Battleground God

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
Do second URL first. This is quite interesting I thought, I had one hit and one bullet. Try it and let us know if you have contradicted yourself. No cheating.

Battleground God

Can your beliefs about religion make it across our intellectual battleground?

http://www.philosophersnet.com/games/god.htm
http://www.philosophyquotes.net/cgi...m=0&hits=0&bullets=0&bulletcount=0&hitcount=0

"I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves." Ludwig Wittgenstein

Do second URL first. This is quite interesting I thought, I had one hit and one bullet. Try it and let us know if you have contradicted yourself. No cheating.

Battleground God

http://www.philosophyquotes.net/cgi...m=0&hits=0&bullets=0&bulletcount=0&hitcount=0

"I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves." Ludwig Wittgenstein

You've just taken a direct hit!

Earlier you said that it is justifiable to base one's beliefs about the external world on a firm, inner conviction, regardless of the external evidence, or lack of it, for the truth or falsity of this conviction. But now you do not accept that the rapist Peter Sutcliffe was justified in doing just that. The example of the rapist has exposed that you do not in fact agree that any belief is justified just because one is convinced of its truth. So you need to revise your opinion here. The intellectual sniper has scored a bull's-eye!

This bit is garbage. It equates beliefs and actions. They are not one in the same. This site has now taken a direct hit exposing its obvious bias and agenda. But thanks for posting it, it was interesting just the same.

Battleground Analysis
Congratulations!

You have been awarded the TPM medal of distinction! This is our second highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity being hit only once and biting very few bullets suggests that your beliefs about God are well thought out and almost entirely internally consistent.

The direct hit you suffered occurred because one set of your answers implied a logical contradiction. The bitten bullets occurred because you responded in ways that required that you held views that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. At the bottom of this page, we have reproduced the analyses of your direct hit and bitten bullets.

Because you only suffered one direct hit and bit very few bullets, you qualify for our second highest award. A good achievement!

How did you do compared to other people?

* 408159 people have completed this activity to date.
* You suffered 1 direct hit and bit 1 bullet.
* This compares with the average player of this activity to date who takes 1.39 hits and bites 1.11 bullets.
* 45.71% of the people who have completed this activity, like you, took very little damage and were awarded the TPM Medal of Distinction.
* 7.70% of the people who have completed this activity emerged unscathed with the TPM Medal of Honour.

Battleground Analysis
Congratulations!

You have been awarded the TPM medal of distinction! This is our second highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity being hit only once and biting very few bullets suggests that your beliefs about God are well thought out and almost entirely internally consistent.

The direct hit you suffered occurred because one set of your answers implied a logical contradiction. The bitten bullets occurred because you responded in ways that required that you held views that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. At the bottom of this page, we have reproduced the analyses of your direct hit and bitten bullets.

Because you only suffered one direct hit and bit very few bullets, you qualify for our second highest award. A good achievement!

How did you do compared to other people?

* 408159 people have completed this activity to date.
* You suffered 1 direct hit and bit 1 bullet.
* This compares with the average player of this activity to date who takes 1.39 hits and bites 1.11 bullets.
* 45.71% of the people who have completed this activity, like you, took very little damage and were awarded the TPM Medal of Distinction.
* 7.70% of the people who have completed this activity emerged unscathed with the TPM Medal of Honour.

I only got the one hit I posted and no bullets. Is a bullet more or less severe than a direct hit?

Battleground Analysis
Congratulations!
You have been awarded the TPM medal of honour! This is our highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity neither being hit nor biting a bullet suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and very well thought out.

A direct hit would have occurred had you answered in a way that implied a logical contradiction. You would have bitten bullets had you responded in ways that required that you held views that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. However, you avoided both these fates - and in doing so qualify for our highest award. A fine achievement!

This bit is garbage. It equates beliefs and actions. They are not one in the same. This site has now taken a direct hit exposing its obvious bias and agenda. But thanks for posting it, it was interesting just the same.

That is a bit hard to take but still if you are consistent they got you. I passed that one, but got a direct hit on Loch Ness question.

You have reached the end!

Congratulations! You have made it to the end of this activity.

You took 1 direct hit and you have bitten 1 bullet. The average player of this activity to date takes 1.39 hits and bites 1.11 bullets. 408172 people have so far undertaken this activity.

Battleground Analysis
Congratulations!

Battleground God

1 direct hit and bit one bullet

Very interesting....

But it blurred the line between justifying something and being able to do something (belief in God with no evidence). I think I took a hit for no reason!

Anyone who uses a scientific approach and does not believe in God - is not atheist... as that is impossible to believe without proof that something does not exist (which is impossible in itself).

Forum List

Back