Barry Obama: "My Accomplishments are Slight..."

Although I agree that President Obama did not deserve the Nobel nomination much less the award, and although I agree with the President's modest suggestion that his accomplishments are slight, I DO choose to be a little bit of a contrarian here.

I like that portion of his speech where he addressed the notion that sometimes it is wrong NOT to fight a war.

He was, remarkably, right on the money in saying that.

I didn't think the kid had it in him.

*I* Don't THINK he meant it based upon his past. Based upon the scathing ridicule he's received FOR his past.

I am dubious of the speech, and DO NOT Trust his Motives, -NOR- Those that wrote that TRIPE for him.

-Sorry-

Doubting this President's honesty is a part time occupation. It's ok.

But he DID say it.

And, there IS a chance that he DID mean it.

Could it possibly be that there's hope here?

NO. I'm sure he knows (By Rule of POLLS), the mistrust people have of him at the time of the speech. I know he has his mignions scouring the Internet Blogs/Boards of opinion.

My Point? His past preceeds him. As to that fact? I cannot find it witin myself to muster trust in him.

Sad? To be sure. With his sagging/lagging polls? I'm sure his words were dubious.

There IS a trust factor here, no matter what he says.

DEEDS/Actions outweigh his mere WORDS.

He Flew Jets... Fuck you.

You Shit on ALL Guardsmen when you Shit on him.

Again, Fuck you.

:)

peace...

No, he doesn't. You don't speak for the military, Mal.

It's no accident that Bush never got sent to Vietnam much like it's no accident that Mary Cheney was born. Both men are chickenhawks.

And NEITHER do YOU

Gee, thanks for that bit of info, Thomas. It's a good think I wasn't doing that, eh?

Ahh but the right wing media played it up as a big victory, not just a mission. So I had to respond in kind.

and his flying onboard as a passenger in a jet?
Kinda like whats his name in the tank?

Damned wussy got strings pulled and stayed out of nam.

Again, Fuck you.

peace...

It's no accident that Bush never got sent to Vietnam much like it's no accident that Mary Cheney was born. Both men are chickenhawks.

And what did Obama do during his military service? Oops. He didn't even sign up.

Again, Fuck you.

peace...

And what did Obama do during his military service? Oops. He didn't even sign up.

So?

Was he ever facing a draft?

So?

Was he ever facing a draft?

No, but a pissing contest about politicians and the military is really fucking stupid.

The past does have consequences, and BHO has inherited the situation of the incompentently-led Bush administrations. BHO is enganging in a morally justified war in Afghanistation, suppoted by dozens of countries, under UN sanctions. Gingrich and Palin approved his speech. Rove believes BHO is on the right track. In light of this, let us see if his detractors act in a supporting, encouraging role here.

Last edited:
The past does have consequences, and BHO has inherited the situation of the incompentently-led Bush administrations. BHO is enganging in a morally justified war in Afghanistation, suppoted by dozens of countries, under UN sanctions. Gingrich and Palin approved his speech. Rove believes BHO is on the right track. In light of this, let us see if his detractors act in a supporting, encouraging role here.

The leadership of the Bush Administration in engaging in the Wars over there were not incompetent. You are a bit blinded by your undue partisanship. So sorry wars tend to be messy and not run with clockwork precision.

The war in Afghanistan may or may not be morally justified. But if it IS morally justified, the reasons for it as well as the underlying bases need to be articulated with a lot more clarity than the President has so far offered.

The fact that it is "supported" by other nations is of no value to the discussion. Who was the fight against Saddam.

The support of Gingrich is hardly persuasive. And citing the support of Palin whom all the lefties love to denigrate as woefully ignorant is also rather curious and remains just as unpersuasive.

It is not at all clear that Mr. Rove believes that the President is "on the right track." It MIGHT be that Mr. Rove approves of SOME components of what the present Administration is now doing. That's a much more limited kind of "support."

