Baseball Beards

So you're saying you got hit or were scared to get racked by the baseball while batting? I'm not really getting where the cup ties in to all of this.

He hasn't got anything to put inside a cup...no balls, liar, fraud, snitch.

True, T-Ball used a soft baseball, I forget the name but my older son's T-Ball team which I managed went 20-1. A cup was not necessary.

I'm old enough that my first cup was metal, a loud clang was heard the when the pitcher hit the dirt and short hopped the cup.

I wore the tools of ignorance from 9 until 24. The plastic ones didn't ring but still were painful on the edges.
T-ball is for 4 or 5 year olds, but you didn't even really need a cup in Little League even as a catcher, because they had those front protector things that go down and over the groin area. They don't in professional baseball because it looks unprofessional.

O.k., I have seen pitchers get racked in LL, but it's not super common.

I didn't play professional baseball (though I did play against some in winter leagues in San Francisco, some retired and some in the minor leagues) but I caught and wore a cup in Jr. Hi, High School and in amateur wood bat leagues in SF on week ends until I was 24.

Pitchers in the latter leagues could throw hard, but did not necessarily know where the ball would go. Most tossed fastballs with the occasional curve or change up - some would catch too much of the plate when given a pitch out sign.
So you're saying you got hit or were scared to get racked by the baseball while batting? I'm not really getting where the cup ties in to all of this.
I didn't mean to insult you or anything, sorry if it came across that way, I was just curious why you would want to wear such an uncomfortable thing.

Your story about the amateur leagues is pretty interesting, anyway.

Look at this dumbass......right out of the Manson Family....

jayson-werth-beard-min.jpg

Jealous 'cause you can't grow facial hair huh. :itsok:

I'm old school about this.....I can't stand seeing beards on MLB players. I get it that they are young men, haven't been shaving all that long, and want to see what their beard might look like. Fine. Do it in the offseason where I don't have to look at you. Starting in the 80's, most starting pitchers in MLB didn't shave between starts to look menacing or whatever when they took the mound. Then after the game they've shave off the stubble. Long hair is even worse....watching a guy on the field swinging his hair out of the way like Farrah Fawcett turns my stomach. Kids are watching every move these guys make and they get enough fem signals online and in the government schools...let's keep pro sports....MANLY. Look at Daniel Norris... this fool who's always hurt, pretending he's going to be a star pitcher for the Detroit Tigers....he looks like a homeless bum.
q4yXp98.png

636524877837427589-norris2.jpg
Baseball was the only time of the year I kept a beard. Some of it was superstition, part of it was looking wild. I found chin music was much more effective if ya had a beard and a wild look in your eye. I use to stomp and snort alot like Mad Al. Of course back then it was a different game. In the old days the batter crowded the plate to much, they took a slider or a fastball to the ribs. Ain't like that any more. It use to be the fire baller was also the enforcer. The game has changed.

The simple fucker shaved today....took a barber over an hour to turn him back into a millionaire instead of a homeless derelict.....no, he didn't use the ax but he has before:

E1VZlhe.jpg

images

Forum List

Back