Baucus claims it's too difficult to put health care bill online

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
Baucus claims it's too difficult to put health care bill online | Washington Examiner

snip,
Baucus’ excuse - that it would take his committee staff two weeks to post the bill online – sounds a little crazy too.

A little crazy? How about a flat out lie.
I don't care what kind of format that bill is in, be it MS Word, hand written, typed the old fashioned way on a typewriter, or Lotus Notes, I could put it into an Adobe pdf format and get it posted on the internet in under 10 minutes.
He's full of shit, he just doesn't want you to be able to read what is in it.

Mr Obama said that prior to the house and senate voting on a bill, he would make sure it was published online for 2 weeks so that the people could see what was in it. It was part of his "transparency in government" claim.
Let's see if he holds up his end of the bargain on this one. We all know the congress-creeps won't, now is his chance.

The bill is already online, along with a list of the proposed amendments. I don't know why they can't just have someone type them in as they are approved/discarded real time. They could add the general gist of whatever amendment hasn't been codified. But some staffer should be able to rattle that stuff off pretty easily.

Baucus is butthead.

The bill is already online, along with a list of the proposed amendments. I don't know why they can't just have someone type them in as they are approved/discarded real time. They could add the general gist of whatever amendment hasn't been codified. But some staffer should be able to rattle that stuff off pretty easily.

Baucus is butthead.

The original House bill is online, not the senate version nor the altered house versions.
Transparency in government is a lie.

He's not Full of shit, he's a Librul. What he says makes perfect sense.

See putting the bill online will cause a surge in people using computers to access and read the bill thereby causing a surge in Man-made Global Warming; he's saving the planet by not putting the bill online

See putting the bill online will cause a surge in people using computers to access and read the bill thereby causing a surge in Man-made Global Warming; he's saving the planet by not putting the bill online

Well, that and when the original house version was posted it caused an upswell in citizen involvement. They wouldn't want that to happen again.

The really sad thing is that this is what I do for a living, set up networks with real time information for small companies so they can access invoices and inventory from anywhere as well as sync up their terminals and registers so it remains up to the minute ... it wouldn't be any different to do it for a bill, actually, it would be easier.

Baucus is butthead.

The original House bill is online, not the senate version nor the altered house versions.

All of the bills are online. You are as big a butthead as Baucus.

Finance

Link to Senate Finance Committee Legislation^

Baucus is butthead.

All of the bills are online. You are as big a butthead as Baucus.

Finance

Link to Senate Finance Committee Legislation^
Don't fall for the simple stuff, Baucus claims it's too difficult to put health care bill online | Washington Examiner

well, if the DUmbass cannot manage to put it online then how does he think he can manage to run it? doyathink?

Did you read the article? I think the CBO analysis will take two weeks not the bill itself.

Baucus’ excuse - that it would take his committee staff two weeks to post the bill online – sounds a little crazy too. Finance Committee members are the only ones who vote based on the “plain English” version of a bill, not the legally-binding language.

If that's true^ they all need to be thrown out.

I'm not sure the person that wrote this article is a reputable person.

Did you read the article? I think the CBO analysis will take two weeks not the bill itself.

Baucus’ excuse - that it would take his committee staff two weeks to post the bill online – sounds a little crazy too. Finance Committee members are the only ones who vote based on the “plain English” version of a bill, not the legally-binding language.

If that's true^ they all need to be thrown out.

I'm not sure the person that wrote this article is a reputable person.

As I said earlier,
Mr Obama said that prior to the house and senate voting on a bill, he would make sure it was published online for 2 weeks so that the people could see what was in it. It was part of his "transparency in government" claim.
Let's see if he holds up his end of the bargain on this one. We all know the congress-creeps won't, now is his chance.
Let's see if the final version is posted for two weeks prior to voting, then we will talk about reputation.

I still think the article is poorly written. The CBO analysis isn't up yet, but the bill is, I can read it. I don't want this POS and want Obama to run with one of the house bills instead.

Baucus is full of shit in general. He's on the Health Companies payroll which everyone in Washington seems to ignore. Not even Republicans are mentioning it. Probably because they're all on someone else's payroll too. But seriously, the evidence is there, nobody just cares to point at it.

Baucus is not Liberal. He's a Bluedog Democrat whose bill is a gift to the insurance industry, from which he's accepted about $3,000,000.

Forum List

Back