Baseball Is Not War

nakedemperor

Aug 5, 2004
NYC
I was at Fenway Park last night and heard some of the following during the latest installment of the Yankee-Red Sox rivalry from the Fenway Faithful:

"Hey Mariano, learn how to install a pool!"
(Mariano Rivera, a pitcher for New York, lost his nephew and his brother-in-law who were electrocuted in his pool in Panama a few days ago.)
"Hey Miguel, you're a fucking Al Qaeda terrorist!"
(Miguel Cairo plays second base for the Yankees. He's hispanic.)
"Bernie, I raped your wife!"
(Bernie Williams is a devout Christian who obviously deserved it.)

Baseball is not war. I really hope it was just the beer and the adrenaline speaking, but who the hell gets off saying things like this? Especially considering life outside the ballpark.

Absolutely moronic! Seems that sportsmanship is dead (for the fans, as well as the athletes!)

BTW....the Sox are my second favorite team! I wish them well tonight!

(go soak that Mr. P!!!!! I like professional sports for the entertainment value, but not the behavior!)

Fmr jarhead said:
Absolutely moronic! Seems that sportsmanship is dead (for the fans, as well as the athletes!)

BTW....the Sox are my second favorite team! I wish them well tonight!

(go soak that Mr. P!!!!! I like professional sports for the entertainment value, but not the behavior!)

Ahhhhhhhhh...you must be making the Black Bean soup.

Well, if you must know, I have a bit of "crisped" pork roast in it, as well.....

Good stuff, since the weather is starting to change...getting cooler here, for sure!

Leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow afternnon for 6 days (work!!!!!)

You think that's harsh?

Try going to a Philedelphia Flyers game. Some of the best fans in sports period... and I hate the Flyers ;)

Those guys are ruthless. I remember back in the day they used to throw batteries on the ice at players.

You think that shit talk is bad? Whew... that was weak. I remember being at an L.A. Kings game and Theoron Fleury (which Im sure no one here knows) is a recovering alcoholic ...*ahem*.. sorry "recovering" alcoholic, and people were yelling over the glass at him saying "Maybe you need a drink, Theo, you fucken loser!" "Get off the ice you fucken lush", etc..

That was just something I recalled right now..

Dilloduck put it best..

Fmr jarhead said:
Well, if you must know, I have a bit of "crisped" pork roast in it, as well.....

Good stuff, since the weather is starting to change...getting cooler here, for sure!

Leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow afternnon for 6 days (work!!!!!)

Let me know how the soup turns out.

Leave the $$ at home when ya go
to Vegas. I spent 5 days at Caesars
on business and did a lot of watching. One day reality hit me in the face...The armored trucks! They always took money out of the place, they never brought it in. Gotta tell ya somethin, even a slow Southern boy like me understands that.:D

Take care.

I think it is abhorrent and intolerable behavior!

Nothing I would want to take my boy out to see, that's for sure! It's a shame that a few idiots ruin it for many who appreciate proper and civilized behavior.

What's wrong with a little chatter from 3rd base...."hmmmmbatter, battttttterrrrr......swing....." instead of the epithets being slung about, now?

Mr. P said:
Let me know how the soup turns out.

Leave the $$ at home when ya go
to Vegas. I spent 5 days at Caesars
on business and did a lot of watching. One day reality hit me in the face...The armored trucks! They always took money out of the place, they never brought it in. Gotta tell ya somethin, even a slow Southern boy like me understands that.:D

Take care.

I'm sure it will be fine.....the soup, that is.....

I always take a couple of C notes with to spend, with the realization that there are not going to be any presents coming home.

They did not build Las Vegas on winners!

Fmr jarhead said:
I think it is abhorrent and intolerable behavior!

Nothing I would want to take my boy out to see, that's for sure! It's a shame that a few idiots ruin it for many who appreciate proper and civilized behavior.

What's wrong with a little chatter from 3rd base...."hmmmmbatter, battttttterrrrr......swing....." instead of the epithets being slung about, now?

oh i understand you.. that's for sure.. i couldn't sling those insults.

but uh.. hmmm batter batter batter saaawinng batter is a BIT dated. haha but i get your point.

but thats the way the world is.. maybe you can blame liberals for it :) haha jk

nakedemperor said:
I was at Fenway Park last night and heard some of the following during the latest installment of the Yankee-Red Sox rivalry from the Fenway Faithful:

(Mariano Rivera, a pitcher for New York, lost his nephew and his brother-in-law who were electrocuted in his pool in Panama a few days ago.)

Baseball is not war. I really hope it was just the beer and the adrenaline speaking, but who the hell gets off saying things like this? Especially considering life outside the ballpark.

I'm a Detroit/UM (Michigan) fan. As such, I am proud to say that despite the city's reputation, Detroit possesses some of most respectfull fans in all of sports. But in fairness, it was because we Detroit/UM/MSU fans had seen more championships pass through the area. Lack of championships does lead to frustration amongst fans.

To understand why a Red Sox fan acts the way he/she does, all you'll have to do is to compare them to a Tigers' fan.

Do the Tigers suck? Yes! Did they have the worst winning % over the last 15 years in the MLB?..Yes! Will they suck next year?..Probably.

With all of this in mind, why do I feel better being a Tigers' fan rather than being an Red Sox fan? Because unlike Red Sox fans, I, my father, and my grandfather, saw the Tigers win the Worlds Series. No matter how bad the Tigers play, we can always hang that over the Red Sox fans' heads. That has to suck when you think about it.

Those fans are angry; angry people say and do hatefull things. Turn the other cheek and keep focus on the task at hand; allow their ignorance to speak for them. After three weeks on this site, I'd found it a challenge to avoid "fighting fire with fire"; I think I'm doing a good job!

"A man who strikes in anger is more likely to lose in combat versus a man of peace. For anger is without disclipline; without discipline, no one can master the art of combat"
-Bruce Lee

:bye1:

At least the Tigers have won a series.....

I have been a Cub's fan for as long as I can remember, and I know frustration!

(I went to high school with a guy who played for Bo Schembechler and went on to play for Green Bay....)

Fmr jarhead said:
At least the Tigers have won a series.....

I have been a Cub's fan for as long as I can remember, and I know frustration!

(I went to high school with a guy who played for Bo Schembechler and went on to play for Green Bay....)

You guys (Cubs fans) disentigrated (LITERALLY) the ball!! hahaha now THAT'S a fan base. Damn, even tho its "crazy", I'm jealous. That's awesome hahaha It's like here in L.A., when the Kings (Hockey) went to the Stanley Cup and this guy Marty McSorely used an illegal curved blade which lead to a horribly moral-defeating loss then ultimately the series. I ALWAYS wanted to destroy that stick! bad luck!

nakedemperor said:

Might make you understand why a player would want to throw a chair into the stands.

Forum List

Back