Basic Incintive For Minimum-Wage Workers To Raise Themselves Out Of Their Hole...

The left is well aware of the fact that business is only motivated by profit, that's why we find it perplexing that righties seem to think business is motivated by the benevolent ends of job creation.

dunno where you lefties get the impression that we on the right believe that business is in any way motivated by benevolence...

it's all about profit... benevolence doesn't enter into the equation...

Job Creators Job Creators

How often do we hear righty businessmen talk about how awesome they are because they "create jobs" -- when fact is they'd just as soon fire someone as hire them depending on which is more profitable?

The left is well aware of the fact that business is only motivated by profit, that's why we find it perplexing that righties seem to think business is motivated by the benevolent ends of job creation.

dunno where you lefties get the impression that we on the right believe that business is in any way motivated by benevolence...

How often do we hear righty businessmen talk about how awesome they are because they "create jobs" -- when fact is they'd just as soon fire someone as hire them depending on which is more profitable?

it didn't go unnoticed that you cherry-picked my post...

I can easily imagine that you believe the laws of gravity are unfair to folks who have less wind resistance...

Last edited:

I'm assuming you are acting dense on purpose, but I'll play your little game. No business owner wants to fire anyone. To fire someone usually means your business is losing money instead of making money. The byproduct of making money is jobs. Business owners would MUCH rather be hiring than firing because it is an indication of their success.

My curiosity is piqued. How would you change an economy motivated by profit?

Change it for what?

Then you are satisfied with how businesses operate and agree with their profit motive?

New Topics

Forum List

Back