Be A Positive Voice In A Negative World: Bless And Do Not Curse

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
This is such a timely news article concerning being a positive voice in a negative world! Our world is barraged with negative words and so few are blessing others with their tongues! In light of all the negative talk in recent times this is the perfect time to be reminded of what the LORD expects of us! Life and death are in the tongue! We must choose life!

Read this article and ask yourselves this question? Am I blessing others with my tongue? Do I bless Israel with my tongue? This is a great reminder for us all!

A Positive Voice in a Negative World - Breaking Israel News

“By the blessing of the upright a city is exalted, but by the mouth of the wicked it is torn down.” (Proverbs 11:11)

western-wall-kotel.jpg

Western Wall in Jerusalem. (Photo: Gila Brand/ Wiki Commons)

“The world surrounds us with negativity. The common news channels format is a split screen with two or more commentators spewing foul remarks at one another. Professional athletes ‘smack talk’ their opponents before or after competing. Facebook, Twitter and countless internet sites provide a forum for people to express critical, harsh comments about those they don’t like. We are barraged with pessimism and disapproval at every turn. Positive words provide a counterbalance. That is what this book is about,” Osborne explained.

Proverbs 18 21 The tongue has the power of life and death and those who love it will eat its fruit.

Cross References
[URL='http://biblehub.com/matthew/12-37.htm']Matthew 12:37

For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.

"Proverbs 10:19
Sin is not ended by multiplying words, but the prudent hold their tongues.

Proverbs 12:13
Evildoers are trapped by their sinful talk, and so the innocent escape trouble.

Proverbs 13:2
From the fruit of their lips people enjoy good things, but the unfaithful have an appetite for violence.[/URL]

Genesis 12 3 I will bless those who bless you and whoever curses you I will curse and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.

Context
The Calling of Abram
…2And I will make you a great nation, And I will bless you, And make your name great; And so you shall be a blessing; 3And I will bless those who bless you, And the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed." 4So Abram went forth as the LORD had spoken to him; and Lot went with him. Now Abram was seventy-five years old when he departed from Haran.…

Some people in the world do not realize that God has promised to bless those who bless Israel and the Jewish people. They do not understand that when they curse them, speak badly about them or do harm to them they have actually brought a curse upon themselves.

Unfortunately ignorance will not excuse us from the penalties incurred for disobeying God in the matter. It is our responsibility to study the Word of God and know it. The LORD even warns - my people perish for lack of knowledge!

I know of a story about a person whose wife was dying because he had accepted a bracelet that had been cursed by a witch doctor in a local village where he was working as a missionary at a medical health facility! It wasn't until he realized that by accepting that bracelet and wearing it - he had brought a curse upon his own wife's health. He quickly repented and destroyed the bracelet breaking that curse!

Another man whose business had formerly prospered came into financial difficulties after accepting a beggars statue bought as a souvenir down in Mexico! The man who made the statues had apparently put a curse on those souvenir's for certain people who purchased them or had them in their homes! Word curses are real. We need to be aware of this and be careful about the items we permit into our homes or receive as gifts.

Last edited:
Jeremiah, say something positive about the Catholic Church.

How can I bless that which God has cursed?

The Catholic people are unaware of the evil that is going on in there and I pray for their deliverance from it. I pray the LORD moves mightily to save all those that he will save out of the Roman Catholicism. I pray the LORD open their eyes, that He draw them to Him to save them and fill them with the Holy Spirit. That is what I pray for.

Speaking of spoken curses it is good to remember this scripture if you are a believer and use it as the LORD leads you! Ask the Holy Spirit to show you what words have been spoken against you and condemn the tongues that have risen up in judgment against you. This is the responsibility and part of the servant- and the LORD's part is to fulfill his word. His Word does not return back void unto Him - it will perform the work it was sent to do. Amen? Amen!

Isaiah 54 17 no weapon forged against you will prevail and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD and this is their vindication from me declares the LORD.

