Baseball players talking strike?

evenflow1969

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2016
Ohio
After hearing about a guy getting a 300 million dollar salary. Layers union complaining about free agency and even talking strike! I am not sure how thisw will go over especialy in days when ratings are down. Can the game take another strike?

Good, that boring sport is clogging up my sports pages.

I'm a wrestling fan myself, I really could give a shit about baseball. Its too boring with all the reviews and replays. It was slow enough already.

Thank God that the WWE doesn't allow booth reviews. There are a lot of close calls as far as 3-counts are concerned, a single match would never end.

I'm a wrestling fan myself, I really could give a shit about baseball. Its too boring with all the reviews and replays. It was slow enough already.

Thank God that the WWE doesn't allow booth reviews. There are a lot of close calls as far as 3-counts are concerned, a single match would never end.
Wrestling is fake, you fucking duffus. :lmao:

Ya, the reviews are realy difficult to deal with.

John Stossel thought it was fake as well.

John Stossel thought it was fake as well.

It’s totally fake, are you retarded or something?

The contract with the player's union runs through the 2021 season. They can't call what's happening "collusion" any more than the Rats saying Trump "colluded" with russia. Anybody who's tired of shelling out $100 all-told to see a game at the park should welcome what's happening.....few if any $30M a year players or even $20M a year players and guys who were making $12-15M a year having to take $3-4M this year because everybody is rebuilding, stocking the farm, and becoming home-grown. When the salaries are totaling $100M less a year, the ticket, parking, food, and beer prices will come down and we working stiffs will be able to afford 3 or 4 games a year instead of one. Jose Inglesias, the Detroit SS for the past few years (and the best I ever saw and I've seen Trammell, Ozzie...all of them, all the way back to Luis Aparicio), just had to settle for a MINOR LEAGUE contract with the Reds...he can make $3M if he makes the team (he will)...but he expected at least 3 years at $10M a year....those days are gone.

The contract with the player's union runs through the 2021 season. They can't call what's happening "collusion" any more than the Rats saying Trump "colluded" with russia. Anybody who's tired of shelling out $100 all-told to see a game at the park should welcome what's happening.....few if any $30M a year players or even $20M a year players and guys who were making $12-15M a year having to take $3-4M this year because everybody is rebuilding, stocking the farm, and becoming home-grown. When the salaries are totaling $100M less a year, the ticket, parking, food, and beer prices will come down and we working stiffs will be able to afford 3 or 4 games a year instead of one. Jose Inglesias, the Detroit SS for the past few years (and the best I ever saw and I've seen Trammell, Ozzie...all of them, all the way back to Luis Aparicio), just had to settle for a MINOR LEAGUE contract with the Reds...he can make $3M if he makes the team (he will)...but he expected at least 3 years at $10M a year....those days are gone.
Decades ago I used to complain about the food choices and other things like many others did. They are the good old days compared to now. Baseball was the sport and it is not now. Even with more people at games. The price for what you get is only worth it if you get a well played nail biter or a game where your team does all the executions in a one sided victory. You used to be able to bring coolers and much more into the ballparks. Now they limit what you bring in to a small clear backpack. Of course we help this out with our forced payments in CABLE TV to ESPN and other sports networks. Giving people the option to opt out of CABLE TV channels we do not want to reduce our bills seems to be going no where. Cable companies are building large high rises with the money they are making from the peon. So strike and cause more people to not care.

I agree...great post! Millionaire players on strike fighting billionaire owners is something we fans won't tolerate again...it's OUR game, not theirs. Another factor is the union can't stop "scab" players from being signed and with so many teams ready to field guys nobody's heard of, who gives a shit? The TV contracts also won't tolerate the high prices....they don't want to show games with 10K fans in the seats. Cities aren't bowing to team demands for new stadiums at taxpayer expense anymore either since it costs too much to go to games. So let em strike or settle for a couple million a 6 month year...boofuckinghoo. The superstars will still make good cake but not the mediocre players who couldn't have made a big league roster in the 50's.

My Tigers have two contracts left to finish....Cabrera at $30M a year and Zimmerman $25M for this year and next....he's been a total flop so far....Miggy is 36 and coming off a torn bicep, back and groin problems yet is signed for this year and 4 more....Mike Ilitch was taking no chances he'd go into the HOF not wearing a Detroit cap.

So they want a $100M payroll with 2 guys making up $55M of it...Ilitch thought he could compete with the Yankees (who's TV contract alone was $200M a year....pays their entire salary structure and everything else, tickets, parking, concessions, are gravy). His teams drew 3M fans a year but Detroit is a mid-level revenue team. When Mike died a year ago, his son took over and won't lose the kind of money his dad did. So unless the leagues go in-house and stop spending what they don't have and ripping off their fans, there will only be half a dozen teams left in either league...and when that happens they can kiss their big money TV contracts goodbye.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back