Battleground states, 1May12

By Sept 11 2001, Rudy had burnt out his welcome in NYC. He revitalized his image on 9-11 and probably could have won in 2004. By 2008 he was a has been and fizzled in his run for president
As of today, he is a punchline and could never win in New York

Guiliani is love by NYers; especially those in the city. He cleaned up that town. They won't forget that. There was a time when he was more loved than Derek Jeter. I doubt his popularity has receded that much. I'm sure he's still way ahead of A-Rod.

Rudy is so loved his own kids wouldn't vote for him

B/C he's an a-hole (like most politicians) and they know it. That doesn't refute that NYers love him though.

But here's the problem. Romney has to win ALL of them to win.

Obama can only win one or two of them and still win.

I don't think so any state were Obama is below 50% Romney can win no problem you Obama people are full of it

I'm not an Obama person. I'll vote for him because Romney is a Mormon Scumbag. (Actually, do you really need to qualify Mormon with Scumbag? I think it goes without saying.)

But, um, no. actually. There are 19 states the Democrats take and take pretty consistantly, all five of the last five elections. That starts the clock at 242. There are 3 states they've taken 4 out of 5 times. That put him up to 257. He just needs one more of these four- NC, OH, FL or VA, or the combination of CO and NV and he's golden.

Romney has to keep all the states McCain won, although MO and AZ both look iffy for him at t his point. he then has to win ALL FIVE of the states listed above. Or he has to win CO instead of NV.

Again, Obama is the known quantity, people have more or less made up their minds about him. Romney is still rolling himself out, and the one thing about Romney historically is the better people get to know him, the less they like him.

Point being, where they know him best, MA, he's not even considered competitive.

Assumes waaaaaay too much.

A big turnout for Walker could spell doom for Boiking in Wisconsin.

Walker isn't on the ballot in November. The recall election is on June 5th.

Exactly that.

ON the chance Walker survives, it will be because the Democrats couldn't come up with a viable alternative. Neither Barrett or Falk look like they are all that popular in their own rights.

November will be between Romney and Obama, and Obama is from a neighboring state, did very well there in 2008 and Romney barely scraped by Santorum amongst Republicans after outspending him 10-1.

Assumes waaaaaay too much.

A big turnout for Walker could spell doom for Boiking in Wisconsin.

Walker isn't on the ballot in November. The recall election is on June 5th.

Exactly that.

ON the chance Walker survives, it will be because the Democrats couldn't come up with a viable alternative. Neither Barrett or Falk look like they are all that popular in their own rights.

November will be between Romney and Obama, and Obama is from a neighboring state, did very well there in 2008 and Romney barely scraped by Santorum amongst Republicans after outspending him 10-1.

On the chance? Polls show that the recall likely won't pass dude. And this is going to backfire against your Democrats b/c Romney is going to make the case that the people have spoken out against Obama and his union minions.

On the chance? Polls show that the recall likely won't pass dude. And this is going to backfire against your Democrats b/c Romney is going to make the case that the people have spoken out against Obama and his union minions.

They aren't my Democrats. This is about stomping the Mormon to me... nothing else really matters all that much. As long as the Mormon loses, I'm happy.

But polls show that Walker is barely breaking 50%, and it really depends on who shows up, doesn't it?

Personally, I have mixed feelings about this. Walker is doing the Koch brother's dirty work trying to get the working class to fight over the last cookie, but he's also been one of the few guys responsible enough to step up to the bat and cut spending, which really does need to be done.

But here's the problem. Romney has to win ALL of them to win.

Obama can only win one or two of them and still win.

I don't think so any state were Obama is below 50% Romney can win no problem you Obama people are full of it

I'm not an Obama person. I'll vote for him because Romney is a Mormon Scumbag. (Actually, do you really need to qualify Mormon with Scumbag? I think it goes without saying.)

But, um, no. actually. There are 19 states the Democrats take and take pretty consistantly, all five of the last five elections. That starts the clock at 242. There are 3 states they've taken 4 out of 5 times. That put him up to 257. He just needs one more of these four- NC, OH, FL or VA, or the combination of CO and NV and he's golden.

Romney has to keep all the states McCain won, although MO and AZ both look iffy for him at t his point. he then has to win ALL FIVE of the states listed above. Or he has to win CO instead of NV.

Again, Obama is the known quantity, people have more or less made up their minds about him. Romney is still rolling himself out, and the one thing about Romney historically is the better people get to know him, the less they like him.

Point being, where they know him best, MA, he's not even considered competitive.

:eek:Exactly right!! Which is why the undecided will break for Romney and the fact that he is a Mormon is pretty much irrelevant except for whack jobs like yourself. Romney will win all the states McCain won and FL, OH, NV, VA, NC etc. I give Romney better than a 50% chance of winning, which is all we can ask for at this point

:eek:Exactly right!! Which is why the undecided will break for Romney and the fact that he is a Mormon is pretty much irrelevant except for whack jobs like yourself. Romney will win all the states McCain won and FL, OH, NV, VA, NC etc. I give Romney better than a 50% chance of winning, which is all we can ask for at this point

Okay, except about 22% of the population would be reluctant to vote for a Mormon, including 18% of Republicans and 19% of Independents. And that's before the media starts doing informative stories about just all the crazy stuff Mormons believe in.

