Batman 1943

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015

Robin needs a haircut but otherwise it compares favorably with reefer madness.

benafflectbatman.jpg

Have it, and Batman and Robin (1949) on DVD

#MeToo

A thing I find interesting is that although it was not intended as comedy, the extreme low budget made it come across as comedic, in a manner that heavily influenced the 1960s version of Batman with Adam West.

In the 1949 sequel, there's a character named Barry Brown, who is played by an actor who noticeably resembles a friend of mine in real life who is named Barry Brown.

Have it, and Batman and Robin (1949) on DVD

#MeToo

A thing I find interesting is that although it was not intended as comedy, the extreme low budget made it come across as comedic, in a manner that heavily influenced the 1960s version of Batman with Adam West.

In the 1949 sequel, there's a character named Barry Brown, who is played by an actor who noticeably resembles a friend of mine in real life who is named Barry Brown.

Rick Vallin

Long list of credits

It should be mentioned that neither the 1943 Batman nor its 1949 sequel were movies in the conventional sense.

Each was a “serial”, consisting of fifteen episodes, around 20 minutes each. The way that it was originally presented was that you'd go to a theater to watch a movie, and before the movie, they'd show you an episode of this serial. Each episode ended with a cliffhanger, and exhortation to the audience to come back to the theatre next week to see the next episode.

It should be mentioned that neither the 1943 Batman nor its 1949 sequel were movies in the conventional sense.

Each was a “serial”, consisting of fifteen episodes, around 20 minutes each. The way that it was originally presented was that you'd go to a theater to watch a movie, and before the movie, they'd show you an episode of this serial. Each episode ended with a cliffhanger, and exhortation to the audience to come back to the theatre next week to see the next episode.

Thank you for ruining it for me! ;)

Forum List

Back