Be Afraid.... Be Very Afraid....

Originally posted by Kathianne
There were always rumors that a grandfather of Hitler's was Jewish, but that has never been confirmed. Has the aura of Urban Legend to it, but no Snopes back then.
I stand corrected. I always heard he was, but did a quick Google search and there is enough doubt that I must agree with you.

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
I've never heard of any of Hitler's relatives being Jewish. All I've read is that he was actually Austrian, not German.
Nor was he Christian. So your example of him being a radical Christian that used the Christian religion to kill millions does not pan out.

I'm not sure that's entirely true freeandfun1. I think what I brought up and what kathianne brought up are both very good. Both quote Hitler saying different things, so it is very likely that Hilter could have been lying in either situation. I don't think we'll ever truly know. But I did enjoy reading what kathianne posted.

I'm not sure that's entirely true freeandfun1. I think what I brought up and what kathianne brought up are both very good. Both quote Hitler saying different things, so it is very likely that Hilter could have been lying in either situation. I don't think we'll ever truly know. But I did enjoy reading what kathianne posted.

Either way, there is no comparison of Christians killing in the name of religion TODAY compared to the jihadists.

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
Either way, there is no comparison of Christians killing in the name of religion TODAY compared to the jihadists.
Today or even under Hitler. Even if Hitler did claim to be a Christian, his actions were not Christian. So his claiming to be a Christian does not = Christians killing in the name of Christ. It = a mad man killing and using the Christian faith as a supposed excuse. And, as I pointed out, it was other Christian nations that shut him down.

If he was a Christian, then why did the Muslims side with him during the war?

I think when certain Christian/anti-abortionists kill doctors and patients by blowing up buildings where abortions take place is killing for religious purposes. There's one quick example I think of while I'm at work.

I think I can count one one hand (maybe two) the number of attacks on abortions clinics/doctors in the US since Roe v. Wade. Now I certainly don't think what they are doing is right at all - and neither do about 99.999% of Christians. And therein lies the difference. When an abortion clinic is bombed, Christians oppose and denounce it. When terrorists kill thousands of Americans, did the entire Islamic world condemn it? Not at all - their silence spoke volumes about their feelings towards this action, carried out in the name of Islam.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
I think I can count one one hand (maybe two) the number of attacks on abortions clinics/doctors in the US since Roe v. Wade. Now I certainly don't think what they are doing is right at all - and neither do about 99.999% of Christians. And therein lies the difference. When an abortion clinic is bombed, Christians oppose and denounce it. When terrorists kill thousands of Americans, did the entire Islamic world condemn it? Not at all - their silence spoke volumes about their feelings towards this action, carried out in the name of Islam.

I am going to have to agree with you on this. Within this century, you can not compare the number of deaths between the two religions.:)

Okay, here's another one. Adolf Hitler was Catholic (to some not Christian, to other's Christian, though he referred to himself of the Christian faith through Catholicism.)

He believed that he was doing the Lord's work by getting rid of vermin which would obviously be the Jews (no offence to anyone, just taking what has been written by Adolf Hitler.) Simply because the Jews killed Jesus. All this, obviously ties into religious purposes for genocide.

Edit:

Here's the excerpt's

As he said himself:

The folkish-minded man, in particular, has the sacred duty, each in his own denomination, of making people stop just talking superficially of God's will, and actually fulfil God's will, and not let God's word be desecrated. [original italics]

For God's will gave men their form, their essence, and their abilities. Anyone who destroys His work is declaring war on the Lord's creation, the divine will. Therefore, let every man be active, each in his own denomination if you please, and let every man take it as his first and most sacred duty to oppose anyone who in his activity by word or deed steps outside the confines of his religious community and tries to butt into the other.

[...]

Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord. [original italics]

[Adolf Hitler, from "Mein Kampf", translation by Ralph Mannheim.]

Hitler certainly appeared at times to be a theist, and claimed to be a Christian:

The Führer made it known to those entrusted with the Final Solution that the killings should be done as humanely as possible. This was in line with his conviction that he was observing God's injunction to cleanse the world of vermin. Still a member in good standing of the Church of Rome despite detestation of its hierarchy ("I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so" [quoting Hitler]), he carried within him its teaching that the Jew was the killer of God. The extermination, therefore, could be done without a twinge of conscience since he was merely acting as the avenging hand of God -- so long as it was done impersonally, without cruelty.

[John Toland (Pulitzer Prize winner),
from "Adolf Hitler", pp 507, talking about the Autumn of 1941.]

The "I am now as before a Catholic..." quotation from Hitler was recorded in the diary of Gerhard Engel, an SS Adjutant, in October 1941. Hitler was speaking in private, not before a mass audience, and so it is difficult to dismiss the comment as propaganda lies.

Of course, I'm taking into account that Hitler could have easily been lying about being Catholic, but who knows... :confused:

I think you are correct about Hitler's use of religious imagery from the beginning, the Teutonic Order of Knights were important to the early symbolism of the Nazi party.

But by mid-career and before WWII actually kicked off, Hitler's movement relied little on a religious basis. It evolved into a nationalistic movement.

After all, the Pope was a vassal to Italy and Italy a vassal to Hitler himself.

And history demonstrates the Pope never really had words with Germany all throughout the war, untill liberated by the West, that is.

Nationalism secured party loyalty, and in the end Hitler was totally consumed by meglomania, and died a souless coward.

He intentionally sacrficed his own people long after any just leader would have sought peace terms to end a certain defeat.

No true follower of Christianity could justify his actions in the scripture.

I've never read anything in the Bible remotely like Islam with respect to the murder and oppression of Jews.

Two last things:

Jesus was not killed by a Jew, he was killed by the Roman occupation.

Jesus was not killed by a Jew, Jesus was a Jew.

When I bring up the point that he was put into power by the catholic church, everyone gives me funny looks and throws rocks.

-Then, that is the norm anyway.....

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by NewGuy
When I bring up the point that he was put into power by the catholic church, everyone gives me funny looks and throws rocks.

-Then, that is the norm anyway.....

:rolleyes:

YES YES YES! You are dead on. This is a great point

The Catholic party served as a means to an end and was chucked once it no longer served a purpose for Hitler's own ambitions.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/GERcentre.htm

"When Adolf Hitler became chancellor in January 1933 he invited the BVP to join his government and Franz von Papen became vice-chancellor. On 23rd March, 1933, all members of the BVP in the Reichstag voted for the Enabling Bill which gave Hitler dictatorial powers.

In June, 1933, Hitler dissolved the BVP and forced its leader, Franz von Papen, to leave the government."

Foolish Catholic fundamentalists. Extreme right wingers can turn on each other like sharks, which is always a desirable thing to me.

hehe...

You don't think Christians kill for religious reasons or have recently? I have two words for you - Northern Ireland.

acludem

Originally posted by gop_jeff
When an abortion clinic is bombed, Christians oppose and denounce it. When terrorists kill thousands of Americans, did the entire Islamic world condemn it? Not at all - their silence spoke volumes about their feelings towards this action, carried out in the name of Islam.

Worse than that, I vividly remember watching live footage from the Middle East on 9/11 where muslims were literally dancing in the streets, singing and rejoicing - even as the towers burned and people were leaping to their deaths.

I saw for the first time the enemy, that day. And they were common muslim peasants. Men, women, and children.

I know Im a day late and a dollar short on this one, but I wanted to applaud this one comment - Read, look, learn:

I'm not here to be liked by anyone including you. This is not high school where I need popularity points.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AMEN!

Forum List

Back