Barrack Obama Says God Told Him To Tax The Rich

Mathew 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Which in the interest of correct Biblical interpretation, and when placed within the full context of Jesus's teaching on that subject, even a rich man cannot buy or earn his way into heaven any more than anybody else can. Further a rich man may value his possessions so much that he misses the greater truth of what salvation is that it comes by the grace of God and not by works. (As was illustrated in the parable of the Rich Young Ruler.) Certainly Zachaeus was a wealthy man as was Lazarus as was Joseph of Arimathea,and there was no suggestion that any of these were in spiritual trouble. And Jesus used numerous examples of the rich in his parables, metaphors, and illustrations making no comment that these people needed to divest themselves of their wealth.

So yeah, using that one verse to 'prove' anythng is definitely a tactic of proof texting.

Generosity and helping others cannot be forced?

How about forcing democracy down the throats of the Afgans and Iarqi?
And I am sure all the troops were eager to go there and help the Iraqi.
And all the US taxpayers are eager to pay for the wars.

and your point is what? if you have one....

Jesus was very concerned about false prophets:

Jesus said to his disciples: "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing,but underneath are ravenous wolves.

"Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ, and will deceive many.
At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

Then again

it could have been his pastor who told him these things
obama_book_goddamn_america.jpg

PeoplesCube

For many people in America the Bible is the work of Gawd and thus its words the word of Gawd, so President Obama using those quotes is not talking to gawd, of course that subtlety is missing for the wingnut partisans.

Why don't you wingnuts find a topic that is relevant and get out of other citizens's bedrooms and take the time to understand the religion many of you aspire to?

John 3:17 "But if someone who is supposed to be a Christian has money enough to live well, and sees a brother in need, and won't help him--how can God's love be within him ?

John 3:18 Little children, let us stop just saying we love people; let us really love them, and show it by our actions.

John 3:19 Then we will know for sure, by our actions, that we are on God's side, and our consciences will be clear, even when we stand before the Lord."

Prov. 14:31 "Anyone who oppresses the poor is insulting God who made them. To help the poor is to honor God."

James 1:27 "The Christian who is pure and without fault, from God the Father's point of view, is the one who takes care of orphans and widows, and who remains true to the Lord--not soiled and dirtied by his contacts with the world."

"If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered." Proverbs 21:13

"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." Proverbs 31:8-9

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Matthew 6:24

Last edited:
Funny how the Left wants to talk about the fake issue of "condoms"
with all the real problems in this country

It almost seems like they don't want to run on Papa Obama's
record

Funny how that works
:eusa_whistle:

Mathew 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

So Obama, being the rich man that he is, will never enter the kingdom of God.

His love of riches and power makes that impossible.

clearly hes on par with santorum, quoting scripture? I mean who believes all that bible junk anyway? :rolleyes:

Not on par...but I really wish this sort of Rhetoric would be purged from politics.

So should taxing the rich, tax paid abortions, political correctness, education, same-sex marriage, racism, Global Warming, and every other wedge-issue the Democrats dream up.

clearly hes on par with santorum, quoting scripture? I mean who believes all that bible junk anyway? :rolleyes:

Then which atheist are you voting for? Ron Paul? Lololol

Ole Ronny Paul... he's a good fiscal conservative and a constitutionalist, but his foreign policies leave a little bit to be desired. Is he my first choice to vote for? Heck no. Would I vote for him over the kenyan? In a freakin' HEART BEAT.

OP. You do realize the difference between "God told me via divine communication to do something" and "The bible teaches this... and so I will do this..."?

Apparently not.

:rolleyes:

And when I talk about shared responsibility, it’s because I genuinely believe that in a time when many folks are struggling, at a time when we have enormous deficits, it’s hard for me to ask seniors on a fixed income, or young people with student loans, or middle-class families who can barely pay the bills to shoulder the burden alone. And I think to myself, if I’m willing to give something up as somebody who’s been extraordinarily blessed, and give up some of the tax breaks that I enjoy, I actually think that’s going to make economic sense.

But for me as a Christian, it also coincides with Jesus’s teaching that “for unto whom much is given, much shall be required.”

And the Republicans want everyone to suffer EXCEPT for the rich.
I assign no 21st century political slant to Jesus Christ.

