Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT79x4qM4FE&feature=relmfu]"Episode 1" - Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdisGiivP9c]"Episode 2" - Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome - YouTube[/ame]

Could never stand that show..

Reminded me too much of the schlock show from the 1970's it was based on.

Or as I like to call it "Mormons in Spaaaaaaaace".

You never saw the new one, obviously.

I watched two episodes and found it sort of depressing.

I simply couldn't get around the fact the characters had the same names as the ones on the stupid show from the 70's.

So the Cylons don't have a single eye that goes back and forth anymore? I'll bet that helps a lot when they try to aim their weapons on humans!

So the Cylons don't have a single eye that goes back and forth anymore? I'll bet that helps a lot when they try to aim their weapons on humans!

These are earlier models from the first Cylon war. It is after the Caprica series, and covers Adama's days as a pilot on the almost brand new Galactica.

Last edited:
Could never stand that show..

Reminded me too much of the schlock show from the 1970's it was based on.

Or as I like to call it "Mormons in Spaaaaaaaace".

I simply couldn't get around the fact the characters had the same names as the ones on the stupid show from the 70's.

It was meant to be depressing. Since it was a reboot of the original series, giving people different names would be absurd. It has about as much in common with the original show as The Dark Night Rises has with Adam West's Batman, or did you not watch that because the characters had the same names as they did in the series?

It was meant to be depressing. Since it was a reboot of the original series, giving people different names would be absurd. It has about as much in common with the original show as The Dark Night Rises has with Adam West's Batman, or did you not watch that because the characters had the same names as they did in the series?

Not even close, since Batman had a 30 year history before Adam West stripped him of most of his dignity. Batman has existed in so many mediums that one bad performance such as Shcumacher's Kevlar Nipples (A real low point for the franchise) can't destroy it.

How about not doing a "reboot"? HOw about coming up with an original idea?

Of all the things to be redone, Mormons In Space wasn't one of the ones that really needed to be redone.

Not even close, since Batman had a 30 year history before Adam West stripped him of most of his dignity. Batman has existed in so many mediums that one bad performance such as Shcumacher's Kevlar Nipples (A real low point for the franchise) can't destroy it.

How about not doing a "reboot"? HOw about coming up with an original idea?

Of all the things to be redone, Mormons In Space wasn't one of the ones that really needed to be redone.

Again, you didn't watch the series, if you did you wouldn't be arguing that it is not an original idea.

[

Again, you didn't watch the series, if you did you wouldn't be arguing that it is not an original idea.

I watched two episodes, which was really more of my time than it deserved. I think I might have been watching as many as four before I turned it off halfway thorugh and said, "done".

It was written by that Moore guy from Star Trek Deep Space Nine, so I knew we'd be seeing years of plots that didn't go anywhere before being tied up in a sloppy ending...

New Topics

Forum List

Back