Baseball 2015 Thread

So it looks like hand job is a Cardinal fan. It's his favorite NL team or wait it may be the Cubs or the Giants, or the pirates, who the hell knows who it will be today.

The one thing for sure is hand job will stroke which ever team is the hottest.

the A'S did it to themselves being the idiots they were to let Cespedes go

The A's didn't lose their 2014 playoff game vs. the Royals for a lack of offense. The score was like 9-8 or something. They had a big lead in that game.

This year, the A's have scored more runs than any other team in the AL West. Cespedes has had a good year for the Tigers, but the problem for the A's this year has been bullpen and starting pitching.

But the A's are picking up steam with a 5 game win streak and a good June record. Hahn and Graveman (two young arms picked up in off-season trades) have turned around rough starts to 2015 and are now pitching well to complement Gray and Kazmir. Brett Lawrie is on fire. Billy Burns is vying for rookie of the year. Ike Davis is back. The emergence of Phegley allows Vogt to get a little rest on the bench or as a DH. The return of Zobrist gives Bob Melvin a variety of options as far as 2B, LF and DH.

Plus, the marine layer cools O.Co off so the team gets refreshed during homestands, as opposed to the Rangers who have to play in an oven. It's all setting up for a little run at the unproven Astros (9 games ahead). The Yankees and Twins are about 7 games ahead for the wildcard.

It seems like there's time to get back into the race. Let it ride for a bit. If the A's can't gain traction, there's the option of trading Kazmir and/or Zobrist.

the A'S did it to themselves being the idiots they were to let Cespedes go

The A's didn't lose their 2014 playoff game vs. the Royals for a lack of offense. The score was like 9-8 or something. They had a big lead in that game.

This year, the A's have scored more runs than any other team in the AL West. Cespedes has had a good year for the Tigers, but the problem for the A's this year has been bullpen and starting pitching.

But the A's are picking up steam with a 5 game win streak and a good June record. Hahn and Graveman (two young arms picked up in off-season trades) have turned around rough starts to 2015 and are now pitching well to complement Gray and Kazmir. Brett Lawrie is on fire. Billy Burns is vying for rookie of the year. Ike Davis is back. The emergence of Phegley allows Vogt to get a little rest on the bench or as a DH. The return of Zobrist gives Bob Melvin a variety of options as far as 2B, LF and DH.

Plus, the marine layer cools O.Co off so the team gets refreshed during homestands, as opposed to the Rangers who have to play in an oven. It's all setting up for a little run at the unproven Astros (9 games ahead). The Yankees and Twins are about 7 games ahead for the wildcard.

It seems like there's time to get back into the race. Let it ride for a bit. If the A's can't gain traction, there's the option of trading Kazmir and/or Zobrist.
yeah I was glad to see that they are the hottest team in baseball right now winning nine of their last 11.

i wouldnt mind it at all if they won at least 2 out of three against the royals this weekend,the royals were in the wold series and made it to the 7th game last year,let the a's have their turn.

I hope your not going to miss the three game series against the royals starting tonight? I know Im not.there just might be a chance of another brawl.lol there is some bad blood boiling over with the royals form this incident so it will be interesting to see if something happens.:biggrin:

cant believe the cubs have a winning record this year.by memorial day,this time of year they are always in the celler in last place and out of the race with the season already over with. they did say however that they could be good this year cause they have some young talent that came on strong and jelled together the last couple of months last year.

would be cool for the city of oakland if they could win the world series this year but with the bad start they had this year i dont see that happening.maybe they can do what the cubs did,the cubs season last year was over with by memorial day like always but towards the last couple months they caught fire and have jelled together as a young team.maybe that could happen with the A's next year hopefully.

And here it is. Five games scheduled before the Mid-Summer Classic and my beloved Pittsburgh Pirates are playing at a .590 clip and only 4.5 games out with the Cardinals coming to PNC for a four game series starting Thursday.

Mark my words. If the Pirates are anywhere around 3.5 games out of first by the All Star break, they will win the NL Central.

And here it is. Five games scheduled before the Mid-Summer Classic and my beloved Pittsburgh Pirates are playing at a .590 clip and only 4.5 games out with the Cardinals coming to PNC for a four game series starting Thursday.

Mark my words. If the Pirates are anywhere around 3.5 games out of first by the All Star break, they will win the NL Central.

Glad to see the Pirates still doing well.I got to say I am impressed.I figured they would be terrible this year after losing their catcher.catcher is such an important piece to the team i figured they would tank this year.glad to see i was wrong.

I only wish the Cardinals wouldnt keep winning.I so much hate st louis sports teams.would love to see the pirates and cubs square off in the NL championship series and the winner face the royals in the world series.

That wont happen though,the freaking cardinals wont stop winning.

Glad to see the Pirates still doing well.I got to say I am impressed.I figured they would be terrible this year after losing their catcher.catcher is such an important piece to the team i figured they would tank this year.glad to see i was wrong.

I only wish the Cardinals wouldnt keep winning.I so much hate st louis sports teams.would love to see the pirates and cubs square off in the NL championship series and the winner face the royals in the world series.