I am a detractor of President Obama. I think taking the fight into Afghanistan is potentially a good move, but I absolutely cannot fathom why any President would elect to announce a ramp-up simultaneously with announcing a withdrawal date. Jesus Lord God in Heaven above, that is so singularly stupid that this President's judgment is open to serious rebuke.

Many of the "enemy" already think we are merely a paper tiger. They mock us because we value life too much. They believe (with some evidence from the historical record) that we lack staying power. They believe we have no belly for a long drawn out fight. And President Obama is practically going out of his way to confirm that set of beliefs for them.

How are they now expected to react? After fighting for as long as they have, does ANYBODY actually imagine that they will now say, "Oh crap. It's gonna be a long hard slog of ANOTHER 18 whole months! By Allah, we'd best put down our weapons!"

The question, therefore, is not how President Obama's detractors might react. The better question is why his "supporters" are not alarmed by the way this President behaves and why THEY are not clamoring for clarity of thought and action from this Administration.

Yes. The past does have consequences. So does the present.

Liability has not given any compelling or convincing evidence to counter the truth (1) that the "incompetently-led Bush administrations" did mismanage the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and (2) that Obama administration seems to be managing Afghanistan just fine and is correcting the liabilities have the previous administraton's mistakes there.

The fact is that Rove, Palin, and Gingrich would disagree with Liability's assessment above. Let's move on.

Liability has not given any compelling or convincing evidence to counter the truth (1) that the "incompetently-led Bush administrations" did mismanage the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and (2) that Obama administration seems to be managing Afghanistan just fine and is correcting the liabilities have the previous administraton's mistakes there.

The fact is that Rove, Palin, and Gingrich would disagree with Liability's assessment above. Let's move on.

Jake, Obama has the Bush playbook and is using it page for page. There is no difference AT ALL in how Obama is running the wars. None.

Jake, Obama has the Bush playbook and is using it page for page. There is no difference AT ALL in how Obama is running the wars. None.

Facts are just plain mean to Libruls

The leadership of the Bush Administration in engaging in the Wars over there were not incompetent. You are a bit blinded by your undue partisanship. So sorry wars tend to be messy and not run with clockwork precision.

War is Inherently Imperfect and the Left's Abuse of the Missions based on that Reality was Fucking Shameless...

But not nearly as Shameless as their Silence is Today as their guy Continues and Expands it...

peace...

That saveliberty refuses to admit the major differences in policy between Obama and Bush does not make his point so.

That political chic is going down in flames of denial on health reform does not make her point so.

That california girl refuses to admit that Ayers is no more a ghost writer for Obama than Glenn Beck is a torturer and rapist does not make her point so.

The real points for the wingnuts and their points are these: (1) either they are all stupid; (2) they all believe stupidly in what they write; (3) they are motivated by malignance; or (4) any combinations of 1 to 3.

Their type of nonsense is what stained the GOP last year in the election and will stain it next year. The GOP will continue to remain in the minority as long as it associates with such individuals.

Liability has not given any compelling or convincing evidence to counter the truth (1) that the "incompetently-led Bush administrations" did mismanage the Iraq and Afghanistan wars,

Interesting because, of course, YOU offered not even a hint of a "fact" to support your posting of your ignornat OPINION AS a "truth." You liberoidals are pretty fucking amusing in how transparently hypocritical you tend to be.
:lol:

and (2) that Obama administration seems to be managing Afghanistan just fine and is correcting the liabilities have the previous administraton's mistakes there.

I never contended that the Obama administration is doing ANYTHING "just fine," nor did I make a particular claim to the effect taht as regards Afghanistan he was being a particular fuck-up. JokeStarkey's reading comprehension (or honesty) is thus called into question.

No. That's not a "fact." It is again just your baseless opinion. But by all means DO feel free to move on, JokeStarkey.

I think there is one (rather important) difference. President Bush was FAR too smart to EVER announce in advance TO the fucking enemy that there was a designated date for withdrawal.

Forum List

Back