Battlestar Galactica: Season 1

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Sep 20, 2005
Arizona
Has anyone else seen this show? Someone showed me the mini-series movie, it was about 3 hours long total. I never watched the old show, but I was very impressed! I ran out and bought season 1. It has the mini-series premire and 13 more episodes. I couldn't believe how well done this show is. Its not so much a sci-fi as it is a drama. Its certainly not just a story about humans fighting dumb robots. I don't want to give any spoilers away but its filmed alot like the "24" show- very dark and gritty, shakey handheld camera close ups, bad lighting, heh....I love it. The show really deals with alot of humanity's problems, politics, religion, sex...did I mention some of the cylons are total babes!

:bow3: :boobies:

theHawk said:
Has anyone else seen this show? Someone showed me the mini-series movie, it was about 3 hours long total. I never watched the old show, but I was very impressed! I ran out and bought season 1. It has the mini-series premire and 13 more episodes. I couldn't believe how well done this show is. Its not so much a sci-fi as it is a drama. Its certainly not just a story about humans fighting dumb robots. I don't want to give any spoilers away but its filmed alot like the "24" show- very dark and gritty, shakey handheld camera close ups, bad lighting, heh....I love it. The show really deals with alot of humanity's problems, politics, religion, sex...did I mention some of the cylons are total babes!

:bow3: :boobies:

I thought it was excellent too. More realistic than the original and great production values...A few minor gripes, but overall, 9/10 IMO..can't wait for season 2.....

Agreed. The SCI-FI adaptation of Battelstar Galactica is superbly done on all fronts. This ain't the old campy version we all grew up with!

The character development is phenomenal, both in their strengths and weaknesses. The sociological framework is complex and exhibits both strengths and flaws. The technology is vastly more realistic, although there are still a couple of leaps which (hopefully) will be explained in future seasons.

Forum List

Back