Based on his record, do you consider Ryan

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
A fiscal conservative?

Also - please stop asking why people are "already" going after him. He's "already" going after Obama, it's par for the course and not out of the ordinary, not even for him!

“Have any of you met Paul Ryan? We should get him to come to the university. I’m telling you this guy is amazing, uh. I always thought that I was OK with arithmetic, but this guy can run circles around me. And, he is honest. He is straightforward. He is sincere.

And, the budget that he came forward with is just like Paul Ryan. It is a sensible, straightforward, serious budget and it cut the budget deficit by $4 trillion…just like we did.

- Erskine Bowles, Obama Defect Commissioner

“Have any of you met Paul Ryan? We should get him to come to the university. I’m telling you this guy is amazing, uh. I always thought that I was OK with arithmetic, but this guy can run circles around me. And, he is honest. He is straightforward. He is sincere.

And, the budget that he came forward with is just like Paul Ryan. It is a sensible, straightforward, serious budget and it cut the budget deficit by $4 trillion…just like we did.

First words:

"based on his record."

No, he's a hard right wing nutcase.

I'm not here to demagogue anyone, I'm wondering if he's SERIOUSLY considered a fiscal conservative, or just now, just 'cuz of the Election....

Are Fiscal Conservatives of the board for the Stimulus, and things of that nature, like Ryan?

Growing up in a blue collar middle class family:

While growing up, Ryan and his family often went on hiking and skiing trips in the Colorado Rocky Mountains.[7][14] Since Ryan shares his first name with his father, he was given the nickname, "P.D." (for Paul Davis), but it was often mistaken for "Petey", which Ryan disliked.[15] When Ryan was 16, his father died of a heart attack in bed and Ryan found him there. According to Ryan, his father, grandfather and great-grandfather all died from heart attacks at ages 55, 57, and 59 respectively, inspiring his later interest in health and exercise.[14] After his father's death, Ryan's grandmother, who suffered from Alzheimer's disease, moved in with his family and he helped care for her.[4] His father’s death provided Ryan with Social Security benefits until his 18th birthday, which he saved to pay for his education at Miami University of Ohio.[15][16]
As a junior at Joseph A. Craig High School in Janesville, Ryan was elected class president, which made him prom king and gave him his first political position, a seat on the school board representing his high school.[4] He competed in track, was on his high school's ski and varsity soccer teams and played basketball in a Catholic recreational league,[17][18][19] as well as being a member of several academic clubs and the Model United Nations.[17][4] After his sophomore year he worked the grill at McDonald's.[4]
Paul Ryan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And you're right he is brilliant with numbers--here is one of his confrontations with Barack Obama.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPxMZ1WdINs]Paul Ryan: Hiding Spending Doesn't Reduce Spending - YouTube[/ame]

"When you have no record to run on, you need to paint your opponent as someone people should run from"--Barack Obama

A fiscal conservative?

Also - please stop asking why people are "already" going after him. He's "already" going after Obama, it's par for the course and not out of the ordinary, not even for him!

Based on his record? No

Growing up in a blue collar middle class family:

While growing up, Ryan and his family often went on hiking and skiing trips in the Colorado Rocky Mountains.[7][14] Since Ryan shares his first name with his father, he was given the nickname, "P.D." (for Paul Davis), but it was often mistaken for "Petey", which Ryan disliked.[15] When Ryan was 16, his father died of a heart attack in bed and Ryan found him there. According to Ryan, his father, grandfather and great-grandfather all died from heart attacks at ages 55, 57, and 59 respectively, inspiring his later interest in health and exercise.[14] After his father's death, Ryan's grandmother, who suffered from Alzheimer's disease, moved in with his family and he helped care for her.[4] His father’s death provided Ryan with Social Security benefits until his 18th birthday, which he saved to pay for his education at Miami University of Ohio.[15][16]
As a junior at Joseph A. Craig High School in Janesville, Ryan was elected class president, which made him prom king and gave him his first political position, a seat on the school board representing his high school.[4] He competed in track, was on his high school's ski and varsity soccer teams and played basketball in a Catholic recreational league,[17][18][19] as well as being a member of several academic clubs and the Model United Nations.[17][4] After his sophomore year he worked the grill at McDonald's.[4]
Paul Ryan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And you're right he is brilliant with numbers--here is one of his confrontations with Barack Obama.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPxMZ1WdINs]Paul Ryan: Hiding Spending Doesn't Reduce Spending - YouTube[/ame]

"When you have no record to run on, you need to paint your opponent as someone people should run from"--Barack Obama

Working at McDonalds, debating Obama and being a Genius with numbers makes him a fiscal conservative in office?

