Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A41998-2004Apr25?language=printer

Democrats to Target Cheney
Attacks on Vice President Aimed at Eroding Confidence in Bush
By Mike Allen and Jim VandeHei
Washington Post Staff Writers
Monday, April 26, 2004; Page A04

Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) and the Democratic Party will open a week-long assault on Vice President Cheney today in hopes that tarring him as promoting secrecy and controversial policies will erode confidence in President Bush.

Cheney is less popular than Bush in polls, and Democratic strategists said they need to further inhibit the vice president's effectiveness as Bush's attack messenger.

"Well we cant get Bush. We've being doing it for years now and people are stating to see through it. LEts go after Cheney for a whole week and see how it works out." -Democrats

Cheney's bad for Bush's image. Most of the stuff Bush gets bashed for was either done by Cheney or was Cheney's idea. Bush needs a different running mate, like Gingrich (sp?), Rice, or Ashcroft, maybe even Dole. I mean, do we want Bush to go the way of Theodan?

Katto_wormtongue.jpg

If you don't get the joke, get a clue and go see the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy...loser.

If Bush is going to dump Cheney, I wouldn't replace him with any of the names you mention and here's why: Gingrich has no credibility and is a political liability because of his big mouth, that's why he was run out of the House of Representatives by his own party, Ashcroft is so hated by many Independents and especially Democrats, I dare say that choice could even alienate Bush's best pal Zell Miller (so maybe I should support Bush choosing Ashcroft ;) ) As for Condi Rice, she has too much 9/11 political baggage, and Dole is too damn old. If he's going to dump Cheney and still win he'd have to pick someone like Guiliani or perhaps Bill Frist.

acludem

I don't think that Cheney will be dumped. In any case, it's Kerry that has a problem, focusing on the Veep just shows that his attacks on Bush are going no where. People do not vote for the VP, but the top of the ticket.

It's idle talk. Bush is not getting rid of Cheney, and it's because of this simple little thing called loyalty. Bush is loyal to his subordinates, just as he expects loyalty in return. It's a great way to run an organization.

Forum List

Back