Batshit Crazy Republicans Part 1: The Despicable Rep.Steven King

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TheProgressivePatriot, Jan 12, 2019.

1. TheProgressivePatriot

TheProgressivePatriot Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    The commie infested, queer loving liberal NE USA
    Ratings:
    +6,233
    Steven King represents the dark underbelly of this Nations dark and shameful racist past, while at the same time, embracing the Neo Fascist and white supremacy that is gripping the landscape currently. I would like to know who will defend him and why.

This piece was written prior to the midterms and guess what ..? The scum won. My heart bleeds for the America that we could and should be but, sadly, we are not.

Rep. Steve King Goes Full White Nationalist In Interview With Austrian Site | HuffPost
    T
    Enemies of what faith, King? Your faith? Are you not an enemy of their faith?

I am of white European culture but given the reality history, I se, the best path e nothing very special or superior about it. In fact, I believe that the best-the only path- to peace is a blending of cultures and religions which will reduce conflict, fear and promote understanding of each other. But there is the is hope:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...g-white-supremacy_us_5c3901e1e4b0922a21d4e49b

The National Review was more explicit. “Dump Steve King,” read a headline on a piece from the site’s editors, who said the congressman “tars all conservatives with his irresponsibility.” Another right-wing site, The Daily Caller, shied away from calling King out but noted that he “has a long history of racially insensitive and anti-immigrant comments.”

As the backlash grew, King attempted to clarify his stance with a follow-up statement, saying that he “rejects” the label of white supremacy and simply considers himself a nationalist. (Much like the president.)

Congressional Republicans responded with varying force.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) called King’s initial language “reckless, wrong” and “abhorrent and racist,” respectively.

House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) described King’s first comments as “offensive,” but praised his clarifying statement. “I think it was important that he rejected that kind of evil,” Scalise said.

King’s fellow Iowans, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R) and Sen. Joni Ernst (R), also spoke out against him.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. TheProgressivePatriot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,233
    Steven King represents the slimy underbelly of this Nations dark and shameful racist past, while at the same time, embracing the Neo Fascist and white supremacy that is gripping the landscape currently. I would like to know who will defend him and why.

This piece was written prior to the midterms and guess what ..? The scum won. My heart bleeds for the America that we could and should be but, sadly, we are not.

Rep. Steve King Goes Full White Nationalist In Interview With Austrian Site | HuffPost
    T

I am of white European culture but given the reality history, I se, the best path e nothing very special or superior about it. In fact, I believe that the best-the only path- to peace is a blending of cultures and religions which will reduce conflict, fear and promote understanding of each other. But there is the is hope:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...g-white-supremacy_us_5c3901e1e4b0922a21d4e49b

The National Review was more explicit. “Dump Steve King,” read a headline on a piece from the site’s editors, who said the congressman “tars all conservatives with his irresponsibility.” Another right-wing site, The Daily Caller, shied away from calling King out but noted that he “has a long history of racially insensitive and anti-immigrant comments.”

As the backlash grew, King attempted to clarify his stance with a follow-up statement, saying that he “rejects” the label of white supremacy and simply considers himself a nationalist. (Much like the president.)

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) called King’s initial language “reckless, wrong” and “abhorrent and racist,” respectively.

House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) described King’s first comments as “offensive,” but praised his clarifying statement. “I think it was important that he rejected that kind of evil,” Scalise said.

King’s fellow Iowans, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R) and Sen. Joni Ernst (R), also spoke out against him.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. SassyIrishLass

SassyIrishLass Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +98,035
    Another one who neglects to mention King denied being a white nationalist during the interview.

It's even in your own link

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. TheProgressivePatriot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,233
    Steven King represents the slimy underbelly of this Nations dark and shameful racist past, while at the same time, embracing the Neo Fascist and white supremacy that is gripping the landscape currently. I would like to know who will defend him and why.

Conservatives Are Starting To Turn On White Supremacist Congressman Steve King | HuffPost

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. JGalt

JGalt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,664
    I'm not sure if you really want to talk about "batshit crazy." You know: "glass houses" and "rocks" and stuff.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TheProgressivePatriot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,233
    So can Trump but when words and action say otherwise, a denial is meaningless

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. TheProgressivePatriot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,233
    ri

Thank you for that brilliant and cogent commentary on racism and Republican party . It's apparent that you are a scholar of the highest order. As always, you strive to raise the level of intellectual discourse and quality of interaction on the USMB. May the Goddesses bless you always
    Thank you for that

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. BlackFlag

BlackFlag BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,361
    He's a whole-hearted supporter of Steve King's white supremacy

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. depotoo

depotoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,785
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  10. JGalt

JGalt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,664
    Quit being a pathological liar. The Republican party under President Trump has done far more for black and Hispanic American citizens, than Obama ever dreamed of.

I know it feels all safe and warm in that little 9' by 12' echo chamber you live in, but try coming outside once in awhile, to see what it's like in the real world. You might even have an epiphany.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1