Baucus Bill would reduce Fed. Deficit

The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : CBO Says Baucus Bill Will Reduce Deficit by $81 Billion

Now, I am sure there are other reasons to vote "NO!" on reform. Let the whining begin!

if the uninsured get coverage and the cost is really this low i say- sounds good.

The fact is, the majority of the GOP do not see their main objective as health care reform. Their main objective is to take Obama down. Until that changes, everyone loses.

The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : CBO Says Baucus Bill Will Reduce Deficit by $81 Billion

Now, I am sure there are other reasons to vote "NO!" on reform. Let the whining begin!

if the uninsured get coverage and the cost is really this low i say- sounds good.

The fact is, the majority of the GOP do not see their main objective as health care reform. Their main objective is to take Obama down. Until that changes, everyone loses.

This is not health care "reform" you Obummer lemmings. It's just another expansionary government program targeting the CONTROL of the American people...and therefore the Dimwit voting base...but still leaving 25 million w/out health care....what it's really going to do is mainly expand the Medicaid program....a welfare program! And that program is already bleeding red...why not "reform" that program first?

And to pay for this expanded welfare the seniors on Medicare will be getting their health care CUT. Real nice.

And any "projected" 800 billion or so is absolutely NO GUARANTEE that it will stay at that level....have you ever heard of a government program that did??? The Medicare program was "projected" to cost only 12 billion in 1990 but it actually cost over 100 billion. The SCHIP was "projected" to cost only 40 billion over 10 years but that figure has almost doubled. Please take a reality pill...

This CBO report is strictly PRELIMIINARY....nothing to actually go by since the numbers will change once there is actual written legislation....it's just a guesstimate....but it's great fodder for the politicians to convince blithering idiots....so they can quickly ram through legislation (still yet to be written).... which the American people will not be able to see...maybe the real "reform" is learning how to become commie fascists...

It's not about health care....it's about power. You can bet GOP wants to take that sob down...

OK, lets get one thing straight...This is not the bill that will be implemented, or even voted on. There will be a lot of add ons with the blending and manipulation from the politicians, that will cause a big increase. Baucus bill doesn't have the "public option", that Pelosi demands. That is just for starters....next would be the fraud that we see from other government medical programs that isn't accounted in the Baucus bill, to the tune of 20% fraud and waste.
After that....they are counting on the interest rate to remain the same over the next 10 years, well if your a realist, you know that isn't going to happen.
Hate to burst any bubbles...but I live in the real world, while some on here (Eric) like the pie in the sky fantasy.

There's one small problem: there is no "Baucus bill". The CBO gave an estimate of Baucus' proposals, but also gave the disclaimer on the very first page: “CBO and JCT’s analysis is preliminary in large part because the Chairman’s mark, as amended, has not yet been embodied in legislative language.” Their estimate doesn't account for potential burden on state budgets and future appropriations and the cost of implementation.

But you know, don't let any of that stop you from wagging your finger in our faces. :lol:

We're talking about a congress that voted on bills they only have had hours to read before a vote. Also, what's to stop them from sliding something else into the bill right before the vote.

Anyone that understands the Austrian Theory understands why redistribution and government price fixing will fail. Plus history has the evidence that government caused the healthcare crises! Remember the 1970's and what was past?

Sorry, wrong thread. I thought this was about the bill I sponsored while I was in Congress in the ten days before I was impeached.

My Bacchus Bill 69. The proposal to replace all free public water with free public wine.

For some reason I could not get fundamentalist Christians on board despite Jesus doing the very same thing?

Last edited:
Pretty sure that SocSec and Medicare will swamp these imaginary "Savings" In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if CBO also projected huge surpluses for Medicare at some point

I would really like to see an energized based focused on the principals of sound money because if we had sound money and no Federal Reserve these dreams of the Welfare/Warfare state wouldn't be possible.

According to CBO’s and JCT’s assessment, enacting H.R. 3200 would result in a
net increase in the federal budget deficit of $239 billion over the 2010-2019 period.
That estimate reflects a projected 10-year cost of the bill’s insurance coverage
provisions of $1,042 billion, partly offset by net spending changes that CBO
estimates would save $219 billion over the same period, and by revenue provisions
that JCT estimates would increase federal revenues by about $583 billion over those
10 years.

That is the CBO estimate of the last bill with legislative language in it. So before you get all happy about the impact of proposals from the Baucus Committee that do not contain legislative language yet much less has not been voted on or amended or gone into conference to be combined with the house bill. So rather than celebrate this news of no impact you may want to focus on the fact that as people struggle in economically hard times, both bills contain tax increases to pay for it, not to mention the the bedrock of the bills that contain this so called mandate which will never work and I will tell you why. Let's forget for a moment that it may not meet the constiutional test and will face challenges in many states before it's enacted into law. The bill will place a up to 700 plus dollar penalty on young people who do not obtain insurance, however insurance coverage will cost somewhere around 2500 to 4000 a year so which do you think these young people wil choose to do? Further with deductions, the 700 plus dollar penalty will be offset anyway and if these young people get sick or the poor who choose not to they end up at emergency rooms and your right back to square one. The facts are these bills offer nothing in the way of real healthcare reform and if anyone wanted healthcare reform then they woould actually advocate it, rather than expecting results through punishment. Healthcare costs can be fixed and brought down and made affordable if Govt. applied common sense to the issue rather than a heavy hand. You want to see national healthcare in action, next time you go to the airport and see TSA in action and stand in line and complain because there are 10 lanes of secuirty and one lane open and 70 TSA agents standing around, you have a good idea of Govt. mandated healthcare, enjoy.

Liberals love to talk about how irrational and anti-intellectual conservatives apparently are. How's this for rational: even though every other entitlement program to date has proven to be insolvent, and even though we don't have the money to pay for it, and even though we've largely promised people the sky while promising to not raise taxes on the middle class, and even though many in the majority of the Democrat-lead Congress did not read HR 3200 and will "vote on" a non-existent Baucus bill, we're still confident this is gonna work out just fine.

Oh yeah, that's some stone cold logic right there.

Last edited:
QB in my day stood for quality paperback. I'm reading a little Billie Letts lately reminds me of visiting the restuarant in Walmart. It was a McDonald's I think.

No cheese please,

peace is good

Mister Flew

Forum List

Back