If the Pirates were in any other division, they would be in first place. The Buccos have won 4 straight and 8 out of their last 10. In this week alone, Pirate pitchers have retired 11 straight batters in one game, 15 straight in the next game, and 17 straight in the game before that!

Francisco Cervelli has been great behind the plate. The only Pirates pitcher he does not catch is Gerrit Cole. And Cervelli is hitting .317! He should be going to the All Star Game!

Yeah I noticed that the Pirates have the second best record in MLB.I wasnt aware of that.

would love it if the Pirates and the Cubs squared off against each other in the NL championship game.they are my two favorites teams in the NL.would love to see either one of them in the world series.

If the Pirates were in any other division, they would be in first place. The Buccos have won 4 straight and 8 out of their last 10. In this week alone, Pirate pitchers have retired 11 straight batters in one game, 15 straight in the next game, and 17 straight in the game before that!

Francisco Cervelli has been great behind the plate. The only Pirates pitcher he does not catch is Gerrit Cole. And Cervelli is hitting .317! He should be going to the All Star Game!

Good on ya Nosmo --- Go Buccos. If my Pennsylvania team can't cut it any more, yours should take the baton. Until we're ready to take it back of course. :D

Won't be any time soon though. :(

I just wanna know one thing.
--- Where did you find that secret switch to turn on A.J. Burnett?
scratch_head.gif

Good on ya Nosmo --- Go Buccos. If my Pennsylvania team can't cut it any more, yours should take the baton. Until we're ready to take it back of course. :D

scratch_head.gif
Ya know, Burnett was a machine in 2013. But he was a bit of a head case. Last season he shouted at Clint Barmes about playing out of position. A.J. Was right. Barmes was a defensive weak link in the middle infield. But Burnett handled it out in the open instead of calling the catcher to the mound so the whole infield could talk I it over.

The problem this year is already over. Burnett got lousy run support in that train wreck of an April the Pirates had.

scratch_head.gif
Ya know, Burnett was a machine in 2013. But he was a bit of a head case. Last season he shouted at Clint Barmes about playing out of position. A.J. Was right. Barmes was a defensive weak link in the middle infield. But Burnett handled it out in the open instead of calling the catcher to the mound so the whole infield could talk I it over.

The problem this year is already over. Burnett got lousy run support in that train wreck of an April the Pirates had.
that train wreck they were having in april,i thought for sure their season was over with and losing their catcher was going to derail their season.

I love it that both the Royals and Pirates have been contenders the last couple of seasons.great to see these small market teams competing with these big dollar teams.:banana::thup:

I really love it that the big dollar red sox are doing so horrible this year.:up:

Only thing that would be sweeter is if the cards and yankees were doing bad as well.hate them far worse than the red sox.

baseball used to be enjoyable to watch at one time before players got greedy and played it for the money and stopped playing their entire careers for one team and before greedy owners tore classic ballparks down.

now the game has gone to hell because of that and the all star game thats being played tonight means nothing to me anymore in this day and age which is sad because this is despite the fact that there are four royal players selected as starters.the royals of course have always been my team.

Things can change rapidly, but the key race right now is Giants vs Cubs for the 2nd wildcard spot in the NL.

The Cubs are reported to be making a try for Tigers pitcher David Price.

Also: "The Cubs are offering standout prospect Javier Baez and established shortstop Starlin Castro in an attempt to land Phillies prized pitcher Cole Hamels, a team executive has told ESPN.com senior baseball writer Jayson Stark."

There were rumors a while back that the Giants are also interested in David Price. But, I don't think the Giants should do anything. They need Aoki back so Pagan can catch a rest. At that point they'll have 6 outfielders. I don't see a real opportunity to improve their infield. And they have 6 starting pitchers already (Bumgarner, Cain, Peavy, Heston, Vogelsong, Hudson).

Things can change rapidly, but the key race right now is Giants vs Cubs for the 2nd wildcard spot in the NL.

The Cubs are reported to be making a try for Tigers pitcher David Price.

Also: "The Cubs are offering standout prospect Javier Baez and established shortstop Starlin Castro in an attempt to land Phillies prized pitcher Cole Hamels, a team executive has told ESPN.com senior baseball writer Jayson Stark."

There were rumors a while back that the Giants are also interested in David Price. But, I don't think the Giants should do anything. They need Aoki back so Pagan can catch a rest. At that point they'll have 6 outfielders. I don't see a real opportunity to improve their infield. And they have 6 starting pitchers already (Bumgarner, Cain, Peavy, Heston, Vogelsong, Hudson).

We don't need a shortstop. Got an adequate one and a prospect almost ready.
For that matter we have a 2B who's working out pretty well too.

I dunno, we hear a lot about moving Cole Hamels. Yes he's talent that will bring something, he's durable (goes 110-120 pitches without a sweat and rarely misses any time for injury) --- but the fact is starting pitching is one of our biggest needs. Doesn't make much sense to lose the only ace you have. Then you have to rebuild what you just gave up. Kind of begs the question, what was the point?

I could see moving Papelbon though. Such a deal. I'll throw in a Ryan Howard. :D

Forum List

Back