Be a Patriot!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Buy American! I like this trend! I personally have purchased toys there. Heck if I have to go to a zillion kids birthdays, mind as well help out the American economy with it!

Made in the USA: New Web Site Promotes American Products - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

QUEENS, N.Y. — In just a month since its official launch, a new Web site MadeInUSA has signed up more than 350,000 U.S.-based companies looking to encourage consumers to "be American and buy American."

Creators of the site hope to ensure that as many jobs as possible stay in the U.S. rather than be outsourced overseas.

For 50 years now, Mountain and Sackett, a tie manufacturer with a plant in Long Island City, N.Y., has made beautiful ties mostly by hand. Some 50 employees, some who have been with the company for decades, stitch meticulously for 40 hours a week. They get healthcare benefits too.

With a growing number of Americans opting to buy cheaper garments that are imported from outside the country — Mountain and Sackett has had to be creative in its approach to generating sales, all while trying to keep its workforce employed and the family atmosphere of the company in tact.

I once told all my friends that if they didn't buy Detroit, they were unpatriotic to their city. They looked at me like I was crazy as hell.

Proved a damn good point though.

We must start seeing more manufacturing in America. However, some of the present trends are really disturbing. We have seen massive investment in Solar here in Oregon, factories being built everywhere. By Chinese, Germans, and Japanese. And the company that I work for was sold to a Russian company in 2007. No complaints about the new owners, they have treated their work force here very well. However, is it wise for the only plant capable of rolling armor plate and titanium on the West Coast to be owned by a Russian, or any other nation other than US, company?

I once told all my friends that if they didn't buy Detroit, they were unpatriotic to their city. They looked at me like I was crazy as hell.

That isn't entirely true! Hondas, Mitsubshis and Toyotas are primarily made stateside just like the Big 3! Buying from anyone of those auto makers is buying from American made cars!

We must start seeing more manufacturing in America. However, some of the present trends are really disturbing. We have seen massive investment in Solar here in Oregon, factories being built everywhere. By Chinese, Germans, and Japanese. And the company that I work for was sold to a Russian company in 2007. No complaints about the new owners, they have treated their work force here very well. However, is it wise for the only plant capable of rolling armor plate and titanium on the West Coast to be owned by a Russian, or any other nation other than US, company?

If they keep the jobs stateside who gives a shit who the owners are! You do realize there and many many more US owned companies in Russia and China, then there are Russian and Chinese owned companies in America! It matters where the plants are located and not who owns them.

I work for a British company, do I give a shit that its British? Nope!

That isn't entirely true! Hondas, Mitsubshis and Toyotas are primarily made stateside just like the Big 3! Buying from anyone of those auto makers is buying from American made cars!

The point I was trying to make was that protectionism of any kind is Bullshit. Buy Human.

The point I was trying to make was that protectionism of any kind is Bullshit. Buy Human.

Not in this world we live in. Buy America means something! Heck I wish I could say buy IL, but I don't thing we make a damn thing! Too many liberal Democrats taxing and regulating business out of the State!

Not in this world we live in. Buy America means something! Heck I wish I could say buy IL, but I don't thing we make a damn thing! Too many liberal Democrats taxing and regulating business out of the State!

Well I agree with you on overregulation. We need free trade... inside and outside this country. That's the only real path to prosperity.

Forum List

Back