Battleground states, 1May12

Give me a number

How many electoral votes do you see Romney getting?

A minimum of 270. And I'd definitely bet on him hitting 300 plus before I'd bet on Obama doing it.

Under ideal conditions, Romney could hit 270-280

With the existing makeup of Red and Blue states, 300 is off the table

Of the non red colored state on RCP: If Romney wins Arizona, Nevada, New Hampshire, Iowa, Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, Virginia and North Carolina the he'll hit 302.

This says nothing of other potentially winnable states like Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, New Jersey, Massachusetts, New Mexico, Colorado, Maryland, Connecticut, Oregon and Washington.

Last edited:
A minimum of 270. And I'd definitely bet on him hitting 300 plus before I'd bet on Obama doing it.

Of the non red colored state on RCP: If Romney wins Arizona, Nevada, New Hampshire, Iowa, Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, Virginia and North Carolina the he'll hit 302.

This says nothing of other potentially winnable states like Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, New Jersey, Massachusetts, New Mexico, Colorado, Maryland, Connecticut, Oregon and Washington.

Wow......talking about dreaming

How's that dreaming? All of the states I mentioned for 302 are very winnable.

No question that they are winnable........but not by Romney

Of all the states you named Romney trails in all but two

Yes but they are also either generally within the margin of error, or historically reddish, or have a significant number of undecideds who will not go for the president. They are very winnable for Romney. Name some of the states that are supposedly not winnable for Romney.

Yes but they are also either generally within the margin of error, or historically reddish, or have a significant number of undecideds who will not go for the president. They are very winnable for Romney. Name some of the states that are supposedly not winnable for Romney.

Pennsylvania, Michigan, New Jersey, Massachustts, Connecticut, Maryland, Oregon and Washington

Pennsylvania, Michigan, New Jersey, Massachustts, Connecticut, Maryland, Oregon and Washington

Pennsylvania is the only state you mention that I called very winnable for 302. The others were/are potentially winnable. Previous Quinnipiac polls have had Romney in the lead. Also, the last three Quinnipiac polls have had 14 percent undecided. Undecided voters don't go for the incumbent traditionally. Trust me, Obama is shizzing his pants about Pennsylvania probably more than he is about Ohio.

Ugh. I just realized that, as a resident of one of the swing states (CO), I'm gonna be buried in attack ads from both parties. Maybe I'll just go fishing the days leading up to election day.

Just wait for those dinnertime robocalls

Give me a number

How many electoral votes do you see Romney getting?

I don't see Obama carrying all of the states he carried in 08. He won 365 to 173

If he wins the same states as he did in 08, he will win 359 to 179. 6 EV's moved from Blue to Red States more or less.

So for Romney to win, he has to make up 91 electoral votes. 91. That isn't going to happen. More importantly, Obama has to lose the 91 electoral votes. On average, states have 5.4 electoral votes each. So about 18 states will have to flip in Romney's favor. That ISN'T going to happen at all. It's a fun parlor game but at some point the righties have to get serious about this.

Last edited:

I don't see Obama carrying all of the states he carried in 08. He won 365 to 173

If he wins the same states as he did in 08, he will win 359 to 179.

So for Romney to win, he has to make up 91 electoral votes. 91. That isn't going to happen.

Romney won't win any of his home states. He has weak support in Red States and did strongest in primary Blue States

Real Clear Politics updated it today... It's now 253 for Obama as they moved PA and NV out of "TOss UP" and put them in "Leans Obama".

That means 17 electoral votes to win

Long haul for Romney

Forum List

Back