Barry Obama: "My Accomplishments are Slight..."

I watched the entire speech live this morning and it was certainly one of the best of Obama's career. Any of the right who watched it must be going nuts. They want to president to Fail and have worked tirelessly to make sure that happens. If the president fails then the country fails and for the Republicans, that is just fine. No problem there. In the past, we called that "treason".

Obama told the EuroPEONS that they have had 6 decades of peace based on the blood of American Soldiers and the support of American Arms. That the "peace movement" would NOT have stopped Hitler and laying down our arms would not stop al Queda.
He said one of the things that make us great is we are not them. We do not torture, at least not any more. The only applause of the speech. Those damn Republicans and their torture. If only they hadn't damaged this country more than al Queda with their incompentancy and lies and treasonous behaviour. I hope they FAIL.
He pointed out the success of Ronald Reagan and the fall of the wall.
He said this world would never be free of tyrants and war and those that want to end liberty, but that doesn't mean we should stop trying.
Yes, he did say compared to King and Ghandi, his accomplishments were "slight" and he also understands why he recieved this award, but he also said that in a world where enemies exist, peace can only be achieved with resolve and strenght of arms.
He did a remarkable job of laying out the Obama Doctrine. A far cry from the Bush Doctrine of "invade, drop bombs, bully, threaten and run around like a chickenhawk with it's head cut off".

Anything action that the President takes that is contrary to the Constitution of the United States, I want to see it fail.

Text of Obama's Nobel Peace Prize speech - Yahoo! News

Obama Doctrine?

I believe that all nations — strong and weak alike — must adhere to standards that govern the use of force. I — like any head of state — reserve the right to act unilaterally if necessary to defend my nation.

I believe that force can be justified on humanitarian grounds

America cannot act alone

First, in dealing with those nations that break rules and laws, I believe that we must develop alternatives to violence that are tough enough to change behavior

Only a just peace based upon the inherent rights and dignity of every individual can truly be lasting.

Third, a just peace includes not only civil and political rights — it must encompass economic security and opportunity. For true peace is not just freedom from fear, but freedom from want.

The promotion of human rights cannot be about exhortation alone.

Sounds pretty good to me.

Republicans drop bombs. They care nothing for human rights. Mysticism, torture. What a mess that party has become.

--------------

Republicans are like children's scissors, cute, colorful, not too sharp.

Bush Doctrine no different than Obama Doctrine.

Who are you, Sarah Palin? She didn't know what the Bush Doctrine is and apparently, neither do you. Sad.

Ahh but the right wing media played it up as a big victory, not just a mission. So I had to respond in kind.

and his flying onboard as a passenger in a jet?
Kinda like whats his name in the tank?

Damned wussy got strings pulled and stayed out of nam.

He Flew Jets... Fuck you.

You Shit on ALL Guardsmen when you Shit on him.

Again, Fuck you.

:)

peace...

That's crap u P O S.
Bush was in the "Champagne unit". He was a sleaze. Don't compare that "chickenhawk little" to "real" soldiers. Shame on you.

The unit in which Bush served was known as a " Champagne unit," where the scions of the Texas aristocracy could avoid combat duty with relatively few demands on their time. Serving in that unit with Bush were the sons of three prominent men: Democratic Governor John Connally, Democratic Senator and future Vice-Presidential nominee Lloyd Bentsen, and Republican Senator John Tower, as well as seven members of the Dallas Cowboys professional football club, and a man named James R. Bath, who would become a longtime friend of Bush's.

George W. Bush Military Service Controversy Guard National

I watched the entire speech live this morning and it was certainly one of the best of Obama's career. Any of the right who watched it must be going nuts. They want to president to Fail and have worked tirelessly to make sure that happens. If the president fails then the country fails and for the Republicans, that is just fine. No problem there. In the past, we called that "treason".

Obama told the EuroPEONS that they have had 6 decades of peace based on the blood of American Soldiers and the support of American Arms. That the "peace movement" would NOT have stopped Hitler and laying down our arms would not stop al Queda.
He said one of the things that make us great is we are not them. We do not torture, at least not any more. The only applause of the speech. Those damn Republicans and their torture. If only they hadn't damaged this country more than al Queda with their incompentancy and lies and treasonous behaviour. I hope they FAIL.
He pointed out the success of Ronald Reagan and the fall of the wall.
He said this world would never be free of tyrants and war and those that want to end liberty, but that doesn't mean we should stop trying.
Yes, he did say compared to King and Ghandi, his accomplishments were "slight" and he also understands why he recieved this award, but he also said that in a world where enemies exist, peace can only be achieved with resolve and strenght of arms.
He did a remarkable job of laying out the Obama Doctrine. A far cry from the Bush Doctrine of "invade, drop bombs, bully, threaten and run around like a chickenhawk with it's head cut off".

Dean every time this guy talks you say its one of his best.....i mean no one is that good....talk about hero worship...its a good thing you weren't there,he may have gazed at you,and you would have passed out....

Republicans drop bombs. They care nothing for human rights. Mysticism, torture. What a mess that party has become.

and the Dems dont drop bombs?(tell this to Bill Clinton).....and they care for human rights?(how come the guy you hate did more for Africa than any President before him)....:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Rdean admit it...your just an internet chat room political comic right?

Ahh but the right wing media played it up as a big victory, not just a mission. So I had to respond in kind.

Again, Fuck you.

peace...

No, he doesn't. You don't speak for the military, Mal.

It's no accident that Bush never got sent to Vietnam much like it's no accident that Mary Cheney was born. Both men are chickenhawks.

Again, Fuck you.

peace...

It's no accident that Bush never got sent to Vietnam much like it's no accident that Mary Cheney was born. Both men are chickenhawks.

Thankfully, Joe Biden is there to change all that...no wait!

Bush served honorably in the National Guard. Al Gore, John Kerry, served honorably in Vietnam. The closer one gets to the stories who actually served with these men in the Guard and on the river and in the Nam, the official stories about them stand up. Any who attack them only do so for political points, not for historical reality.

Again, Fuck you.

peace...

And NEITHER do YOU

George Bush will be remember well in the history of South Africa, rightfully so, in my opinion.

His foreign policies will be despised in world history for the next 500 years, rightfully so.

Although I agree that President Obama did not deserve the Nobel nomination much less the award, and although I agree with the President's modest suggestion that his accomplishments are slight, I DO choose to be a little bit of a contrarian here.

I like that portion of his speech where he addressed the notion that sometimes it is wrong NOT to fight a war.

He was, remarkably, right on the money in saying that.

I didn't think the kid had it in him.

Although I agree that President Obama did not deserve the Nobel nomination much less the award, and although I agree with the President's modest suggestion that his accomplishments are slight, I DO choose to be a little bit of a contrarian here.

I like that portion of his speech where he addressed the notion that sometimes it is wrong NOT to fight a war.

*I* Don't THINK he meant it based upon his past. Based upon the scathing ridicule he's received FOR his past.

I am dubious of the speech, and DO NOT Trust his Motives, -NOR- Those that wrote that TRIPE for him.

-Sorry-

*I* Don't THINK he meant it based upon his past. Based upon the scathing ridicule he's received FOR his past.

I am dubious of the speech, and DO NOT Trust his Motives, -NOR- Those that wrote that TRIPE for him.

-Sorry-

I heard that he wrote most of this particular tripe.

-Sorry-

Doubting this President's honesty is a part time occupation. It's ok.

But he DID say it.

And, there IS a chance that he DID mean it.

Could it possibly be that there's hope here?

Forum List

Back