Batman the Firefighter (Tolstoy?)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
The work of Leo Tolstoy gave the world a vision of war and peace and the value of diplomacy and justice-contemplation in a 'quickly-developing society/civilization.'

America is the world's most 'developed' civilization (even though it's so relatively young!), and American youngsters love the fictional comic book superhero Batman (DC Comics), a masked vigilante who tackles pure criminal insanity in a fictional place called Gotham City, since Batman symbolizes vigilance in times of mass hysteria.

So here's a Tolstoy-esque Batman 'fan-fic,' in which the caped crusader has chosen to adopt a special 'anti-arson Utopian symbolism belt' to basically fight evil in a 'developing metropolis.'

This fan-fic (my last one I think!) was inspired by the metropolis-paranoia films King of New York, Dick Tracy, Batman Begins, Dark City, and Backdraft.

Cheers,

logo.jpg

====

Bruce Wayne was a princely-heir who inherited his father's estate and company (Wayne Industries) after his parents were murdered by a vandal in a Gotham City alley when Bruce was trying to walk home with his parents after watching a movie at the Gotham Cineplex. Bruce grew up morally eschewed and carried a huge chip on his shoulder because of his unrighteous parents' murder. Bruce decided to dedicate himself to a life of fighting evil (after experimenting with religions and for a time martial-arts training). Bruce returned to Gotham as 'Firefighter-Batman.'

BATMAN: Thanks for interviewing me...for the Gotham Gazette!
INTERVIEWER: It's my honor, Batman.
BATMAN: So what did you want to ask me?
INTERVIEWER: Well, you arrested Scarecrow and Poison Ivy...
BATMAN: ...And you want to know why I tackle evil?
INTERVIEWER: Precisely. Why 'Firefighter-Batman'?
BATMAN: Arson is a metaphysical symbol of anarchy and a loss of cool.
INTERVIEWER: Do you think you're a 'prophet of water' or something?
BATMAN: I'm simply a messenger of calmness and jurisprudence.
INTERVIEWER: I suppose then you will now hunt for the arson-maniac Pyro!

Firefighter-Batman (FB) was happy with his interview with the Gotham Gazette and set out to do precisely what his interviewer guessed --- hunt down Pyro (a super-arson maniac armed with a deadly flame-thrower). Pyro hated FB and believed the superhero was representative of democratic idealism (which Pyro equally hated!). Pyro's flame-thrower was homemade but very very dangerous, and FB knew it! To stop Pyro, FB designed a special liquid-nitrogen gun (LNG) or 'ice-gun,' which he used to completely paralyze Pyro into pure ice and hauled him off to Arkham Asylum for rehabilitation and treatment.

BATMAN: Well, thanks for this second interview.
INTERVIEWER: It's my honor, 'FB.'
BATMAN: What did you want to ask me this time?
INTERVIEWER: You were severely burned (on your left arm) while fighting Scarecrow!
BATMAN: Yes, Scarecrow was an evil-doer who wielded corrosive acid as a weapon.
INTERVIEWER: You sacrificed yourself to stop Scarecrow and save Gothamites?
BATMAN: What choice did I have? My tactics are not ideal, but they're effective.
INTERVIEWER: Yes, Scarecrow is now locked up in Arkham Asylum.
BATMAN: I suppose you think I've become 'jaded' by my injuries.
INTERVIEWER: Honestly, FB, I'm just relieved we still can boast about your idealism.

Firefighter-Batman (FB) was equally happy with this second Gotham Gazette interview and decided that his work fighting the 'arson of evil' in modern America (in Gotham City in particular) illuminates the human value of teamwork, civics, justice, and patience with metropolis. FB wrote in his journal, "I feel good about who I helped and who helped me and how I helped and I'm at peace with what it's cost me; I began my career fighting evil as a way to resolve my inner-demons regarding my parents' unrighteous murder (when I was just a young boy)." FB concluded that optimism/idealism in a modern American urban landscape requires a calm (and serious) attention to psychiatry. FB was awarded a special Humanism Medal of Valor by commerce-focused U.S. President Donald Trump on St. Patrick's Day. Everything felt...'American.'

====

ak.jpg

Forum List

Back