Barrack Obama to reduce size of government

Does this represent the entire cost cutting by Obama for the year? If so he'd have been better off just saying that he's not cutting costs because of the recession, as opposed to offer this meaningless gesture.

I believe the numbers represent cost savings over several years, so it's less than that.

During a recession, companies have to cut spending and let people go. However, Obama has increased spending and increased the number of government jobs.

:)lol:...hysterical laugher...:lol:)

Actually, it was just for the next 90 days.

I'm so much happier to know they are only going to increase our bloated budget and deficit spending by less than $400 million dollars than whatever they previously shat out of their mouths.:clap2:

I believe the numbers represent cost savings over several years, so it's less than that.

During a recession, companies have to cut spending and let people go. However, Obama has increased spending and increased the number of government jobs.

:)lol:...hysterical laugher...:lol:)

Actually, it was just for the next 90 days.

I'm so much happier to know they are only going to increase our bloated budget and deficit spending by less than $400 million dollars than whatever they previously shat out of their mouths.:clap2:

I agree with you fully on this. Fact is that most American households only listen to the nightly news. The big 3 at night spin it like he is digging deep into this budget to cut that much out of it. The American household sees this as a "WOW". Barry walks away looking like a million bucks. It's pretty sad...just sayin...

Let's see the conservatives spin this one negatively.........

Obama To Ask Agency Heads For Budget Cuts

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama said Saturday he will ask all of his department and agency heads for specific proposals for cutting their budgets at his Cabinet meeting early next week as he searches for ways to streamline [COLOR=#038258 ! important][COLOR=#038258 ! important]government [COLOR=#038258 ! important]spending[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR].
Obama, who is attending the Summit of the Americas in Trinidad this weekend, said in his weekly radio and Internet address that he would make the request for cuts Monday at a Cabinet meeting.
"In the coming weeks, I will be announcing the elimination of dozens of government programs shown to be wasteful or ineffective," he said. "In this effort, there will be no sacred cows and no pet projects. All across America, families are making hard choices, and it's time their government did the same."

He is just clearing the way for all the new wasteful programs he is pushing through. Universal Healthcare, Cap and Trade, Anything "Green" programs. No spin just facts. He will cut by the millions while also adding by the billions. Not really much in cuts in the end.

I think its a mistake to cut spending right now.

Just as I think its a mistake to increase taxes (even on the extrmely affluent) right now.

This economy is short of MONEY, folks.

That's why it's in trouble.

Folks are short of money...where do you think the government spending gets it's funding? It used to be that you could not spend what you didn't have but fortunately for us we have China.

Let's see the conservatives spin this one negatively.........

Obama To Ask Agency Heads For Budget Cuts

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama said Saturday he will ask all of his department and agency heads for specific proposals for cutting their budgets at his Cabinet meeting early next week as he searches for ways to streamline [COLOR=#038258 ! important][COLOR=#038258 ! important]government [COLOR=#038258 ! important]spending[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR].
Obama, who is attending the Summit of the Americas in Trinidad this weekend, said in his weekly radio and Internet address that he would make the request for cuts Monday at a Cabinet meeting.
"In the coming weeks, I will be announcing the elimination of dozens of government programs shown to be wasteful or ineffective," he said. "In this effort, there will be no sacred cows and no pet projects. All across America, families are making hard choices, and it's time their government did the same."

You are kidding, right? You mean this actually works for you? Because it doesn't work for me any more than when liberals claimed Obama cut income taxes when he simply reduced the witholding rate -but without reducing the tax rate one bit. Yet I not only hear Obama's press secretary insist this is a "tax cut", I also hear idiots claiming every day that Obama gave them a tax cut. Just wait until tax time next year when they find out they still owe every cent of that money and government expects them to have it and fork it over and not have spent it! I always knew it was pretty easy to dupe liberals - but THIS easy? Oh please LOL.

First Obama increases the size of government with a mindboggling, massive, outrageous 2010 budget of $3.6 TRILLION dollars, doubling and tripling the budgets of more than a dozen government agencies -then because he turns around and asks his cabinet heads to come up with a piddly total of $100 million in cuts after that, essentially just not spend a mere 2/10ths of 1% of all that money - you mean liberals are going to insist this represents a REDUCTION in the size of government instead of the massive expansion of government it is? Are you for real? ROFLMAO! Wow, the liberal "intellect" is truly a scary thing, isn't it?

If you really think about it Obama is playing into our hands. If he cuts withholding without cutting the tax rate there will be a bunch of pissed off individuals that find out they have to PAY MORE at tax time. It will look like Obama lied to them, and it will be true that he lied. People will become willing to listen. No refunds means a pissed proletariat. They will suddenly realize what taxes really are.
We just need to set the table with a good taxpayer education program.

Forum List

Back