BBC's Controversial Interview With Dr. David Starkey

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Swagger, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Swagger

Swagger Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,512
    I'm genuinely shocked that this explosive interview, of which has been the talk of Britain since its broadcast, hasn't been linked by anyone here on USMB.

The BBC has notoriously maintained a slavishly PC, left-wing bias, but unexpectedly let the horse bolt during an interview with the eminent historian David Starkey. Starkey's well-known for not letting other people's feelings get in the way of his opinion, and has now caused serious controversy by voicing his opinion on national television over some of the root causes of the riots and looting in London.

Note: This is the first time (ever) that an episode of the highly regarded Newsnight (or any BBC broadcast transcribed to the internet) has been permanently withdrawn from the BBC's taxpayer-funded iplayer (an online resource that allows viewers to re-watch programmes at their leisure).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVq2bs8M9HM"]Starkey gives the PC brigade both barrels over what he percieves to be negative cultural intrusions in the UK.[/ame]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Anyone who really pays attention to what he says would agree with him. Instead, hysterical left wingers call him a racist. Pathetic.

3. Swagger

Swagger Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,512
    I agree entirely, California Girl.

And another thing. Why is it that whenever a mainstream channel like the BBC hosts a debate on a controversial or taboo topic, those taking part in the debate who are right of centre are always (and I mean always) outnumbered by liberal left-wingers?

4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I wonder that every time I watch QT. How the hell do they manage to keep any conservatives out of the audience?

5. Swagger

Swagger Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,512
    The disproportionate balance of political allegiance among the panel embodies the polar opposite of what the BBC and mainstream media preaches, equality. The interview was loaded against him from the start. He had to forcefully make himself heard above the two flanking liberals. And who's even heard of Dreda Say Mitchell or Owen Jones, anyway? The BBC must have some sort of rotating, right-wing opposition roster. 'Yeah, hi, we've got an articulate right-wing guest on the show tonight. Do you think you'd be able to come along and act and as a liberal mouthpiece?'

Don't get me started on Question Time. We stopped watching it after it became obvious that the audience was being seeded by liberals who would stand-up whenever the conservatives were making an obvious point and say with absolutely no relevance: 'That's all well and good, but what are you doing about the war in Afghanistan'. After which all their cronies would begin drowning-out the reply by applauding and jeering in unison.

Anyway, here's an insightful (compared to the left-wing media's rabid frothing at the mouth) article from the Telegraph by Toby Young defending Starkey.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  6. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Starkey's mistake was to make reference to 'black gansta' instead of just 'gansta' but the point is absolutely valid. I watched these little brats on tv whining about not getting a job and thought to myself "I wouldn't give you a job. You can't speak the Queen's English'. Who the hell is gonna employ a kid who can't construct a sentence, ends every sentence with "innit?" and speaks with that ridiculous 'Jamaican Yardy' accent?

QT makes me laugh.... it's so painfully biased to the left that I sometimes wonder how the BBC has the audacity to expect conservatives to contribute towards their upkeep.

7. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,779
    Interesting. It is a shame that this Starkey cannot speak American. He was extremely hard to understand with his dialect that sounds as if he has a stick up his ass, a stick up his nose, and a mouth full of marbles. He really should better himself if he wants to enjoy a wider audience. Why, he should follow the lead of the few successful Brits that existed. For instance, Cary Grant talked like an American and therefore became an extremely successful movie star. Groups like the Beatles, The Rolling Stones and all those that followed were successful why? because they sang in American not whatever weird UK dialect they actually spoke!

But I suppose it would be bigoted of me to disparage someone else's dialect.

But what I did understand from this man's chatter was this:

The riots happened because white people act like black people (because black is bad!).
    Some black guy talks like a white guy and therefore should be commended (because black is bad!)
    Black people are bad (because black is bad!)
    Black people should talk like white people (because black is bad!).
    White people should not talk like black people (because black is bad!).

If I misinterpreted any of that, Swaggert, please let me know which part I misunderstood.

I wonder what this guy thought of Elvis Presley as he looks old enough to have been shocked that Elvis sang black songs and sometimes acted black!!!

8. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Trust you to completely misinterpret it, Ravi. :lol::lol::lol:

There is no 'black' dialect. There are a vast amount of British kids - black and white - who, instead of talking in their regional dialect (which would be expected) have affected this ridiculous and laughable 'Jamaican Yardy' speak. It makes them sound stupid. And saying 'innit' after every sentence hardly instills confidence in a future employer who might want to employ that kid in a customer focused environment. Those kids are making themselves unemployable.

9. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,779
    What the heck is a Jamaican Yardy, some type of English terrier?

10. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Yardie terror grips London | UK news | The Observer

Originally from Jamaica, the 'Yardies' are basically a gang who have since moved into the UK.

Now, for them to speak with a Jamaican accent, no problem. But these kids, British kids - black and white - are adopting their accent. It is ridiculous. It's not a race thing, Rav, no need to get all outraged... it's a stupid kid thing - one that, unfortunately, they don't seem to grow out of. And it is, frankly, making them unemployable. If you can't speak clearly, how can someone employ you in a customer focused role?