Battleground states, 1May12

OK. I think that there will be enough of the swing states going to Obama to put him comfortably over 270. I would say 290 to 310 for Obama in November.

If the polls in Michigan, PA, and Ohio hold through November, he’ll likely not need but one or two swing states, and can still get to 270 w/o Florida, NC, and VA.

There are MANY people here that thought GM should have gone bankrupt...they were NOT for the taxpayers bailing them out. I even know a few workers at GM that said this! I also know a lot of people here that has said they'll never buy a GM or Chrysler car again...only Ford. You may be surprised come election time!

Um, no – those ‘many people’ are in red states already, or are too few in number in blue states to make a change to red.

And that’s the problem for Romney, even if he wins all the red states, all the leaning red states, and all the swing states, he’s only at 245.

Obama will win at least 325 Electoral votes

Maybe as high as 360

I wish I knew you in real life. I'd totally tell you to put your money where your mouth is. You know that's just not going to happen.

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Battle for White House

Obama currently leads 227 to 170 in non swing states

With Obama currently leading in nine of eleven swing states, 360 electoral votes is well within reach. Even conservatively, Obama takes 325 votes

Last edited:
North Carolina Romney +2

Ohio Obama +5.3

Florida Obama +3.3

Virginia Obama +0.7

New Hampshire Obama +3.5

Pennsylvania Obama +6.0

Michigan Obama +11.3

Wisconsin Obama +11.8

Iowa Obama +3.0

Missouri Romney +3.0

Colorado Obama +13.0

Nevada Obama +6.7

Arizona Romney +3.2

Realclearpolitics.

Nevada has the worse unemployment numbers in the nation

Look at the map and see how the economy looks for each of those states

State-of-Jobs-in-USA.jpg

North Carolina Romney +2

Ohio Obama +5.3

Florida Obama +3.3

Virginia Obama +0.7

New Hampshire Obama +3.5

Pennsylvania Obama +6.0

Michigan Obama +11.3

Wisconsin Obama +11.8

Iowa Obama +3.0

Missouri Romney +3.0

Colorado Obama +13.0

Nevada Obama +6.7

Arizona Romney +3.2

Realclearpolitics.

Game Over. 4 more years if you go by the Polls. 13 points in Colorado? That sounds a bit fishy. By the same token Romney being up in Arizona seems strange too; it's almost as if there is no campaign out here.

What about North Carolina?

Sorry, I missed NC on top. Thanks for posting it.

Obama will win at least 325 Electoral votes

Maybe as high as 360

I wish I knew you in real life. I'd totally tell you to put your money where your mouth is. You know that's just not going to happen.

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Battle for White House

Obama currently leads 227 to 170 in non swing states

With Obama currently leading in nine of eleven swing states, 360 electoral votes is well within reach. Even conservatively, Obama takes 325 votes

I'm pretty confident Obama will win, just looking at congress now, Democrats need the Senate and more in the House. This congress is ridiculous, lazy and incompetent bunch.

North Carolina Romney +2

Ohio Obama +5.3

Florida Obama +3.3

Virginia Obama +0.7

New Hampshire Obama +3.5

Pennsylvania Obama +6.0

Michigan Obama +11.3

Wisconsin Obama +11.8

Iowa Obama +3.0

Missouri Romney +3.0

Colorado Obama +13.0

Nevada Obama +6.7

Arizona Romney +3.2

Realclearpolitics.

State-of-Jobs-in-USA.jpg

Did you mean to say worst?

The polls are averages and are obscure b/c many polls come during the tenuous Republican primaries. For instance, a Santorum Ohio or Penn Republican who might not have been for Romney at the time would be for him now.

Obama won't win Nevada by any margin let alone 6.7. He'll more likely lose it by 6.7 (if the SEIU doesn't rig it).

Democrats won Nevada in three of the last five elections. And Harry Reid won despite the GOP throwing everything they had at him.

Again, you work on the assumption that the next six months are going to be kind to Romney. The thing about romney is the more people get to know him, the less they like him.

He was running ahead of Ted Kennedy in 1994- until people got to know him. Ted Beat him by 17 points.

He was running way ahead of Shannon O'Brien in 2002. Until people got to know him. He only won because the Greens and Dems split the vote.

In 2006, the folks in MA knew him too well.. they voted him out.

In 2008, he was running well, until people got to know him. Then he lost to McCain.

In 2012, he ran behind Perry, Cain, Gingrich and Santorum at various times. It's a sad commenttary when your own party has to be dragged kicking and screaming to support you.

We are going to learn a lot more about Romney in the next six months. How whacky thngs Mormons actually believe are, how many working folks he slimed stuffing money in his Cayman Island Bank accounts. Eventually, he's going to have to release the rest of his tax returns and his financials. That ain't going to be pretty.

North Carolina Romney +2

Ohio Obama +5.3

Florida Obama +3.3

Virginia Obama +0.7

New Hampshire Obama +3.5

Pennsylvania Obama +6.0

Michigan Obama +11.3

Wisconsin Obama +11.8

Iowa Obama +3.0

Missouri Romney +3.0

Colorado Obama +13.0

Nevada Obama +6.7

Arizona Romney +3.2

Realclearpolitics.

State-of-Jobs-in-USA.jpg

Pussy boy are you going back to that thread you ran from? The one you said California girl was better suited to discuss? The one I ran you off from?

"When I like the results of the poll, they're accurate as hell. When I don't, you're a big fat liar."

Sheesh. Come on.

Seems to me that those of us who want to follow stuff up to the election can just look to the Real Clear Politics numbers, RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Battle for White House, click on the "Toss Up" states, and see how things are going.

Right now, spin all they want, the GOP should be worried. But six months is a helluva long time.

Dems on USMB want us to think it's dire. Only weeks ago during the so-called bitter Republican primary, one of them posted a RCP Electoral map with Obama at 297. Of course he was going to be up in the midst of that. Now look at it. It's at 227 and falling.

Let's just go off the gray states there (swing states); to say nothing of states that could tilt in his favor more by November.

Romney starts at 170. He will win AZ (11), NV (6), get a portion of CO (4 of 9), win MO (10), win FL (29), win VA (13), win NC (15). That puts him at 258.

That gives him lots of ways that he could win. He could win Iowa (6), New Hampshire (4) and turn another smaller state in his favor and actually win without winning Penn or Ohio.

But that said, that's risky and one state expected to go his way could fall through. I do think Romney will need to win Penn or Ohio most likely. And I do think that if he wins either of them then he will win the election.

RCP didn't really change anything. They had him at 227 all along, until for a day or two, they decided not to call the statest that aren't really tossups ( OH, PA, etc) as one side or the other.

Now they are calling them tossups..

They aren't.

Fact is, Romney has to win everything McCain won, Indiania, and then he has to take FL, OH, VA and NC. And he'll STILL be 12 votes short.

All Obama has to do is win all the states that were won by Gore or Kerry, and take one of those four states, and he wins.

Last edited:

State-of-Jobs-in-USA.jpg

Pussy boy are you going back to that thread you ran from? The one you said California girl was better suited to discuss? The one I ran you off from?

You really think so? You never admitted contradicting yourself. Now.....did you mean to say "worst".........or are you a dumb fuck?

Forum List

Back