Baseball 2015 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by TheOldSchool, Feb 6, 2015.

1. rightwinger

rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +100,882
    Mets are waiting to find out who they are going to beat in the World Series

2. Vikrant

Vikrant Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,269
    Giants are out. So I have lost interest in the baseball till next year.

3. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53,753
    I'll go with -- the Mets.

4. sealybobo

sealybobo BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,862
    I think I told you no way the royals would even be in the world series. I said it must suck being a royals fan because they're never competitive. I named other teams too like Pittsburgh or the mets.

Arent the royals playing the mets in the world series?

I can't find where I said it, but I remember saying it. Proves smack talk isnt worth the spit it produces. Congrats if its true and good luck. For you I'm rooting for the royals.

5. sealybobo

sealybobo BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,862
    My clear channel free TV doesn't get channel 2 and most games are on cable. Plus footballs on and tigers aren't in it. Or the Yankees

6. Papageorgio

Papageorgio The Ultimate Winner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,455
    I will wait until next year to get into baseball again, my teams are out and I have no interest in the three that are left.

7. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,855
    :thup:
    they will face the mets IF they win tonight,.that will be a tough task though because your former pitcher David Price is pitching and he was very tough on them last time.,they were not able to get things going till the 7th inning,till then he was shutting them down.hopefully they will have figured him out from last time and the bats wont be so quiet this time around tonight.

thats no surprise that you picked them not to make it back to the world series.everybody outside of KC always underestimates this team.how good they really are.they believe in each other and play for each other.thats why i enjoy watching them so much.

I dont enjoy watching them only because they are good. there is a lot more to it than that. they play the game for the love of the game instead of the love for the money which you just dont find in this day and age anymore so its a very refreshing change and exciting time to be a royals fan because of that.:thup:

this team has a never say die mentality,they never give up and never believe they are out of it no matter how bad the score is.They are the toughest team in baseball to strike out. everybody outside of kansas city also is not aware of just how tough it is to beat them in the 7th 8th or 9th innings when they have the lead not understanding just how much of a lights out bullpen they have.

It wasnt till last year that "I" understood this.the media here was interviewing some of the A's players "who at that time had the best record in baseball,what a diifference a year makes huh" and when they asked the players what it was like facing the royals bullpen they said that their bullpen was like nothing they had EVER seen before.:thup::banana:

plus last year it was their starting pitching that carried them through the whole season,the offense was non existant most the year.However the offense this year is far better and improved over last year.

Mike Moustakas was sent down to Omaha during the summer last season he was struggling at the plate so badly,this year he is tearing the cover off the ball and Alex Rios was a HUGE upgrade at DH over worthless Billy Butler whom oakland signed as a free agent in the off season.I could not believe oakland was stupid enough to do that.when that happened i said good riddance.:up:

Thats why Oakland has been so bad this year all these stupid moves they made in the off season Butler being the worst.lol

again they got to win it tonight because I have no faith in them winning with Johnny Cueto saturday night.

people outside of kansas city who dont follow this team closely underestimate just how good they really are,that they very well could be a dynasty for the next five years or so.I dont know for sure if they will be or not.Nobody does,but i CAN say with certainty though,they for do have the potenial in them with that lights out bullpen and the fact they are a young team who is only getting better and better and most are locked up to be around for the next four years or so.:thup:

I didnt get my dream world series matchup of the cubs and royals facing each other but I dont care,i never expected the cubs to even get this far this year.the fact they did is impressive enough. they got a lot of promising potential for the future as well. was too much to ask for my dream matchup to happen this year.Im getting my dream come true with the Rams back to LA next year so you're only allowed to have one dream come true in your life.:D

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  8. namvet

namvet Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,507
    Royals gonna burn new york down

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. LoneLaugher

LoneLaugher Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,842
    That's the way to do it! Open your trap wide enough to swallow from the jump!

This Mets fan knows that pitching and defense wins games. I know that the Royals have a better defense. I also know that the Mets have a better pitching staff.

The intangibles......most notably World Series experience may play a significant role. Fortunately for the Mets...the World Series experience that this Royals team has......is losing experience.

My prediction......... its going to be an awesome series.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. rightwinger

rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +100,882
    Sore losers

• Funny Funny x 1