Barrack Obama Says God Told Him To Tax The Rich

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
god-talks-to-you-picture-jpg.jpg

Some say Bush said God told him to attack Iraq.

Well that makes as much sense as Obama claiming God told him to tax the rich. Well, if you want to use his own words you could make a claim that Obama says that God, or Jesus specifically, said that we should tax the rich.

Well, he did.

During a prayer breakfast the other day he couldn't resist the urge to say exactly that.

“But for me as a Christian, it also coincides with Jesus’ teaching that, ‘for unto whom much is given, much shall be required,’” he said.

That principle, Obama said, also “mirrors the Islamic belief that those who’ve been blessed have an obligation to use those blessings to help others, or the Jewish doctrine of moderation and consideration for others.”

Funny, even Fox News cut out the last part.

305054379v6_225x225_Front.jpg

It seems Allah has more pull on Obama than God because although they are one in the same Obama feels a responsibility, even an obligation, to take care of the poor according to strict Islamic laws.

Fortunately this country is not ruled by a theocracy. This is not Saudi Arabia. This is America. We have free will in this country. Obama doesn't seem to think so. Any time a leader tries to force his own values upon the people of his country he becomes a dictator, not a leader. And the very fact he's attempting to enforce religious rules on us through government it seems he's leaning toward a theocracy, which goes against our constitution.

Contrary to what Obama thinks, this is a free country. The only obligation this country has is to provide life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Happiness is not a guarantee. The ability to pursue it is guaranteed. Even the ability to pursue it is being taken away. Obama wants to decide who wins and who loses. These folks will get what those folks worked for.

The problem with this president is once he gives us something he's going to expect something in return. Once we are dependent on government he can tell us how to live. Then we become Greece.

And he also forgets the purpose of Jesus' teachings.

To show that generosity cannot be forced, it must be willing.

You must do good for the right reasons. You cannot be forced. Once you take free-will out of the equation you have remove compassion and charity, thus the purpose is lost. That is what the Romans expected of the people of Israel. "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's."

This is what escapes Obama.

Unfortunately, Obama wouldn't be the first Christian that misinterpreted the Bible.

That just proves another one of Jesus' teachings. Those who do not have the Holy Spirit in their hearts will not understand what he was saying.

I guess Obama has joined the long list of false prophets.

Link

Obama at Prayer Breakfast: Jesus Would Want Us to Tax the Rich | Video | TheBlaze.com

If I were God, I think I'd get pretty tired of petty politicians putting words in my mouth and/or misquoting me.

Of course if I were God, I'd smite the shit out of about all of those politicians, so it's probably for the best that I'm not ...

If I were God, I think I'd get pretty tired of petty politicians putting words in my mouth and/or misquoting me.

Of course if I were God, I'd smite the shit out of about all of those politicians, so it's probably for the best that I'm not ...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi-V_ilJu0w&feature=related]Obama Mocks & Attacks Jesus Christ And The Bible / Video / Obama Is Not A Christian - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi-V_ilJu0w&feature=related]Obama Mocks & Attacks Jesus Christ And The Bible / Video / Obama Is Not A Christian - YouTube[/ame]

they mention him taking those passages 'painfully out of context', yet you can see the cuts in the clip, destroying any context there might have been.

Before I pass judgement, I'd like to see the uncut version. anyone?

So basically he reads the Bible the same way he reads the Constitution.

At least he's consistent. :doubt:

Generosity and helping others cannot be forced?

How about forcing democracy down the throats of the Afgans and Iarqi?
And I am sure all the troops were eager to go there and help the Iraqi.
And all the US taxpayers are eager to pay for the wars.

Jesus Christ was a liberal. Nuff said.

Jesus Christ was actually a Conservative.

Carl Henrich Bloch :: Jesus Was Not a Liberal

Btw.......

Christ taught that keeping the Ten Commandments was essential for eternal salvation:

And behold, one came up to him, saying, "Teacher, what good deed must I do, to have eternal life?" And he said to him, "Why do you ask me about what is good? One there is who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments." He said to him, "Which?" And Jesus said, "You shall not kill, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself." (Matthew 19:16-19) (See also, Mark 10:17-19 and Luke 18:18-20)

In my experience, liberals are not generally inclined to warn people that they are going to hell if they don't keep the commandments!

Carl Henrich Bloch :: Jesus Was Not a Liberal

Last edited:
Generosity and helping others cannot be forced?

How about forcing democracy down the throats of the Afgans and Iarqi?
And I am sure all the troops were eager to go there and help the Iraqi.
And all the US taxpayers are eager to pay for the wars.

Don't tell me.

Tell Obama.

He's the one acting like Afghanistan is the good war.

He's the one bombing Libyan tanks.

He's the one using drones to assassinate terrorists rather than capturing them.

I think Jeremiah pretty much covered that in Chapter 23. :eusa_whistle:

In my never to be considered humble opinion, all of us should be careful not to 'proof text' what others say whether we are quoting the Bible, Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Sarah Palin, Joe Biden, or anybody else.

As far as that clip where Obama is quoting scripture, I have seen and read the full speech and he indeed plucked verses out of the Bible to 'mock' though that is a pretty strong assessment of the context. More than once, Barack Obama has demonstrated a pretty thin Bible scholarship, however.

