Barry Obutthead: Hubris in Action

Marie888

† † †
Sep 28, 2010
Temporarily on earth †
Obama Scolds Congress, Says Malia and Sasha Are More Disciplined - Political Punch

In an animated rant that livened up an otherwise subdued press conference, President Obama today lit into Congress for failing to reach an agreement to raise the country’s $14.3 trillion debt ceiling as an Aug. 2 deadline approaches, despite repeated urgings by the administration to do so. At one point he even reprimanded lawmakers by noting that his two daughters manage to do their homework ahead of time, a diligence rarely seen on gridlocked Capitol Hill.

“
These are bills that Congress ran up,” he noted. “The money’s been spent. The obligations have been made. So this is not a situation – I think the American people have to understand this – this is not a situation where you know, Congress is going to say, ‘Okay, we won’t buy this car or we won’t take this vacation.’ They took the vacation, they bought the car, and now they’re saying maybe we don’t have to pay or we don’t have to pay as fast as we said we were going to. That’s not how responsible families act. We’re the greatest nation on earth and we can’t act that way. So this is urgent and it needs to get settled.”

I don't even know how to reply to this yet.

Modbert, I didn't give you permission to speak. Please return to your doggie bed.

Did he mention that his budget proposal was unanimously voted against...or did he mention that the Democrats have not made a budget proposal...at all??

I didn't think so.

It was nothing like a rant- he appears to be the only adult around. The leaders he was talkink about were those in congress, Foxbot. Did Fox cover this speech at all? Long before other channels stopped, Fox was going over Casey Anthony's feelings and the wedding of some Fox twit...unbelievable. It's not surprising the Pubdupes are clueless.

Obama Scolds Congress, Says Malia and Sasha Are More Disciplined - Political Punch

In an animated rant that livened up an otherwise subdued press conference, President Obama today lit into Congress for failing to reach an agreement to raise the country’s $14.3 trillion debt ceiling as an Aug. 2 deadline approaches, despite repeated urgings by the administration to do so. At one point he even reprimanded lawmakers by noting that his two daughters manage to do their homework ahead of time, a diligence rarely seen on gridlocked Capitol Hill.

“
These are bills that Congress ran up,” he noted. “The money’s been spent. The obligations have been made. So this is not a situation – I think the American people have to understand this – this is not a situation where you know, Congress is going to say, ‘Okay, we won’t buy this car or we won’t take this vacation.’ They took the vacation, they bought the car, and now they’re saying maybe we don’t have to pay or we don’t have to pay as fast as we said we were going to. That’s not how responsible families act. We’re the greatest nation on earth and we can’t act that way. So this is urgent and it needs to get settled.”

have to wait for fox news to tell you what to think?

Modbert, I didn't give you permission to speak.

tumblr_lh7q2lvVVD1qzamioo1_400.gif

“

rabid dogs are more disciplined than politicians. I hope he's not too shocked.

“

have to wait for fox news to tell you what to think?

Oh sheesh. More like I'm speechless, he just blows me away. You get an **eye roll* for that, lol.

It was nothing like a rant- he appears to be the only adult around. The leaders he was talkink about were those in congress, Foxbot. Did Fox cover this speech at all? Long before other channels stopped, Fox was going over Casey Anthony's feelings and the wedding of some Fox twit...unbelievable. It's not surprising the Pubdupes are clueless.

I'm a Drudgebot more than anything. :tongue: Besides, this piece is from ABCNnews Political Punch, not Fox, lol. I have no idea if Fox covered it.

It's almost like a joke, he's talking about them scaling back their vacations, yet in mid August, his plan himself is to have yet another vacation in mid August at Marthas Vineyard . I'm not against vacations for anyone who works, we all need them. But I can't believe what he says sometimes.

Obamas to summer on Martha’s Vineyard once more - The Boston Globe

Obama scolds Congress over debt limit negotiations

Amid ongoing frustration over a failure to reach a compromise on the debt limit, President Obama on Wednesday sharply scolded Congress, suggesting his daughters do a better job of getting things done ahead of time.

"Malia and Sasha generally finish their homework a day ahead of time," Obama said during a press conference--his first major solo conference since March. "Malia's 13, Sasha's 10 … They don't wait until the night before. They're not pulling all nighters. Congress can do the same thing."

Obama scolds Congress over debt limit negotiations | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Uh-huh...

You and your faithful toadies in congress had how long, to pass budgets, raise taxes and put this issue behind you, when you had all the votes you needed?

What an asswipe!

Threads Merged

how is that hubris?

when people tell you they don't want to make a deal and act like children, that's how they should be treated. but feel free to take it up with mitch mcconnell

It's hubris when you're the one who has dithered, procrastinated, delayed and generally ignored your fiduciary duties, only to try and shift the blame when crunch time comes.

Were this clueless turd someone with an (R) by their name, you'd be all over him.

Oddball society!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4TdPxOXuYw]YouTube - ‪Mad Max Road Warrior (Trailer)‬‏[/ame]

It's hubris when you're the one who has dithered, procrastinated, delayed and generally ignored your fiduciary duties, only to try and shift the blame when crunch time comes.

Were this clueless turd someone with an (R) by their name, you'd be all over him.

i see that assessment as false. they wanted to drag him in. they had the senate and the house and the vp working on this for months. if the r's wanted to make a deal, they would have. but cantor walked out because he knows the only way to address this is a combination of spending cuts and revenue increases and he doesn't want his name attached to that. he'd rather hang boehner out to dry. and i know for a fact that the children in congressional leadership among the r's are slightly more adult about this in their private discussions, but not by much. that's what happens when tea zealots with no understanding of the role of government get elected into office.

and no... if the dems said they'd never make a deal despite whatever damage it would cause to this country, i'd call them on it. in fact, i'd think it was disgusting. (for the record, saying you won't give someone else EVERYTHING they want is not refusing to make a deal).

how about you calling out the r's for a complete and total lack of interest in the results of yet another fiscal misstep on their part? they're so focused on trying to make this president a one-termer that they're screwing up at every possible turn.

that's how i see it. you might be able to convince me otherwise, but i'm not feeling it.

Obama scolds Congress over debt limit negotiations

Amid ongoing frustration over a failure to reach a compromise on the debt limit, President Obama on Wednesday sharply scolded Congress, suggesting his daughters do a better job of getting things done ahead of time.

"Malia and Sasha generally finish their homework a day ahead of time," Obama said during a press conference--his first major solo conference since March. "Malia's 13, Sasha's 10 … They don't wait until the night before. They're not pulling all nighters. Congress can do the same thing."

Obama scolds Congress over debt limit negotiations | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Uh-huh...

You and your faithful toadies in congress had how long, to pass budgets, raise taxes and put this issue behind you, when you had all the votes you needed?

What an asswipe!

Didn't I read that the Senate voted 97-0 to NOT pass the budget that Obama submitted? Apparently he did his homework early and got an F.

Last time I checked the dems had 2 years to pass a budget and chose to spend like drunk sailors on leave instead. Maybe just maybe had they passed a budget we might be a bit better off no?

It's like me blaming the mechanic for not changing the oil in my car resulting in a blown engine when it was I that drove it with no oil for months before asking him to do it. Duh....

Forum List

Back