BDS Goes For Deadly

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
The rage from the Left must stop, there are unhinged leftist, as there are rightwing nuts:

Bomb suspect killed self; blasted Rove, Cheney and Bush in note : Updates : The Rocky Mountain News

Bomb suspect killed self; blasted Rove, Cheney and Bush in note
Associated Press
Published January 1, 2009 at 7:58 a.m.
Updated January 1, 2009 at 11:57 a.m.

View a larger image of Blanning's typed letter delivered to Aspen banks Wednesday afternoon. WARNING: GRAPHIC LANGUAGE

ASPEN — A man who left bomb threats and homemade bombs around Aspen on New Year's Eve shot and killed himself in his car a few hours after his threats cleared much of the resort town, Aspen Police said.

Assistant Aspen Police Chief Bill Linn said James Chester Blanning, 72, walked into two Aspen banks Wednesday afternoon and left packages wrapped in holiday paper along with notes saying the boxes contained bombs. The notes threatened "mass death" and demanded $60,000 cash, along with criticisms of President George Bush, Linn said...

Yup. But McViegh and Nichols seem to be a bit more effective than this fellow. Fruitcakes that have to use violence against their fellow citizens to make a political point are from both ends of the spectrum.

The BDS is inciting, as did the Clinton nonsense from the right.

There is no rage from the left or rage from the left.

It's simply rage from wingnuts who are so obsessed with one side of an argument that they could not see logic if it slapped them in the face.

That includes both sides of the political spectrum. Hell, we've already seen so much "rage" from the right because Obama has been elected; he hasn't even taken office yet for Republicans and others to begin blaming life's problems on him and him alone.

You mean people are for others having the right to die with dignity if they so choose?

Some are, some aren't.

Here's my take on 'dying with dignity.' Leave and make known your desires. Make it logical, thankfully my parents did and for my mom it was really important, as for nearly 4 years it would be hard to say she was 'competent.'

While they were healthy, in their late 50's they gave over power of medical attorney to my brother and I jointly, if the other was not able to. Meaning my father really kept say over my mom, as he was able. But with a reminder my dad chose a pacemaker without the electro-shock feature, thanks to our having medical say. He ultimately made the decision, but the fact that he'd pondered the issue when healthy, made our input with him salient. Ironically the cardiologist convinced all of us that his quality of life made the electro-shock a reasonable thing. (Which is why everyone should have a basic understanding of the terminologies involved with these decisions.) We all listened and concurred.

When my dad was diagnosed with cancer, his immediate reaction was to let nature take its course. After listening to oncologist, cardiologist, he was convinced to start oral chemo, with the understanding if it proved debilitating, he'd stop. It didn't and he had another 9 months with good quality of life, though lost his hair-at 86 not a bad trade-off. When it failed, he refused radiation and my brother and I supported his decision. About a month later, he became ill and died 3 days later, the last in a coma.

To me, that is 'with dignity.'

My mom's case was harder as she had two severe strokes, that debilitated her, but still left her cognizant in many ways. She couldn't tell you what $10 would buy, but could tell you all the contenders for president in the 2004 election, both parties.

The first serious stroke was nearly 10 years before she died, during which time my parents moved to FL from IL for 4 years, coming 'home' from Nov-Jan, I know they were odd, but family meant a lot. My brother and I and our families visited them often, nothing like FL in July, :rolleyes: , but we always had a great time.

When they came up for my youngest son's 'graduation' from middle school, my mom broke her hip, from that point on, they were 'here.' For the first 6 months at my brother's ranch house, but with the second hip break, they moved in with me.

We were fortunate as they had the money to hire 24 hours nursing care, for nearly 3 years. It wiped my dad out financially, but he didn't care. During those years we went through 9/11, with my mom and her Ukrainian nurse. My down's afflicted sister died, we didn't tell my mom, which nearly killed my dad. About 9 months before she died, she became too weak to keep at home, she trying to 'get out of the house to go to church at 2am', the chance of her breaking bones was too high. We had to put her in nursing home.

My dad visited her most days at least 2X a day, always at least once. I got there at least 4 times a week, always on Sunday. On Sunday all the family showed up, the 'kids' when not at university for 9 am mass. Then to the 'coffee shop' at the home, where we all would catch up on what was going on. My brother visited my mom at least 3X a week, though he lived/worked 45 minutes away. Both his and my kids when home would see her and take her out when the weather permitted.

The idea that we would go along with 'suicide' of the elderly, it's just wrong. They have so much to give to the younger generation and temper the middle generation. To deny that is to deny our basic humanity.

Here's my take on 'dying with dignity.' Leave and make known your desires. Make it logical, thankfully my parents did and for my mom it was really important, as for nearly 4 years it would be hard to say she was 'competent.'

While they were healthy, in their late 50's they gave over power of medical attorney to my brother and I jointly, if the other was not able to. Meaning my father really kept say over my mom, as he was able. But with a reminder my dad chose a pacemaker without the electro-shock feature, thanks to our having medical say. He ultimately made the decision, but the fact that he'd pondered the issue when healthy, made our input with him salient. Ironically the cardiologist convinced all of us that his quality of life made the electro-shock a reasonable thing. (Which is why everyone should have a basic understanding of the terminologies involved with these decisions.) We all listened and concurred.

