Battle of New Orleans

We qualify on all counts. Though I concede, and you have no idea how much this pains me, you do indeed have bigger teeth. But you still come to us first when you want to knock heads together.

And I hope that when we do eventually knock on North Korea's door, we'll do it hand in motherfucking hand.

I beg to differ. There is currently only one superpower, the USA. I think qualifications of a superpower is possession of nuclear weapons, economic power and influence over the World economy, able to project dominant military power across the globe and societal influence across the planet. The Brits, French, Russians and Chinese do possess considerable parts of all these factors but none of them can project dominant military force anywhere in the world, therefore they are not superpowers. I also think the influence of American society through the media, movies and music also proves the superpower status of the USA.

Except you're yet to prove this so-called dominance without having your hand held by the British.

We've proved ourselves capable, in victory, of projecting our power across the world against a significant threat single handedly in 1982. The United States is yet to rise to the challenge and emerge victorious.

This is only because we have a bunch of fools in Congress who demand that we not act unilaterally. And don't ever forget that the US provided AIM-9L Sidewinder missiles that allowed the FAA to control the skys over the Falklands, Caspar Weinberger also made sure that the UK had the very latest sub detection technology, missile detection ECM equipment, and a whole host of other things that garnered him a Knighthood after the fact.

Even the Argies knew we were helping the task force.

"US support to UK in Falklands' war was decisive" — MercoPress

Nicholas Henderson (the Ambassador at the time) was dissapointed that Americas role in the conflict was forbidden to be mentioned by the MOD, who wanted the victory to be seen as wholly British. Seems you may need to bone up on some history too! :razz:

:cuckoo:
This is only because we have a bunch of fools in Congress who demand that we not act unilaterally. And don't ever forget that the US provided AIM-9L Sidewinder missiles that allowed the FAA to control the skys over the Falklands, Caspar Weinberger also made sure that the UK had the very latest sub detection technology, missile detection ECM equipment, and a whole host of other things that garnered him a Knighthood after the fact.

Nicholas Henderson (the Ambassador at the time) was dissapointed that Americas role in the conflict was forbidden to be mentioned by the MOD, who wanted the victory to be seen as wholly British. Seems you may need to bone up on some history too! :razz:

LOL @ merco press source - oh my god are you fucking seriously using that? Err try reading it - the friggging comments are made by a fucking argentine LOL

why dont you go away and get some facts then come back for a real debate because virtually everything you have just said is bullshit.

thanks for the missiles but you need the balls to travel 8000 miles and invade an island lot said 'was impossible' before they can be used.

you'll never get any brit to say antyhing negative about Caspar Weinberger (an anglophile cheifly due to his parents bing English) - because he had to fight for everything he could get - Your governement was in bed with the Argies until the last minute - Allies my arse.

Last edited:
:cuckoo:

LOL @ merco press source - oh my god are you fucking seriously using that? Err try reading it - the friggging comments are made by a fucking argentine LOL

why dont you go away and get some facts then come back for a real debate because virtually everything you have just said is bullshit.

thanks for the missiles but you need the balls to travel 8000 miles and invade an island lot said 'was impossible' before they can be used.

you'll never get any brit to say antyhing negative about Caspar Weinberger (an anglophile cheifly due to his parents bing English) - because he had to fight for everything he could get - Your governement was in bed with the Argies until the last minute - Allies my arse.

That was the point bucko. You are clearly as superficial as your handle, and I am an anglophile as well, chiefly due to my great grandparents as well!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back