Battlebots: Blackdragon vs. Overhaul. Anyone see this on Discovery Channel just now? *spoilers*

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
What a comeback that was. Overhaul was slamming blackdragon, fire coming out of it's engine, appeared to be a quick end, but not to be. Blackdragon took overhauls wheels out and turned the match 180 degrees.

Have to love the creativity of these designers.

My husband James talked me into watching that show. I thought it would be terrible, but I got hooked.

Got it on right now, in fact.

My husband James talked me into watching that show. I thought it would be terrible, but I got hooked.

Got it on right now, in fact.

I honestly laugh more watching this show than the average comedy today, maybe it's because of the "Monty" bot episode from the Big Bang Theory or because I have an odd sense of humour. At the same time, I have a measure of admiration for those who design their bots and strategize a way to victory.

I honestly laugh more watching this show than the average comedy today, maybe it's because of the "Monty" bot episode from the Big Bang Theory or because I have an odd sense of humour. At the same time, I have a measure of admiration for those who design their bots and strategize a way to victory.

They are absolutely amazing! And it gets better, the more you watch and learn about the robots and people who create and run them as well.

When I first started watching, I hadn't realized how huge and heavy they are. Fabulous.

And maybe I'm just fickle, but my favorites often change or ebb and flow. I still miss some, like Bronco and wish he could make a comeback.

Edit: Yes! The giggles! Did you see when Warhead self destructed? I loved that bot but that was one of the funniest things I've seen. Maybe I have a weird sense of humor too.

What a comeback that was. Overhaul was slamming blackdragon, fire coming out of it's engine, appeared to be a quick end, but not to be. Blackdragon took overhauls wheels out and turned the match 180 degrees.

Have to love the creativity of these designers.
they have gotten more viscous in the last few yrs,,

They are absolutely amazing! And it gets better, the more you watch and learn about the robots and people who create and run them as well.

When I first started watching, I hadn't realized how huge and heavy they are. Fabulous.

And maybe I'm just fickle, but my favorites often change or ebb and flow. I still miss some, like Bronco and wish he could make a comeback.

Edit: Yes! The giggles! Did you see when Warhead self destructed? I loved that bot but that was one of the funniest things I've seen. Maybe I have a weird sense of humor too.

I might have seen it, I've seen so many but not consistently and thus I sometimes confuse their names,

Today's "Battlebots" are actually just remote control cars with a few extra options.

I want to see actual artificially-intelligent autonomous robots, with adaptive fight techniques, battling each other until the sand of the arena is stained red with their hydraulic fluid.

If the could be programmed to feel pain ... BONUS!

maxresdefault.jpg

Forum List

Back