But the double standard continues. The recent speech in which he quoted scripture to support his agenda to tax the rich more got mostly a pass in the media and from the leftists on the board. Had Santorum or Palin or Cain or any of the other candidates used scripture to push their own agendas--in fact when they HAVE done that--they are ripped apart in the liberal media and on this board.

At least Santorum, Palin, Cain and some others accused of being 'Bible thumpers' do know their Bibles and they are consistent in their point of view.

I can't say that for our Fearless Leader whose metaphors seem pretty fluid and are twisted to fit whatever is expedient at the time.

:rolleyes:

And when I talk about shared responsibility, it’s because I genuinely believe that in a time when many folks are struggling, at a time when we have enormous deficits, it’s hard for me to ask seniors on a fixed income, or young people with student loans, or middle-class families who can barely pay the bills to shoulder the burden alone. And I think to myself, if I’m willing to give something up as somebody who’s been extraordinarily blessed, and give up some of the tax breaks that I enjoy, I actually think that’s going to make economic sense.

But for me as a Christian, it also coincides with Jesus’s teaching that “for unto whom much is given, much shall be required.”

And the Republicans want everyone to suffer EXCEPT for the rich.

Wrong Ravi. Most Republicans would prefer that nobody suffer, and they rightfully understand that when half the nation--49+ percent as of this morning--are paying little or NO federal income taxes and contributing nothing for the benefits they receive from the government, that is a dangerous situation. It promotes voting people into office who will keep the gravy train without responsibilities going, and forces more and more of those " evil rich" to shelter their income or withhold income producing activities.

The only way to alleviate suffering is to increase the circumstances of the 'poor', meaning that everybody produces and contributes what they can, not tear down the rich. Think of the principle of the story of the golden goose. . . .

:rolleyes:

And when I talk about shared responsibility, it’s because I genuinely believe that in a time when many folks are struggling, at a time when we have enormous deficits, it’s hard for me to ask seniors on a fixed income, or young people with student loans, or middle-class families who can barely pay the bills to shoulder the burden alone. And I think to myself, if I’m willing to give something up as somebody who’s been extraordinarily blessed, and give up some of the tax breaks that I enjoy, I actually think that’s going to make economic sense.

But for me as a Christian, it also coincides with Jesus’s teaching that “for unto whom much is given, much shall be required.”

And the Republicans want everyone to suffer EXCEPT for the rich.

It has nothing to do with the rich paying their fair share. It's about causing divisions, and using lies to discredit his opposition.

Obama lowers taxes for the Middle Class, and only the rich benefit when the GOP lowers taxes......according to Obama. The very same tax-cuts he hails as a Middle-Class benefit was labeled as "Tax-cuts for the wealthy".

It doesn't matter what the truth is. Obama simply lies about it, and he uses the media to sell his lies.

Jesus Christ was a liberal. Nuff said.

So what are Liberals in relation to the Pharisees of Jesus' time?
Liberals will sometimes buttress their argument that Jesus is one of them by labeling conservatives as being the modern day version of those who conspired against Jesus: the Pharisees. The Pharisees were a group of Jewish religious leaders who believed in strict adherence to Judaic law. Jesus chastised them for being hypocrites and for acting only on the letter of the law while completely ignoring its spirit. For, these leaders would faithfully perform their rituals, make a great show of their religiosity and admonish others to exhibit a formulaic devotion to the faith, while at the same time deviating from it when it was convenient for them to do so.

Liberals' contention that conservatives are the inheritors of this group's modus operandi seems to be based on the notion that conservatives share their lack of compassion, their hypocrisy and "do as I say but not as I do" approach. However, I think this begs the question: what group in our time seems to be enamored of the practice of rule-making and rule-breaking? In reality, it is the liberals who propose a rule in the form of a law as a solution to every perceived problem. And like the Pharisees, they will violate their own rules when it pleases them. Why, these are the people who tell us that there are no absolutes, ergo all standards are negotiable. This belief is what enables them to tell us with a straight face that judges can interpret our Constitution to suit the times because it is a "living document."

Liberals' contempt for standards is a corollary of the moral-relativism that is so often espoused by them, and relativism is completely antithetical to what Christ propounded. After all, Jesus did emphasize the spirit of the law, but He never said that this spirit was negotiable. If it were, Jesus wouldn't have ridiculed the Pharisees, but rather would have said, "This is the spirit that I live by, but hey, whatever works for you." No, Jesus was speaking of something real and specific, something immutable and eternal when He spoke of the spirit. It's the unchanging spirit of the real thing called the LAW, not the mercurial spirit of a different real thing called an individual's emotional realm. Also, as I pointed out before, Christ said "I am the Way, [and] THE Truth . . . "; He didn't say A Truth. Contrast this with the oft-uttered liberal sentiments, "That is your truth, someone else's might be different," "Truth is relative" and "What is Truth?" By the way, do you know who else posed the last question? The Roman Governor Pontius Pilate did — right before he condemned Jesus to death.

And what of the nature of Jesus' teachings? Well, liberals like to point out that Jesus preached love, charity, compassion and forgiveness, implying that their ideology has a monopoly on those qualities. It's as if they believe that conservatives are opposed to these virtues. But, correct me if I'm wrong, I never heard a conservative say that love is a bad thing. "Yeah, we really need less love in this world." In reality, conservatives only differ on what they believe love dictates — on what they believe constitutes genuine love.

Forum List

Back