Barrack Obama is no Bill Clinton

You know............I really want to hang around here and get to know all of you nutters well enough to enrich my joy and laughter when President Obama wins his second term. But, fuckin' A! Do you dummies have to be so damned repetitive? Can you at least try to be creative in your lame condemnation of the man?

The boredom may kill me before election day.

Nothing points to any type of confidence that O will be re-elected. It's getting worse for him.

You know............I really want to hang around here and get to know all of you nutters well enough to enrich my joy and laughter when President Obama wins his second term. But, fuckin' A! Do you dummies have to be so damned repetitive? Can you at least try to be creative in your lame condemnation of the man?

Nothing points to any type of confidence that O will be re-elected. It's getting worse for him.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Obama will encourage another stimulus no matter how bad of an idea it is to prop up the markets. This summer when the markets go down and unemployment rises - you wait - Obama will throw $billions and $billions and $billions of taxpayer money into the system if only to prop up the economy long enough to get past November.
He WILL do this - and the left WILL applaud him for doing it.

Au contraire, mes amis, Mssr Obama is more a Potheaded Commie Street Organizing thug whose drug seeking activity and antics made Cheech and Chong look more like reverent nuns in a cloistered abbey.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Obama will encourage another stimulus no matter how bad of an idea it is to prop up the markets. This summer when the markets go down and unemployment rises - you wait - Obama will throw $billions and $billions and $billions of taxpayer money into the system if only to prop up the economy long enough to get past November.
He WILL do this - and the left WILL applaud him for doing it.

Could be right. The fed has been talking about some more QE.

The problem with Clinton is that he had a Republican Congress that was willing to negotiate. Obama has a GOP Congress that isn't even willing to go along with ideas they used to support. They dig in and then go to court when they lose.

Yep, the last time this country was really purring:

Bill Clinton + Republican Congress + Mature Cooperation = Prosperity

Now, not so much.

Mac..were you alive back then?

The Republicans shut down government, twice..and impeached Clinton.

That's not "mature" cooperation.

D'oh! Nobody was supposed to say that out loud!

Point taken, and my point may only have validity when compared to the current mess -- but I'd offer a couple of thoughts there - the 1995 budget impasse could be credited for what followed, once Gingrich and Clinton had marked their territories, and that final budget, heavily influenced by the Congress, sure looked nice before Bush got his hands on it. Results are what ultimately matter, and the two parties did cooperate once the screaming was done. Unlike what we're seeing today.

And indeed, the impeachment was an embarrassment.

Do you not remember that when Dems controlled House and senate and had Obama all at the same time they rammed all kinds of things down the Republican congress and senate mouth.
. Do you not understand that payback is a bitch.
Oh you want the republicans to give in after you abused every thing possible and threw it in there face.
Polosi and Ried took advantage of Obama and now we will never know if he could have been a great President.
Even if he gets reelected and wins control his first 4 years history will show at best average.

I wish I had a nickle for every time a butthurt nutter has used the term " shoved down our throats" in reference to laws passed in accordance to the rules set forth in the fucking constitution.

There was no abuse. There was no being taken advantage of. There was every attempt made to cooperate and compromise. This was met with a filibuster-fest like we have never seen before.

This obstruction will be remembered and it will not be forgiven.

You're right...

Clinton inherited a country at peace and economic upswing (thank you Bush Sr).

Obama inherited a country that was a mess because of a terrorist attack, 2 wars that the majority of dems agreed need to happen, Katrina, and a democratic congress since 2007 that never passed a budget and only wanted to SPEND. Obama wanted this...he promised many things to get it...and has only made it worse.

And I've argued these points in defending Bush many times to our leftist friends.

It still doesn't excuse the fact the GOP since 2009 has not done the statemanlike thing even once and tried to work with the President on anything.

The problem with Clinton is that he had a Republican Congress that was willing to negotiate. Obama has a GOP Congress that isn't even willing to go along with ideas they used to support. They dig in and then go to court when they lose.

Yep, the last time this country was really purring:

Bill Clinton + Republican Congress + Mature Cooperation = Prosperity

Now, not so much.

Except then, they shut down the government on an actual principle.

And they impeached Clinton on the fact that he had actually, Oh, I don't know, violated a number of laws?

The also agreed on deficit reduction, tax reform, welfare reform and actually got an impressive amount of things done. In fact, Clinton got more done in that two years after Newt became speaker than he ever got down when he controlled both houses of Congress.

You're right...

Obama inherited a country that was a mess because of a terrorist attack, 2 wars that the majority of dems agreed need to happen, Katrina, and a democratic congress since 2007 that never passed a budget and only wanted to SPEND. Obama wanted this...he promised many things to get it...and has only made it worse.

And I've argued these points in defending Bush many times to our leftist friends.

It still doesn't excuse the fact the GOP since 2009 has not done the statemanlike thing even once and tried to work with the President on anything.

The president also needs to work with them....compromise. We have no proof that Obama did this. Obama doesn't want to make the cuts that he should, or stop spending like he should. He doesn't want to give up what he has. This is the reason for our credit downgrade. There were not enough CUTS in spending on frivolous crap that's not needed.

You're right...

The president also needs to work with them....compromise. We have no proof that Obama did this. Obama doesn't want to make the cuts that he should, or stop spending like he should. He doesn't want to give up what he has. This is the reason for our credit downgrade. There were not enough CUTS in spending on frivolous crap that's not needed.

Now you are being dishonest again. Obama bent over backward to try to get a few Republians to sign on to ACA.

There was no reason for the credit downgrade. The GOP should have voted for an increase in the debt ceiling, period. That kind of brinksmanship was wrong on both sides.

Forum List

Back