When my dad was diagnosed with cancer, his immediate reaction was to let nature take its course. After listening to oncologist, cardiologist, he was convinced to start oral chemo, with the understanding if it proved debilitating, he'd stop. It didn't and he had another 9 months with good quality of life, though lost his hair-at 86 not a bad trade-off. When it failed, he refused radiation and my brother and I supported his decision. About a month later, he became ill and died 3 days later, the last in a coma.

To me, that is 'with dignity.'

My mom's case was harder as she had two severe strokes, that debilitated her, but still left her cognizant in many ways. She couldn't tell you what $10 would buy, but could tell you all the contenders for president in the 2004 election, both parties.

The first serious stroke was nearly 10 years before she died, during which time my parents moved to FL from IL for 4 years, coming 'home' from Nov-Jan, I know they were odd, but family meant a lot. My brother and I and our families visited them often, nothing like FL in July, :rolleyes: , but we always had a great time.

When they came up for my youngest son's 'graduation' from middle school, my mom broke her hip, from that point on, they were 'here.' For the first 6 months at my brother's ranch house, but with the second hip break, they moved in with me.

We were fortunate as they had the money to hire 24 hours nursing care, for nearly 3 years. It wiped my dad out financially, but he didn't care. During those years we went through 9/11, with my mom and her Ukrainian nurse. My down's afflicted sister died, we didn't tell my mom, which nearly killed my dad. About 9 months before she died, she became too weak to keep at home, she trying to 'get out of the house to go to church at 2am', the chance of her breaking bones was too high. We had to put her in nursing home.

My dad visited her most days at least 2X a day, always at least once. I got there at least 4 times a week, always on Sunday. On Sunday all the family showed up, the 'kids' when not at university for 9 am mass. Then to the 'coffee shop' at the home, where we all would catch up on what was going on. My brother visited my mom at least 3X a week, though he lived/worked 45 minutes away. Both his and my kids when home would see her and take her out when the weather permitted.

The idea that we would go along with 'suicide' of the elderly, it's just wrong. They have so much to give to the younger generation and temper the middle generation. To deny that is to deny our basic humanity.

Great and touching story Annie, truly was.

Assisted Suicide is not just for the elderly though. Which is where your argument falls apart as to not have it. There is also Hospice Care which is similar though not as direct as assisted suicide.

Last edited:
Great and touching story Annie, truly was.

Assisted Suicide is not just for the elderly though. Which is where your argument falls apart as to not have it. There is also Hospice Care which is similar though not as direct as assisted suicide.

My mom was in hospice care, for nearly two years. :eek: It was good, for her and family. I just don't believe that anyone needs to be 'helped along' to death, though fully support refusing treatments if it's for the comfort of the patient.

just for clarification from a right winger. it's not so much that obamalama was elected that enrages us. it's they way he was elected. the thuggery, the intimidation, the lies and unadulteratred hatred from the left shown toward Republicans but also toward the Democrats rivalry within their own party... yep, you bought it you own it so stop whining about it. You will get respect when you learn to give it. Now. enjoy your time in office. you made a lot of big time promises, now let's see some results.. you said you could fix things. now fix em. :lol:

My mom was in hospice care, for nearly two years. :eek: It was good, for her and family. I just don't believe that anyone needs to be 'helped along' to death, though fully support refusing treatments if it's for the comfort of the patient.

My grandfather was in hospice care, though not for too long as he was already sick. That's how I know about it.

just for clarification from a right winger. it's not so much that obamalama was elected that enrages us. it's they way he was elected. the thuggery, the intimidation, the lies and unadulteratred hatred from the left shown toward Republicans but also toward the Democrats rivalry within their own party... yep, you bought it you own it so stop whining about it. You will get respect when you learn to give it. Now. enjoy your time in office. you made a lot of big time promises, now let's see some results.. you said you could fix things. now fix em. :lol:

Go read about the Mob and The Presidency for the last 80 years or so. From the 1920's to Ronald Reagan and beyond.

Or how about everything you named but from Republicans?

Stop acting like it's only Democrats who do such things Willow, it's hypocrital of you.

My grandfather was in hospice care, though not for too long as he was already sick. That's how I know about it.

Because of my nephew I know of a 6 year old in hospice. Again, good for family, but no one is saying to kill him, in the sense of 'They kill horses, don't they?'

Go read about the Mob and The Presidency for the last 80 years or so. From the 1920's to Ronald Reagan and beyond.

Or how about everything you named but from Republicans?

Stop acting like it's only Democrats who do such things Willow, it's hypocrital of you.

I rest my case!

Because of my nephew I know of a 6 year old in hospice. Again, good for family, but no one is saying to kill him, in the sense of 'They kill horses, don't they?'

No, of course not.

But the horse never really has a choice in the matter does it?

You're not killing yourself, but letting yourself die much more slowly.

Some prefer to do one or the other.

Its for the person to deside.

Certain realities of their health needs to be present and agreed upon by a pannel of Drs. and then the individual can be allowed to hasten the enevitable.

It should be about the avoidance of pain and suffering and only the person themselves can be allowed to deside.

No one is going to get to deside someone elses death. Its all in how you set it up people.

Forum List

Back