but 2 guys? YUK!

Originally posted by janeeng
I agree with jeff - 17 is still a minor, and having sex with someone in their 30's usually is considered RAPE!!!

Depends on the sate, legally anyway.
I am in CT right now and I just found out that 16 is the age of consent here.
What???
I am 28 and that means I can have sex with a sophomore in high shool, even though my college graduation year was 1998? That's kinda fucked!

Maybe that's why our liquor store close at 8PM :D
Actually, it's 9PM as of this year.

And actually, I don't know if I have a problem with that age of consent. I find people to age so differently that some 16 year olds are as physically/mentally mature as some 20 year olds... but then some are more like 12 year olds. And if you're in your 20's and preying on girls who look/act 12, you needn't fear the law you need to fear older brothers like mysef!!!!!!

Originally posted by NewGuy
I agree, but the gay community won't let them. I would bet big money on that.

What does it matter what the gay community permits. enforce the law and let them make a stink just to show how wrong they are.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
What does it matter what the gay community permits. enforce the law and let them make a stink just to show how wrong they are.

It doesn't happen that way, though, and we both know it.

I hope you all would agree that this would've just as large a problem if one of the participants had been female. If the age of consent is 17, child rape or statuatory rape won't apply. I think they'll be charged with public indecency, disturbing the peace, and probably some kind of criminal misconduct. A tree-o of charges.

acludem

Originally posted by NewGuy
It doesn't happen that way, though, and we both know it.

He-he, always speaking as to what others know, unable to stick to the facts.

Originally posted by Avatar4321

Yeah! Like Rosa Parks when she broke the rule/law about where to sit in a bus, or Martin Luther King Jr., the civil rights marches, or the Black sit-ins at cafeterias and restaurants. Or consider those abortion rights protesters who chain-lock clinic doors. I believe that those who break the law should be prepared to face the punishment, but sometimes the "criminals" think that the only practical way to get their messages across is to break the law.

Originally posted by mattskramer
Yeah! Like Rosa Parks when she broke the rule/law about where to sit in a bus, or Martin Luther KingJr., the civil rights marches, or the Black sit-ins at cafeterias and restaurants. Or consider those abortion rights protesters who chain-lock clinic doors. I believe that those who break the law should be prepared to face the punishment, but sometimes the "criminals" think that the only practical way to get their messages across is to break the law.

You are comparing two gay guys doing the nasty in a tree in a park to Rosa Parks refusing to go to the backk of the bus in a show of civil disobedience?

Someone needs a history lesson if you think the two have anything in common...

There is nothing civil about fucking a guy in the ass in a park, or whatever they were doing. Sorry to be graphic, but I wanted to demonstrate the difference between a women sitting on a bus and...

Forum List

Back