Baseball 2015 Thread

'Grom' in surfer language translates to 'kid'.

Jacob DeGrom (2014 NL Rookie of the Year) hurls for the Mets tonight.
So far, no sophomore jinx, as he's given up 2 runs in 19.1 innings. The Yankee's lineup is old, but still deadly if you're not careful. Stay out of the middle of the plate vs Teixeira and ARod. Keep Ellsbury and Butler off the bases as much as possible. This game vs Pineda is the most difficult one to get, and then you're into Sabathia and a favorable chance to extend the winning streak.

I lauded the A's offense and they promptly got shut out. That's fitting. The point is that they're not the pathetic offense that sites like cbssportsline made them out to be.

La Russo will always be my favorite manager in baseball history for doing that for him. i sure would like to thank him for that someday.

In September, LaRussa was hired as president of the Diamondbacks. His first action was to fire Kirk Gibson. That is funny.

Ventura with the Royals a jerk or what? He has be involved with every Royal incident this season, if he were in the NL he wouldn't be so aggressive, he'd have pitchers nailing him every at bat.

People don't like Brett Lawrie, so much so that hitting him once wasn't enough. Lawrie is a high-strung emotional immature guy. Plus, he has a gigantic hole in his swing. He does fine against lefties but he can't see the ball against righties. He's going to have to fix that or the A's are really going to start missing Donaldson (who hit a 500 foot HR yesterday). The silver lining is that Lawrie has played excellent defense, and they got two promising young pitchers in the trade.

yeah I am finding that out as well what you are talking about on Lawrie being immature.all the other players on both teams from the A'S and royals had all let it go and were over it and had forgotten all about it but he went and made some kind of immature comment about the brawl two days later long after it was over with proving he hadnt forgotten about it and moved on like everybody else had.

heres keeping these classic moments together in one post here.

ah the good old days when baseball was fun to watch.where you had players playing with one team their whole careers and classic ballparks and the team that won the division went on and the others stayed home before that asinine 3 way wild card playoff crap.

Never seen this stuff. I like a good baseball fight.

Baseball had some great rivals back in the day. Baseball has lost a lot of its luster over the years.

ah the good old days when baseball was fun to watch.where you had players playing with one team their whole careers and classic ballparks and the team that won the division went on and the others stayed home before that asinine 3 way wild card playoff crap.

I'm not sure if I had seen those before or not. Even baseball fights bore me. :lol:

I'm not sure if I had seen those before or not. Even baseball fights bore me. :lol:

I sure hope you are being sarcastic and joking that baseball fights bore you? come on thats FAR more exciting than a THREE HOUR football game a fight that happens FAST like that.

I sure hope you are being sarcastic and joking that baseball fights bore you? come on thats FAR more exciting than a THREE HOUR football game a fight that happens FAST like that.

No, I'm not joking. Baseball fights bore me. They aren't much in the way of fights. To be fair, football fights bore me, too. I'm OK with hockey fights, but if I want to see fighting, I'll watch some UFC. ;)

Baseball fights, in my limited experience, are almost all sound with no fury, so to speak.

Get drunk and kill yourself and your 'girlfriend' while putting others in danger and you get a tribute for it? And from an organization and community to whom you really made no solid contributions in the first place?

St. Louis Cardinals organization is gutless, politically correct garbage.....

efdbfaba97d79410730f6a7067008b60.jpg

Pretty sad, that we as a nation make sports figures our heroes. Even though they behaved irresponsibly. If he had survived and his girl friend died, he'd be up for manslaughter.

Get drunk and kill yourself and your 'girlfriend' while putting others in danger and you get a tribute for it? And from an organization and community to whom you really made no solid contributions in the first place?

??

:dunno:

ONE MORE reason why I hate STANK LOUIS sports fans.

ONE MORE reason why I hate STANK LOUIS sports fans.

What in the fuck are you even talking about?
ScratchHead.gif

??

Read up on number 18. Google it, read where the man they are honoring was driving 5 times over the legal limit and got in an accident and killed himself and his girlfriend.

I can't see honoring a person like that.

??

Read up on number 18. Google it, read where the man they are honoring was driving 5 times over the legal limit and got in an accident and killed himself and his girlfriend.

Post 18 gives no clue at all --
Did KC do anything to ad some pop to that anemic collection of hitters?

No which is no surprise considering their owner should be called David ASS instead of being referred to as David Glass.Ewing Kauffman until this past year,had to be rolling over in his grave the way he took that franchise into the ground for so many years.

One thing I think he did do right though is not resign Billy Butler.He was worthless this past season and the year before as a designated hitter.If thats all they were going to keep him for which they were,then it was smart to unload him.They couldnt get any worse at the DH spot now,they can only get better so that will help.lol

btw,did you watch those three videos of mine? by chance did you see those moments back in the 70's when they happened live like I did? If you DID, am I right that since then,this was the first time you had seen those moments since way back then in the 70's when they actually played the game for the love of the game instead of the love for the money?
Seems inexplicable to me unless they have some hot prospects in the minors. Did not watch the vids. I do agree the huge contracts are ruining most major team sports though I think its more recent problem than all the way back to the 70's

Whatever y'all are on about I doubt any baseball team got together to "honor" irresponsible driving. I suspect they were there to honor what he did on the field.

-- Whatever that might have been, whoever we're talking about...

In any case it's got nothing to do with baseball so... :gives:

Stop being a pious fuck, Pogo.

Dude manslaughtered a girl. Cardinals then honored him for it. And he didn't do anything on the field to deserve that honor either.

I don't know if he did or didn't, since he apparently has no name.
MLB has no records of a player named "Dude".

I don't know if he did or didn't, since he apparently has no name.
MLB has no records of a player named "Dude".

You're dude on your best day.

New Topics

Forum List

Back