BBC's "The Mormon Candidate"

Another point for the dirty-picture taker...

How is a news organization that is entirely dependent on corporate sponsorship any less unbiased?

It would seem to me that if you are doing news to sell corn-flakes, news that corn-flakes are toxic would never get reported.

Another point for the dirty-picture taker...

How is a news organization that is entirely dependent on corporate sponsorship any less unbiased?

It would seem to me that if you are doing news to sell corn-flakes, news that corn-flakes are toxic would never get reported.

Anything not organic is toxic. No news there. No film at 11.

They tried this same noinsense on JFK citing his being Catholic would mean he'd be getting all his instructions from the Pope and it would turn us all into papists.
What a sad attempt to discredit a candidate. The Democrats are really desperate.

First, this documentary was made by the BBC. The Democrats won't touch the Mormon issue with a ten foot pole.

Secondly, if Kennedy were a Bishop and had put all his records of all his church dealings under lock and key, you might have a point.

Romney was a Bishop. He also became a Stake President, which is pretty much like an ArchBishop. Given that, more scrutiny is required.

If the Catholics had secret ceremonies, secret oaths, and a arm of the church that went around spying on ex-members and apostates, I'd be worried about them, too.

What records under lock and key? What records do you think Bishops have?

Well, how about that lady he tried to intimidate into giving up her out of wedlock child with the threat of excommunication.

Mitt Romney threatened pregnant, unwed mom with excommunication, book claims

Mitt Romney once demanded that a single mom give up her baby for adoption or face excommunication from the church, according to excerpts from a new biography by two Boston Globe journalists.

Romney allegedly made the threat while serving as bishop of a Mormon congregation near Boston in the early 1980s, a passage in "The Real Romney," by Michael Kranish and Scott Helman, claims.
The passage tells the story of Peggie Hayes, a divorcee and single mother of two, the second a son born out of wedlock.

Hayes said she worked as a babysitter and cleaner of sorts for the Romney family when they lived in the Boston area. "Mitt was really good to us. He did a lot for us," Hayes reportedly said.

However, she said, Romney visited her apartment when she was pregnant and began to talk about the church’s adoption agency, telling her that the church encouraged adoption in cases where "a successful marriage is unlikely."

When she objected to the suggestion that she give up her child, she recalls Romney saying: "Well, this is what the church wants you to do, and if you don’t, then you could be excommunicated for failing to follow the leadership of the church."

Hmmmmm.....

[quot

Anyone that takes the BBC as an objective unbiased investigative entity is BAT SHIT CRAZY

I'm still waiting for you to point out ONE THING they got wrong.

Come on, just one.

You can do it.

If anything, I thought they went a bit soft. The reality of the LDS cult is a lot worse.

Nothing in their report about the CURRENT Mormon church.

Actually, they talked very little about the Church's history in this report.

So tell me what they got wrong about the Church and it CURRENT practices.

Again.. Thanks.

I'm still waiting for you to point out ONE THING they got wrong.

Come on, just one.

You can do it.

If anything, I thought they went a bit soft. The reality of the LDS cult is a lot worse.

Nothing in their report about the CURRENT Mormon church.

Actually, they talked very little about the Church's history in this report.

So tell me what they got wrong about the Church and it CURRENT practices.

Again.. Thanks.

BS, 95% of it was about the ploygamists and fundamentalists, NOT the current Mormon church.
Where are the 5 other wives Romney has Joe?
You obviously have them hid taking dirty pictures of them on the side for Beaver Hunt.
You go Joe!

BS, 95% of it was about the ploygamists and fundamentalists, NOT the current Mormon church.
Where are the 5 other wives Romney has Joe?
You obviously have them hid taking dirty pictures of them on the side for Beaver Hunt.
You go Joe!

Um.. they spent all of ten minutes on them, and frankly, what they said about them was kind of favorable. Where they had an issue was the harrassment these people get from the mainline LDS who don't like reminders that they used to practice polygamy.

