Bartender insight.....

Fmr jarhead said:
How about no laws impinging on anyone'S RIGHTS?

What is "more inclusive societies" entail? Sounds like a bit of Hersbrucker's talkin'.

How about taxing ALL equally? Why should I be punished for succeeding, and you get a paycheck for sitting on your ass at home and not contributing to society.

What is wrong with charities taking care of those that can't fend for themselves (they would do a better job of it, too, since there would not be several layers of governmental employees taking their share before the funding gets to those that need it)
inclusive society=people of every colour and race all doing equally well economically
yes i dig no laws, i think it can work!!
sure its all abit idealist, but thats just my view. if you taked all equally, say throught consumption taxes or sales taxes, then the poor will actually pay more taxes as ashare of income, that trickle down economics stuff doesn't really work.
charties doing some work is fine and goverment can be inefficent, but the funding charties get is uncertain, making planning difficult, in addtion many charties are religious and that not the best way to deal with people on the margins of society sometimes

Redz said:
well i can't vote cos i'm irish, but i don't vote there either, it only encourages politicans.
yeah i'm sure kerry is scare mongering, but all those are about money, not terrorist attacks, you know what i mean. its just all a bit to emotive and telling people their lives are in danger is a lot more emotive than saying your going to have less money in the future

So making up false statements about a persons money and livelihood is just as bad as telling the truth about terrorism?

You live in ireland i presume. Is terrorism a real threat to you? Do you fear for your life from protestant or catholic terrorists that might firebomb your house that day for merely worshiping a different religion? What kind of life is that to live?

We do not fear these bastards of Islam. We wish to focus the people to know that they are real and not some phantom threat.

insein said:
So making up false statements about a persons money and livelihood is just as bad as telling the truth about terrorism?

You live in ireland i presume. Is terrorism a real threat to you? Do you fear for your life from protestant or catholic terrorists that might firebomb your house that day for merely worshiping a different religion? What kind of life is that to live?

We do not fear these bastards of Islam. We wish to focus the people to know that they are real and not some phantom threat.
no i'm saying that hyping the terrorist threat is much much worse than hyping economic threats, whoever does them. i'd prefere it if both candidate were banned from saying 9/11 or terrorists, they are both exploiting your nations pain.
irish terrorism is hopefully a thing of the past, but to achieve this we had to talk to the terrorists, and allow them all out of jail. even mass murders. that was a hard decision.
i'm just saying whichever side hype the terrorist threat more, referes to it more is probably trying to manipulate people

Redz said:
no i'm saying that hyping the terrorist threat is much much worse than hyping economic threats, whoever does them. i'd prefere it if both candidate were banned from saying 9/11 or terrorists, they are both exploiting your nations pain.
irish terrorism is hopefully a thing of the past, but to achieve this we had to talk to the terrorists, and allow them all out of jail. even mass murders. that was a hard decision.
i'm just saying whichever side hype the terrorist threat more, referes to it more is probably trying to manipulate people

So you'd rather us act like 9/11 never happened? I think thats more insulting to the people. Bush hasnt "used" 9/11. He's reminded people of the enemy we face. Democrats have "used" 9/11 to instill anger in the president where none existed by saying he concocted the whole thing and other such nonsense.

Which is worse?

Should Ireland forget that the Enlgand had invaded her many times in the past for merely worshipping Christianity wrong? Should we as Americans forget that Islamo-Facists murdered thousands of Americans for not believing in Islam?

insein said:
So you'd rather us act like 9/11 never happened? I think thats more insulting to the people. Bush hasnt "used" 9/11. He's reminded people of the enemy we face. Democrats have "used" 9/11 to instill anger in the president where none existed by saying he concocted the whole thing and other such nonsense.

Which is worse?

Should Ireland forget that the Enlgand had invaded her many times in the past for merely worshipping Christianity wrong? Should we as Americans forget that Islamo-Facists murdered thousands of Americans for not believing in Islam?

i never siad don't act like it never happened,it did and it was horrible and evil. just be suspicious if your politicans invoke it a lot because they are probably trying to manipulate you.
ireland was invaded for economic not religious reasons and they invaded once and stayed for 800years.
3000 people were murdered not because they didn't believe in islam, but because the terrorists believed that elements of american foreign policy discriminated against muslims.

Redz said:
i never siad don't act like it never happened,it did and it was horrible and evil. just be suspicious if your politicans invoke it a lot because they are probably trying to manipulate you.
ireland was invaded for economic not religious reasons and they invaded once and stayed for 800years.
3000 people were murdered not because they didn't believe in islam, but because the terrorists believed that elements of american foreign policy discriminated against muslims.

Are you insinuating that the pro-Bush people have not done any serious consideration into who to believe in this matter. I would rather vote for the one who is consistant in his invocations than one that has no convictions what so ever

Okay, I'm pissed.

I post a whole bunch of zingers, some of them fairly good. Some were even original material from your's truly and I don't even get honorable mention.

Bah humbug on the lot of you!

Redz said:

And that is why we invoke the memory of 9/11. People still dont understand that those people were killed for nothing more than being non muslims. If you have doubts of Why Henry invaded Ireland, i suggest you review some history of the invasions.

Merlin1047 said:
Okay, I'm pissed.

I post a whole bunch of zingers, some of them fairly good. Some were even original material from your's truly and I don't even get honorable mention.

Bah humbug on the lot of you!
Merlin, I apologize! I laughed at every one and was even going to highlight the speedbump as my favorite. But as I respond to alot of your posts with nothing more than "LMAO!!" I decided to spare everyone the agony of having to scroll past that once again. But now that I see you like to know when you've made someone laugh, please let me be the first to say...
LMAO!!! :clap: :mm: :bow2:

Redz point of view is the reason Ireland is a world power. How can you ignore such compelling sentiment?

CSM said:
Redz point of view is the reason Ireland is a world power. How can you ignore such compelling sentiment?

I'm with ya---I hear that shamrock bomb they're working on is a bitch. :dance:

Merlin1047 said:
Careful. You don't want to get me started on my line of Patty O'Furniture jokes.
I'm of Irish descent so I wouldn't understand them anyway.

Why should every Irishman be given a wheelbarrow?
It will teach him to walk on his hind legs

CSM said:
I'm of Irish descent so I wouldn't understand them anyway.

Why should every Irishman be given a wheelbarrow?
It will teach him to walk on his hind legs

Me, too, CSM.

Q: Why did God invent whiskey?

A: To keep the Irish from ruling the world!

"An aide to the prime minister of Canada called President Bush a moron. Well that's not fair. Here's a guy who never worked a day in his life, got rich off his Dad's money, lost the popular vote and ended up president. That's not a moron, that's genius!" —Jay Leno

musicman said:
Me, too, CSM.

Q: Why did God invent whiskey?

A: To keep the Irish from ruling the world!

LOL.

Okay - different country.

Why do Scotsmen wear kilts?

Because sheep can hear a zipper from a mile off.

Forum List

Back