I'm talking about his voting record.

A fiscal conservative?

Based on his record? No

I wouldn't say so, either.

It looks to me that no matter who wins the election, it's like the last 30 or so years - new faces, same behind the scenes secret leaders.

His record is that of a politician. Not a leader.

It's kind of booty, all these guys that have been in and around Politics for quarter-century or more - becoming extremely comfortable and familiar with THAT sort of life, and then trying to represent the a-political people (not like us, but people who don't give three shits about politics usually BECAUSE of the doucheness and bickering involved)

Seeing as he made a budget and it passed the house I would say he is and you idiots who thinki otherwise just show you ignorance

So because he made a budget you like - that erases his clearly NOT Fiscal Conservative spending record?

Makes perfect sense, man. Also calling people ignorant when your train of thought is to ignore his record in evaluating the man?

Or do you agree with his vote on things like the stimulus? How are you going about reconciling these things when you call him a fiscal conservative?

A fiscal conservative?

Do we go by his cumulative record or his words and actions since 2011? If the former, no; if the latter, he’s a fiscal conservative ideologue – but that’s a problem for his supporters to sort out.

True, there is no ‘already,’ as Ryan’s clearly gone on the record that he advocates a reckless and ineffective rightist fiscal ‘policy.’

In a body composed strictly of politicians, he has stood out as a leader.

The entire OP is meaningless.

He is MUCH MORE CONSERVATIVE than the current occupant, and that is all that matters at this point in time.

Seeing as he made a budget and it passed the house I would say he is and you idiots who thinki otherwise just show you ignorance

So because he made a budget you like - that erases his clearly NOT Fiscal Conservative spending record?

Makes perfect sense, man. Also calling people ignorant when your train of thought is to ignore his record in evaluating the man?

Or do you agree with his vote on things like the stimulus? How are you going about reconciling these things when you call him a fiscal conservative?

I see....Any time a conservative spends he is not a conservative....Grow up

He is MUCH MORE CONSERVATIVE than the current occupant, and that is all that matters at this point in time.

Hey, the OP is not meaningless. It's making people who have not done so, but want to offer up analysis, do research. That's a good thing.

And if you continue to excuse these guys that spend like the wind, then complain about spending day and night, and then come around next election and have the attitude that he's "not the other guy," well - forgive me when I don't really take your spending views all too seriously.

The fuck you think the problem with spending really is? Giving people excuses b/c you're a party first partisan, is what.

But that's all cool with me, long as I don't hear crying when he raises the debt like all Presidents have for the last 60+ years. Cry me a river that Obama's a big spender when you helped make it happen.

I see....Any time a conservative spends he is not a conservative....Grow up

You clearly have not examined his record. Thanks for telling me, and anyways I've been advised you're a loony dickhead and not to try and have any type of convo. with ya so.....peace.

Hey, the OP is not meaningless. It's making people who have not done so, but want to offer up analysis, do research. That's a good thing.

And if you continue to excuse these guys that spend like the wind, then complain about spending day and night, and then come around next election and have the attitude that he's "not the other guy," well - forgive me when I don't really take your spending views all too seriously.

The fuck you think the problem with spending really is? Giving people excuses b/c you're a party first partisan, is what.

But that's all cool with me, long as I don't hear crying when he raises the debt like all Presidents have for the last 60+ years. Cry me a river that Obama's a big spender when you helped make it happen.
No one is excusing anyone.

But if you fear more spending, by all means, vote for the Only man in the race who has added 5 trillion dollars in deficit spending in the last 3 years.

America simply has no choice. Obama must go, and if the candidate to replace him is not as conservative as I want him to be, then I need to work harder at getting a better candidate next time.

This time around, it is what it is. And the Romney/Ryan ticket is the ONLY answer to our problems.

New Topics

Forum List

Back