They spent a lot more time talking about how they spy on apostates, use their money to influence politics and generally act in a secretive manner.

But the most damning stuff is when you let them speak for themselves, like the one LDS guy who claimed there wasn't an organization that spied on ex-Mormons, then admitted there was.

The Mormons have no problem violating the consitutution by imposing the only theocracy we have in this country....

Personally, I'm tired of dangerous cults that screw with kids heads and hide behind the First Amendment to protect their shennanigans.

As a wise man said, "The Constitution is not a suicide pact."

There are no theocracies in this country.

Mormons, for one, are ruled by a theocracy.

Silly me. I could have sworn I lived in A Constitutional Republic.

First, this documentary was made by the BBC. The Democrats won't touch the Mormon issue with a ten foot pole.

Secondly, if Kennedy were a Bishop and had put all his records of all his church dealings under lock and key, you might have a point.

Romney was a Bishop. He also became a Stake President, which is pretty much like an ArchBishop. Given that, more scrutiny is required.

If the Catholics had secret ceremonies, secret oaths, and a arm of the church that went around spying on ex-members and apostates, I'd be worried about them, too.

What records under lock and key? What records do you think Bishops have?

Well, how about that lady he tried to intimidate into giving up her out of wedlock child with the threat of excommunication.

Mitt Romney threatened pregnant, unwed mom with excommunication, book claims

Mitt Romney once demanded that a single mom give up her baby for adoption or face excommunication from the church, according to excerpts from a new biography by two Boston Globe journalists.

Romney allegedly made the threat while serving as bishop of a Mormon congregation near Boston in the early 1980s, a passage in "The Real Romney," by Michael Kranish and Scott Helman, claims.
The passage tells the story of Peggie Hayes, a divorcee and single mother of two, the second a son born out of wedlock.

Hayes said she worked as a babysitter and cleaner of sorts for the Romney family when they lived in the Boston area. "Mitt was really good to us. He did a lot for us," Hayes reportedly said.

However, she said, Romney visited her apartment when she was pregnant and began to talk about the church’s adoption agency, telling her that the church encouraged adoption in cases where "a successful marriage is unlikely."

When she objected to the suggestion that she give up her child, she recalls Romney saying: "Well, this is what the church wants you to do, and if you don’t, then you could be excommunicated for failing to follow the leadership of the church."

Hmmmmm.....

First, the story is nonsense.

Second, do you think there is some file in SLC of everything a Bishop does or says?

Mormons, for one, are ruled by a theocracy.

If you're a mormon, you live by whatever code the church tells you to live by. Or are you going to go tell your pastor that you won't follow their rules anymore?

do you know what a theocracy is? Because it doesnt seem like you do.

They tried this same noinsense on JFK citing his being Catholic would mean he'd be getting all his instructions from the Pope and it would turn us all into papists.
What a sad attempt to discredit a candidate. The Democrats are really desperate.

Boy Howdy. You guys are really scraping the bottom aren't you??:D

Boy Howdy. You guys are really scraping the bottom aren't you??:D

And BTW have you ever read the history of the Catholic Church? It reads like a horror novel. Nice try, no cigar.

If you're a mormon, you live by whatever code the church tells you to live by. Or are you going to go tell your pastor that you won't follow their rules anymore?

do you know what a theocracy is? Because it doesnt seem like you do.

From wiki: "Theocracy is a form of government in which official policy is governed by immediate divine guidance or by officials who are regarded as (or claim to be) divinely guided, or is pursuant to the doctrine of a particular religion or religious group."

A religious hierarchy is a form of government of the church, and they tell you what to do and what undies to wear even.

Preserving the Constitution is going to create a Mormon theocracy?

These people that try to pit religions against each other are worse than the religions themselves. If that's possible.

What did I do. All religions have made up of books of nonsense. They know the other books exists that's a day in and day out battle between them, what did I do. :confused:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back