You know like magic underwear and ruling a planet in the afterlife and baptizing dead people.

I don't think that he will even win all the states McCain won. In Missouri, they just don't like Mormons, and McCain barely won it last time. In Arizona, the Hispanics are soo cheezed off at him Obama will be competitive there, too.

Okay, except about 22% of the population would be reluctant to vote for a Mormon, including 18% of Republicans and 19% of Independents. And that's before the media starts doing informative stories about just all the crazy stuff Mormons believe in.

You know like magic underwear and ruling a planet in the afterlife and baptizing dead people.

I don't think that he will even win all the states McCain won. In Missouri, they just don't like Mormons, and McCain barely won it last time. In Arizona, the Hispanics are soo cheezed off at him Obama will be competitive there, too.

Won’t help Obama at all… It might actually turn more people against him. Rev Wright sure didn't hurt Obama much, speaking about crazy religious beliefs...Oh that’s right Obama never heard that stuff as he was only there for 20yrs:doubt:

Won’t help Obama at all… It might actually turn more people against him. Rev Wright sure didn't hurt Obama much, speaking about crazy religious beliefs...Oh that’s right Obama never heard that stuff as he was only there for 20yrs:doubt:

Major diffrence. Everyone quickly realized that his alliance with Wright was one of expediency,not a sharing of beliefs. I mean, if you want to do that, Romney has cozied up to every religious crazy in the country...

Romney, on the other hand, was a Mormon Bishop and Stake President. It isn't just going to a church with a nutty cleric, it's a whole religion that is batshite crazy...

I'm sure I could have gave you the same exact stats about people being reluctant to vote for a black guy or a Muslim for that matter. Obama still won in 08. I hear that Mormon talk and I just laugh at how libs are deluding themselves. And the only place where it does matter at all (the south), Romney will win anyways.

Major diffrence. Everyone quickly realized that his alliance with Wright was one of expediency,not a sharing of beliefs. I mean, if you want to do that, Romney has cozied up to every religious crazy in the country...

Romney, on the other hand, was a Mormon Bishop and Stake President. It isn't just going to a church with a nutty cleric, it's a whole religion that is batshite crazy...

:doubt: Sounded like a true believer to me...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh7xMhsLnac&feature=related]Obama Speaks Of Rev. Wright In This 1995 Interview - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh7xMhsLnac&feature=related]Obama Speaks Of Rev. Wright In This 1995 Interview - YouTube[/ame]

His words.. "Rev. Wright represents the best of what the black church has to offer." nuff said.

They aren't my Democrats. This is about stomping the Mormon to me... nothing else really matters all that much. As long as the Mormon loses, I'm happy.

But polls show that Walker is barely breaking 50%, and it really depends on who shows up, doesn't it?

Personally, I have mixed feelings about this. Walker is doing the Koch brother's dirty work trying to get the working class to fight over the last cookie, but he's also been one of the few guys responsible enough to step up to the bat and cut spending, which really does need to be done.

They're your Democrats. You trumpet them at every turn. They're yours. Your Mormon hating is just the syrup on your ice cream.

They're your Democrats. You trumpet them at every turn. They're yours. Your Mormon hating is just the syrup on your ice cream.

He's just a hater generally Mormons are only one of the groups the bigot hates

His words.. "Rev. Wright represents the best of what the black church has to offer." nuff said.

Few things stick out to me in that video.

1. Obama calling Rev Wright a wonderful man.
2. Obama leading with accusations that politician make things about race and not values and then he calls his own church the "black church." Racism is his values.
3. In the interview and his books he makes it about the search for his father; but his dad was a deadbeat and his mother and her parents are who raised him. He has no problem slapping them in the face at every turn to promote his agenda.

Jeezus the nuts are still trying to squeeze mileage out of the Wright thing. It was funny enough in early 2008 when the rightwing sheep were bleating in unison

Obama is toast!!!!

because of the Reverend Wright.

How did that work out for you retards, eh?

obama has not won anything yet. Have we had an election in any state? is it Nov yet?

This is a political message board. All we can do is discuss what we know now. What we know now is that Romney needs to sweep almost every swing state and now trails in almost every swing state
We also know that Obama has a huge lead in the electoral vote in spite of the unemployment rate, Obamacare and that he doesn't have a valid birth certificate. That shows that Republicans are going to have to hit another big issue in order to win

Says you. People have plenty of time to do the math and come to their senses. Romney will win because he's the better candidate.

How much are you willing to bet on that?

Jeezus the nuts are still trying to squeeze mileage out of the Wright thing. It was funny enough in early 2008 when the rightwing sheep were bleating in unison

Obama is toast!!!!

because of the Reverend Wright.

How did that work out for you retards, eh?

Reverend Wright foreshadowed what Obama is/was going to be about. Get rid of Wright if you want. You still have four years of failure.

Forum List

Back