Context
Future Blessings for Zion
16"Behold, I Myself have created the smith who blows the fire of coals And brings out a weapon for its work; And I have created the destroyer to ruin.17"No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their vindication is from Me," declares the LORD.

The Catholic people are unaware of the evil that is going on in there and I pray for their deliverance from it. I pray the LORD moves mightily to save all those that he will save out of the Roman Catholicism. I pray the LORD open their eyes, that He draw them to Him to save them and fill them with the Holy Spirit. That is what I pray for.
But you said at the beginning of this thread that we should bless and not curse.

Haven't you just broken your own advise?

But you said at the beginning of this thread that we should bless and not curse.

No. The Word of God says that I am to expose the hidden works of darkness. It also commands me not to call good evil or evil good.

It is written!

Ephesians 5 11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness but rather expose them.

Isaiah 5 20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil who put darkness for light and light for darkness who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

Proverbs 17 15 Acquitting the guilty and condemning the innocent-- the LORD detests them both.

Last edited:

It is good to bless the LORD - to bless His Holy Name for all He has done for us. It is good to bless the LORD with and sing praises unto our God as He is Worthy!

No. The Word of God says that I am to expose the hidden works of darkness. It also commands me not to call good evil or evil good.

It is written!

Ephesians 5 11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness but rather expose them.

Isaiah 5 20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil who put darkness for light and light for darkness who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
You use the Bible as a weapon to bash people with. Is that really what Jesus wants you to do?

jeremiah said:

blackrook said:

jeremiah said:

It is written!

What does God say about the sin of pride, Jeri?

What does he say about those who allege themselves to be His followers, but whose boastings actually drive people away from wanting to know Him?

Remember this story, Jeri?

Luke 18:9-14 KJV said:
9 And He spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 "Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted."

Luke 18 9-14 KJV - And he spake this parable unto certain - Bible Gateway

Care to venture a guess which of the two people in Christ's story there that most folks here on the USMB think you do yourself most closely resemble, Jeri?

Think hard now. :thup:

The problem with your approach Jeremiah, is that people who are exploring Christianity look at forums like this. For everyone who posts, there are dozens of lurkers who never say a word.

But they are watching us Christians, seeing how we behave. What you're doing is driving people away.

And now your hostility to Catholicism has caused me to start my own thread bashing Protestants.

You are a bad example to Christians, you are a bad example to people who are exploring Christianity, and you are a great recruiter for atheists who can point at you and say -- "Look at how Christians behave! Do you really want to be one of them?"

We are known as His disciples by the love we show, not the church we belong to. Growing up in a town predominately Catholic, and remaining close to my friends as adults, and while the RCC is off the charts with dogma, it's parishioners are some of the most loving, giving people I know. They live for the Lord, and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

This is such a timely news article concerning being a positive voice in a negative world! Our world is barraged with negative words and so few are blessing others with their tongues! In light of all the negative talk in recent times this is the perfect time to be reminded of what the LORD expects of us! Life and death are in the tongue! We must choose life!

Read this article and ask yourselves this question? Am I blessing others with my tongue? Do I bless Israel with my tongue? This is a great reminder for us all!

“By the blessing of the upright a city is exalted, but by the mouth of the wicked it is torn down.” (Proverbs 11:11)

western-wall-kotel.jpg

“The world surrounds us with negativity. The common news channels format is a split screen with two or more commentators spewing foul remarks at one another. Professional athletes ‘smack talk’ their opponents before or after competing. Facebook, Twitter and countless internet sites provide a forum for people to express critical, harsh comments about those they don’t like. We are barraged with pessimism and disapproval at every turn. Positive words provide a counterbalance. That is what this book is about,” Osborne explained.

Speaking of, may submit personal prayers local Jews will copy onto paper and go physically place in the Wall for free (though site asks for a donation after you submit them.)
Place a Note in the Wall

western-wall-kotel.jpg

Very nice, so why do you speak poorly against Catholics? Is that being a "positive voice"?

Forum List

Back