For many people in America the Bible is the work of Gawd and thus its words the word of Gawd, so President Obama using those quotes is not talking to gawd, of course that subtlety is missing for the wingnut partisans.

Why don't you wingnuts find a topic that is relevant and get out of other citizens's bedrooms and take the time to understand the religion many of you aspire to?

John 3:17 "But if someone who is supposed to be a Christian has money enough to live well, and sees a brother in need, and won't help him--how can God's love be within him ?

John 3:18 Little children, let us stop just saying we love people; let us really love them, and show it by our actions.

John 3:19 Then we will know for sure, by our actions, that we are on God's side, and our consciences will be clear, even when we stand before the Lord."

Prov. 14:31 "Anyone who oppresses the poor is insulting God who made them. To help the poor is to honor God."

James 1:27 "The Christian who is pure and without fault, from God the Father's point of view, is the one who takes care of orphans and widows, and who remains true to the Lord--not soiled and dirtied by his contacts with the world."

"If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered." Proverbs 21:13

"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." Proverbs 31:8-9

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Matthew 6:24

Now find the verse that suggests that you should look to Caesar to take the people's money, siphon off a substantial portion of it for his own benefit and use, and dole out the rest to those who will praise and worship Caesar. Find the verse that suggests that Caesar or anybody else should take what others have by force. Find the verse that suggests that charity is anything other than what people voluntarily give out of their own pockets.

God told me that Barack Obama is an idiot. So, I said to God "Hey, don't be dissing POTUS" and God said "Respect Me, not some jackass in the White House". So I said "Roger that, God".

OP. You do realize the difference between "God told me via divine communication to do something" and "The bible teaches this... and so I will do this..."?

Apparently not.

God speaks to some Christians through the Bible.

Others he speaks through the Holy Spirit.

Which one is Obama????

Not on par...but I really wish this sort of Rhetoric would be purged from politics.

The 'purging' of references to religion and morality is exactly what the neo-Marxists of the Frankfurt School want.

In your case, the basis is not malevolence, but ignorance:
You really don't understand the nature of this country, and what made this nation great, do you.

" The most quoted source [of the Constitution] was the Bible. Established in the original writings of our Founding Fathers we find that they discovered in Isaiah 33:22 the three branches of government: Isaiah 33:22 “For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.” Here we see the judicial, the legislative and the executive branches. In Ezra 7:24 we see where they established the tax exempt status of the church: Ezra 7:24 “Also we certify you, that touching any of the priests and Levites, singers, porters, Nethinims, or ministers of this house of God, it shall not be lawful to impose toll, tribute, or custom, upon them.”

When we look at our Constitution we see in Article 4 Section 4 that we are guaranteed a Republican form of government, that was found in Exodus 18:21: “Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens:” This indicates that we are to choose, or elect God fearing men and women. Looking at Article 3 Section 3 we see almost word for word Deuteronomy 17:6: ‘No person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the testimony of two Witnesses. . .’ Deuteronomy 17:6 “At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses. . .”. The next paragraph in Article 3 Section 3 refers to who should pay the price for treason. In England, they could punish the sons for the trespasses of the father, if the father died."
Roger Anghis -- Bring America Back To Her Religious Roots, Part 7

Apparently not.

God speaks to some Christians through the Bible.

Others he speaks through the Holy Spirit.

Which one is Obama????

People who think God speaks to them through the Holy Spirit make me laugh. God "speaking to" people from stuff already written in the bible is completely different from the belief that god is sending his own new divine words down to individual human beings in their head.

That my friend, is what we call a headcase. Or a simple liar.

:rolleyes:

And when I talk about shared responsibility, it’s because I genuinely believe that in a time when many folks are struggling, at a time when we have enormous deficits, it’s hard for me to ask seniors on a fixed income, or young people with student loans, or middle-class families who can barely pay the bills to shoulder the burden alone. And I think to myself, if I’m willing to give something up as somebody who’s been extraordinarily blessed, and give up some of the tax breaks that I enjoy, I actually think that’s going to make economic sense.

But for me as a Christian, it also coincides with Jesus’s teaching that “for unto whom much is given, much shall be required.”

And the Republicans want everyone to suffer EXCEPT for the rich.

Horse shit.

Forum List

Back